It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan Terrorist are planning suicide squads.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Tibetan Terrorist are planning suicide squads.

news.yahoo.com

"To our knowledge, the next plan of the Tibetan independence forces is to organize suicide squads to launch violent attacks," Public Security Bureau spokesman Wu Heping said Tuesday.

"They claimed that they fear neither bloodshed nor sacrifice," Wu told a news conference
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
We shall unite and fight those Tibetan terrorist to the end.
Fortunally China has used the right to use force against those enemies of the state. I hope the US will join China against those terrorist.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Your terrorist is my freedom fighter.

+ I doubt this is true. Tibettans are buddhist and despise violence. It is the Chinese regime who is using violence and bloodshed against the tibettan peoples.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I love the influx of Chinese propaganda. It would almost be funny if the US assisted China in attacking those darn terrorist monks...if it didn't mean more senseless killing.

As a simple observer, I have to take the track record of the Tibetans against the track record of the Chinese to help me determine who is telling the truth.

Has China really changed so much?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
sodom
yesyes, sure...
fear the flying-tibetan-psycho-kung-fu-monks, they can levitate and shoot psy-balls, and in groups they explode like a 1MT "nukular"- bomb
lol
sodom

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

As a simple observer, I have to take the track record of the Tibetans against the track record of the Chinese to help me determine who is telling the truth.

The record could be nastier for both sides than you might think
You have to be more open for the possibility and check the history by yourself.

Anyhow,regarding this news, I just heard it on the way back on the radio, to me (as a Chinese and Buddhist) it is a bit far-fetched. It's not like Islam, Buddhism never allow anyone to commit suicide killing innocents, there is no honor in it like Islam suicide bombers. no karma will make it good, you go straight to hell. Committing a suicide bombing attack requires a cold-blooded calm and determined mind, at least I can't imagine any people calling himself a Buddhist would do such a thing, no matter how extreme. Unless there is some passages in the Tibetan Buddhism that we don't know about, doubtful.

The violent rioters simply lost their mind and were out of control, I doubt that many would have thought they could commit so much violence, even killing and having burned innocent people to death.

Some planning for a real uprising with weapons, well that could be true. But probably only orchestrated by some hardliners who are not realistic.

For the Dalai Lama spokesman to say that China would stage such a suicide attack on her own people is idem dito just ridiculous.

We are really going nowhere with these kinds of accusations flying back and forth.

[edit on 1/4/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Suicide attacks would be pretty counter-productive to the basic foundation of buddhist teachings - non-violence. Just imagine the reincarnation hit a monk would take when his karma bottomed out after blowing up a soldier who was simply following orders because his family depended on it.

Monk to microbial fungi in one lifetime. That's quite a reduction on the ascention scale.

Ridiculous notion

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I would tend to agree with 44soul and Karl on this. I mean, consider the source "Public Security Bureau spokesman Wu Heping"... now equate that to the government/policy/state of the nation type sources in the U.S. in the "news." That might clear things up a little.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by piacenza

We shall unite and fight those Tibetan terrorist to the end.
Fortunally China has used the right to use force against those enemies of the state. I hope the US will join China against those terrorist.

news.yahoo.com

I hope the west boycotts these games because they are turning into a sham.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
During 'Nam monks soaked themselves in petrol and set themselves on fire in protest. A suicide "attack" would be something I'd assign more naturally to "Chinese" information warfare operative's staging, JMHO.

The "Chinese" are in a battle for world mindspace to protect their precious moment on the world stage provided by the Olympics and their balance of trade with the West.

The "Chinese" have killed and will kill again and a little spin-doctoring Eastern style is sooooo obvious. It's not like they care about human rights.

They are fools and are trying to make others fools. Use critical thinking skills - do not be fooled by those who'd seek to spread ignorance within the ATS community.

Speak'

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by piacenza

As someone else said, your terrorist = my freedom fighter.

Forgive me, but I am not taking the word of Public Security Bureau spokesman Wu Heping of the Chinese government as my reliable source of information.

That is like saying that everything coming out of Michael Chertoff's mouth is Gospel.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Your terrorist is my freedom fighter.

+ I doubt this is true. Tibettans are buddhist and despise violence. It is the Chinese regime who is using violence and bloodshed against the tibettan peoples.

1: No.

2: No.

What you did first was assume that all Tibetans were Buddhist, and what you went on to do was proclaim that they despise violence - this isn't exactly true.

Even the eldest and most enlightened monk living in the hills of what he believes is his shangri-la would not be pleased if he saw that there were armies going about the land ordering people off the streets and arresting those who protested.

Just because someone says that they don't want to resort to violence doesn't mean they won't.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Granted that all Tibettans are not Buddhist, but the national character and state religion are both based on buddhism.

Additionally, Buddhism doesnt have any philosophy of violence to defend the faith. While Islam has jihad, Christianity had the Crusades and Hinduism has Dharma Yuddha, Buddhism is based solely upon peace.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that Ahimsa in Buddhism denounces all violence for any purpose, even if it is in defence of the faith and realm.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

That's very nice, now let's just assume that all world religions stay EXACTLY THE SAME FOR ALL ETERNITY.

Do you see my point yet?

edit; the Truths of yesterday may be the wild goose of today.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Of course, but I wanted to highlight the fact that Buddhism is a major force for peace in Tibet.

The Tibettans are the best example of a freedom fighting force ive seen. They dont use violence to further their cause at all.

Unlike the palestinians who fire rockets off into Israel; the LTTE in Sri Lanka who bomb the Lankan security forces; the Nepalese communist-maoist forces who shoot other nepalese, Tibettans focus only on winning the moral debate. They exist peacefully in Dharmasala in exile, trying to win the political war rather than the physical one.

I assume that push comes to shove, the Tibettans will get fed up of chinese brutality and will begin to fight back. Frankly I think its a miracle that they havent started a violent rebellion yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Granted, the battle for the moral high ground is an important one - one which governments in the past have annihilated all opposition from (War in Afganistan & Iraq, the Palestinians).

Even if you were to claim the ethical and moral truths, if the opposition begs to differ you still have to fight.

Especially if the opposition has it's own followers with which to throw onto the ramparts.

Let's put ourselves in their shoes for a minute, shall we?

Yes, we're aware that fighting for what we believe in can cause a serious taint on the soul if we enjoy it but that doesn't mean that fighting is condemned in all instances.

Just because one carries a heavy weight does not mean that another can not carry a heavier weight.

One would consider the Olympics to be quite a heavy issue for the Tibetans, especially when you think about how there has been generation after generation of people who have been condemned by the Chinese for no apparent reason other than that they do not willingly subscribe to being part of the Chinese state.

I would infact support their actions no matter what they do.

The Chinese can have the moral high ground - i know where i stand.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
One man's terrorists is another man's freedom fighter.

The repression the Tibetan people have felt under Chinese occupation is a shocking crime. Population control, birth control and immigration from China is being used as a weapon by the Communist party to destory Tibet.

Tibetans need to take action and defend their land.
What was that famous line from Jefferson?

A Little Rebellion Now and Then Is A Good Thing

new topics

top topics

join