It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Bomb Plans Leaked On NET... Fantastic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What the heck is going on? Are governments setting up for a nuclear war or what? I really hope this is not true... It just seems like nations are "leaking" a lot of nuclear "stuff" to people and in places it should not be... What's up?

Civil servant leaked info about N-programme: Jaswant Source

I understand that the idea of how to build a nuclear bomb has been available to the public for a bit, but it should not be enough information for someone to actually build one... Just kinda freaks me out a bit... Not to mention if you run this search "leaked nuclear bomb plans on internet" as I did you'll see a lot of information on this... The link above was the most relevant one I found this far, I'm sure there is much more... It would be nice to find the article this guy is talking about that states we leaked the information onto the Internet in Arabic...

Is this what I think it is?
??? What?

UK Ministry Makes Atomic Bomb Plans Public... GREAT!!!

Why would we want to do this.. I just don't get it... And there's more...

Google these words exactly to get the same results as I...
"plans nuclear bomb"

Also anyone know how long plans for how to make nuclear weapons have been available for everyone and anyone to see?
Is this a recent development or has this been public like this since the Internet or even before? Please please anyone add more info. I would really like to know because this seems really dangerous and reckless to me...

[edit on 1-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
there are secrets that most be keep secret, and atomic plans are one of them, or at lease not exposing them public

the internet can be a very dangerous tool sometimes..!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The plans for a nuclear bomb have been online since the early 90s when America and Russia were in a state of disarmament and the posting was more for historical purposes. A kind of "see-what-we-did" sort of thing for the growing webheads to use in their history classes. There was even a gaming program called Mapblaster, which allowed you to pick your city, your warhead strength, and then "detonate it" to learn the results. I know because I used it several times just for kicks.

My interest at that time was picqued because I had served with the 4th largest missile and bomber squadrons in the USAF in the 80s and wanted to see what kind of Hell I could have unleashed. Believe me it was frightening.

The plans you're referring to are pretty much the mechanical kind and don't involve the intricate radiological and chemical processes to obtain and handle weapons grade nuclear material. As far as that goes, the processes would be deadly if in the wrong hands because those wrong hands would be dead from just one mistake.

Its easy to post plans on the Net about a nuclear weapon, but entirely different to build one.

It should, however, still be unsettling to find them available.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by qxlb52

It's really unsettling because it seems like everyone and their dog knows how to make these bombs now... Almost like everyone is like, here you go, build a nuke and then lets have a huge fireworks show... Feels like a behind the scenes setup for WWIII to me... I really hope nothing with nukes ever happens because our world would be completely dead if we nuked ourselves and it might not recover from something like that... At least not for thousands of years... kinda freaky...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It's too bad.

This kinda info has been around for a while now to those that knew where to look. Now, it's just a google search away or so. what a great idea.

Tech can't be suppressed matter how hard we try. It was thought up and designed by people. So, there are other outsiders that can do the same.

In locksmithing, knowledge of the trade skillset was a heavily guarded secret unless you were in the trade or knew someone. Ya usually had no clue about what went on. It was just security through obscurity.

Nowdays, any schmuck that can surf the web can get info that is quite dangerous to many.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
My take on this is- as soon as most scientific information is discovered then blue printed it becomes available merely because it is now in existence. The power of the nuclear explosions is going to create fascination as it is and the need to share information creates the plausibility for a universal moment when the twain shall meet- largely factored on desire.

The reasons become apparent upon meeting!

I have no use for a nuclear weapon so therefore my fascination remains in histories discovery. I have no use for them in my present nor my future therefore it ends for me in this thread.

btw OP- Starred and flagged!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Road Warrior 31
there are secrets that most be keep secret, and atomic plans are one of them, or at lease not exposing them public

the internet can be a very dangerous tool sometimes..!

No kidding... Scary right? What if the "terrorists" get them, which they probably already have them and decide to strap low yield nukes to themselves instead of c4 or whatever they use now... ???

Maybe we can control ourselves, from the looks of it more so than other countries, but even still... Freaky man freaky...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey
It's too bad.

This kinda info has been around for a while now to those that knew where to look. Now, it's just a google search away or so. what a great idea.

Tech can't be suppressed matter how hard we try. It was thought up and designed by people. So, there are other outsiders that can do the same.

In locksmithing, knowledge of the trade skillset was a heavily guarded secret unless you were in the trade or knew someone. Ya usually had no clue about what went on. It was just security through obscurity.

Nowdays, any schmuck that can surf the web can get info that is quite dangerous to many.

I know right... I actually watched a video on how to make a lock pick set... Full instructions showing everything you need to make them and how, very detailed... Funny in the beginning of the film he put text up saying, do not use this in any illegal way... Shoot, I think maybe those types of videos, anything that could be used to do something bad, should be taken off the net all together... Maybe we need a protection of information act or something... Or maybe YouTube just needs to make the effort to kill these before they get into the wrong hands... I haven't checked, but if not already one day someone will post, how to make a nuke out of a pepsi can, or some crazy thing, next thing you know everyone and their brother is building nukes in their garage...

Also I believe in the courts you could claim that it's available on YouTube and that's what gave you the idea... Saying if I hadn't seen the video I wouldn't have done it..

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dk3000

Lets hope more people have the same opinion as you and don't have the need and therefore don't build any, but you know kid or some crazy person will try and having plans available on "how to" make the bomb puts you and everyone else minding their own business in danger...

top topics

join