It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Good Luck...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Best of Luck Jeff
Thank you for everything you have offered ATS. Let us know when that book is finished.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
IMO, an embarrassing moment in the ATS story. Very sad and frustrating to see happen....

The best to you Jeff, you deserve it.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Good luck to you.

It does get hot in the frying pan.

It is a wise and hopefully fruitful decision to withdraw from an activity that grates on your very last nerve.

May you find peace and fulfillment.

Dizzie

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I guess those with the goofy posts are feeling vindicated right now, and will view this as a positive reason to keep up with what they do best. Sad.

My last several posts have been very much along the lines of your concerns, its nice to know that I am not alone, and in the company of solid professionals.

Sad day for ATS, but I do not expect this thread to be allowed to go on. It violates the T&C (no goodbye posts) and portrays ATS in a negative light. If they allow this post to propagate, I hope those that have contributed to the utter nonsense around here will wake up and become a part of the solution and not a part of the problem.

But your not attacking ATS. ATS is only the vehicle from which people express themselves. It's the content here that is user driven and your right...most of it in the UFO forum is laughable. ATS members need to do a better job of weeding out the laughable from the obvious in order to....never mind. Words like this are lost on those that.....

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
ATS loses its best analyst and i loose my first point of reference.
Jeff, i know and understand your reasons, and let me say that you're right.
As it has been sad for me to see you wasting your actually precious time on meaningless photos, now i'm happy that you did take this important decision: i say this as friend and as a guy who has learned, or has tried to learn something from you.
And there's ALWAYS something to learn from you.
But as ATSer, let me say that this is the worst day since i joined ATS.
So i'm undecided between being happy for you or being saddened for ATS.
What i know for sure is that NO ONE will be able to replace you:
Jeff Ritzmann is the only one, the best one: i prefer to stop here this post and to take a while in order to realize it better.
Jeff, best wishes for your book, and may your cleverness keep on enlightening the people as it happened here on ATS.
ATS CRIES TODAY.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Your professionalism will be missed here Jeff and I wish you the best in your journey. All I see anymore is forums full of chiefs who take their beliefs to the extreme and no amount of reasoning or science will change their minds. If I ever have a video or picture for someone to investigate I hope you're available for the job. You take care and good luck to you.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
See ya' Jeff. Your experiences are one of the very few that I thought was sincere and real. Many others here share the same sentiments as you I think. But in your case, to have your professionalism called into doubt and poo poo'd....must be even more grating.

What's the point of practicing good, critical review of someone's claims if they are simply ignored, or worse, flamed as some kind of intellectual bigotry?

Not all is lost Jeff.....there are others, although lacking the credentials to do the type of technical review you're capable of, that can offer perspectives from a number of viewpoints......ignored and flamed viewpoints, but at least viewpoints that express some level headed qualities.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You know it's April Fools Day and I'm just wondering and hoping that this is one. Jeff Is this an April Fools joke or is this serious? You could of posted this any other day but today. If not then again you will be missed and I hope you stop in every now and then to say hi and voice your opinions.

[edit on 4/1/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
While I'm fairly new to the boards in the short time I've been here I've realized what an asset you've been both to this board and the UFO community as a whole. You definitely raised some good points in your post and who knows, maybe this will the catalyst the board needs to return itself to a better condition. Your absence will definitely be felt here on ATS, but I think I speak for the whole ATS community when I say thanks for all the great work you have done in the past and the undoubtedly great work you will do in the future.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
sorry about your negative experiences jritzman. i've always held you in the highest esteem.
good luck in your book and thanks for all your help in UFOLOGY!!!

a sylogism

1. you, jritzman, rock but people in general suck.
2. you are not general
3. Therefore jritzman doesn't suck, but only rocks!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
*salutes* jritzmann

I havn't been exceptionally active on the UFO threads but i have read a great deal on them. Your contribution is obvious and important and it's a shame you're going.

Good luck with your articles and most of all the book

As for it being an april fools joke, well i do hope not, on the other hand i hope it is

[edit on 1-4-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Best of luck with all you do in the future. which probably includes not enough time to check in and read all the posts wishing you all the best..
Anyway yours thoughts, opinions and analysis will be missed..
but am sure you will be back...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
I came to the decision today that I wont be actively involved in the message board here at ATS any longer.

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear that. ATS needs people like you.

Hopefully, you'll be unable to resist participating in at least some topics.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Jeff,

I'm glad that you posted this thread. I wasn't sure how many people you were going to alert to your leaving, and I'm glad you told everyone.

I was writing up a 'in memorium -even though he still lives' thread, but I'm glad that I don't have to post it.

Your work here has been invaluable to me on a personal level. It was you who taught me that even though I am a proponent, evidence is everything in this field. I cannot thank you enough.

I meant everything I said in our last U2U, and I will be in touch if something comes up that I think you need to know about.

I hope that you will do the same, and know that you can count on me for any field work you need done in Southern California.

Best of luck not only with your book, but with your personal quest for truth. Its a sad day when one loses a mentor, but I'll take comfort in the fact that even though you aren't posting, you are still alive and well, and actively searching for truth.

You give me hope.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Shame to see you go. The UFO forum needs more like you, rather then some I could mention, but won't.

Good luck with the book. Hope you have an easier time with yours than I've had with mine. I can't get past "It was a dark and stormy night...".

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Take care Jeff. A more focused approach is definitely worth your time. As others have stated, many of us share your sentiments. At least you've got the conversation going as you depart to focus your efforts. That's not a bad way to say goodbye.

I think we are seeing the classic triumvirate battle between free speech, information integrity, and belief systems. This community will have to choose its eventual value in these arenas by choosing which of these spheres to protect most, and which to protect least. I see value in all three, so I don't claim there is an easy answer.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sorry to see you go. It was always interesting to read your threads and get your point of view.

Good luck in the future!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Good luck in your future endeavors, sir.

Although you move on some of us will use what we have learned by your example during our time left here on ATS. Take care...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
April fools?

If not...

...I wish you well!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I must say, I'm speechless! I share the same sentiments as others here in that, thanks to you, I've learned a lot about UFO photographic analysis that I didn't know before. In fact, some of your insights on this or that in this area just totally blew me away but good that you will continue doing this at ATS even though you've chosen not to participate on the board anymore on a daily basis.

This said though, I certainly do hope that you will consider chiming in every once in a while if you feel compelled to do so and as far as I'm concerned, I think you are just notifying us that you're not going to be as active on this forum as you have been over the past 3 or 4 years -- good decision, btw, if you are in the process of writing a book; one of which I most definitely will purchase once it's published! I can't think of anyone else on this board, other than the 3 Amigo's, who should have a book out now so as far as I'm concerned, this is good news!!
I'm so excited for you Jeff and can't wait to read the book!!

PS... But please at least stop by every once in a while just to keep us updated on everything ok?

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Palasheea]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join