It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Tosses Whites Out Of Court.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
The blacks need to learn how to get the HECK over themselves and realize that they were created equal and the only one who is holding them back our thier OWNSELVES !!!!!!!!

Is this what you would say to someone who , no more than 40 years ago, couldn't find a hotel which they could stay in because Blacks weren't allowed? Get over themselves?

Obviously this is a very abstract thing for you and you don't understand the repercussions on the psyche that this causes.

You have to understand that any black person over the age of 30 remembers the overt hatred thrust upon them by white society. This isn't something that ended 100 years ago. As a matter of fact, there are places in our country where it still hasn't ended.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
[snip]

Wow! Mods? I'm sure this is way off topic and a bit agressive.

You show your own ignorance with your post, and the hatred that I spoke of.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about poverty here. I'm talking about the racism that existed and the people who lived through it. As well as the racism that exists.

This Judge had every right to speak to a group from his own culture in an attempt to exhort them to live better lives and seek higher truths.

By the way.. where did the twinkie reference come from? I don't even eat twinkies. As a matter of fact, I am currently eating raw oats. They are high in fiber you know... it helps on the constipation. Maybe you should try some?

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Quazga]

[edit on 1/4/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The changes that were made should have either BEEN MADE and stood by ... or never made at all ...

There cannot be changes where the people that the changes are being made for do not recognize the changes ..........

The world will NEVER be like it was back then ... The only people that are holding anyone back is themselves whether it be black, white, asian, hispanic, indian reguardless you are only worth as much as you see yourself worth ... and these people do not see themselves as worth anything ... Hence the reason some of the black population is behind in schooling and so on ... As far as being poor I ate free at my school room cafeteria all my life because my parents couldn't even afford lunch for me .... Penut Butter and Jelly sandwiches ROCK ... lol ...

OBVIOUSLY, people are STUPID ... yes Stupidity happens; when you used to be able to talk about it in the open it helped the issue tremendously ... Now people are so afraid to offend the Black's ... it is getting STUPID !! ...

On a side note ... so I tell some of my black friends this ... and they are like wow ... can't believe this happen .... This is racists as racists goes ... and not towards the WHITE MAN .. this is racists towards the black man ... The judge was basically saying ... Can all the people that commit these crimes I am talking about please stay everyone else leave ... I am surprised the blacks are not OUTRAGED by this .... Yet, ignorance of most ... my friends only could comment I bet this is investigated ... WHO NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE SOMETHING SO BLATANT ??? There is no excuse ... none what so ever .. Let a White judge sit in a courtroom full of Whites mexicans and blacks and tell the mexicans and Blacks to leave FOR ANY REASON .. and watch the rain of HELL upon him ... FOR ANY REASON ...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Deus_Brandon

So you say it's racist for a black judge to talk to a black group about crimes. Isn't that really ignoring the truth?

You see the statistics show that blacks are 33 times more likely to commit crimes than any other demographic. This shows for a fact that there are serious cultural differences afoot which cause this statistic.

As Jay-Z said... Numbers don't lie. So this Judge in Atlanta decides to take some responsibility and speak to a group of black folks in his court as a black man and as a judge. I applaud him for taking a stand for what seems to be a serious epidemic today.

The fact remains that without these types of personalities, it will just get worse.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I agree with your points.

I honestly didn't see your point till you posted it.

Clearly we agree, that removing a particular race from a courtroom is as raceist as it gets.

IMO, the judge need to be removed from the bench.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So what is the difference between Bill Cosby admonishing black culture and this judge doing it?

Do people not realize that Judges have supreme authority in their court?

He didn't remove the whites to give the blacks an advantage. He removed the whites so that he could admonish and exhort a group of people without the stigma caused by being singled out entirely.

Once again, please note that statistics show black people are 33 times more likely to commit a crime.

Given this, shouldn't the judge speak out on it?

Whenever you counsel someone in the military you remove them from the situation. I have been in several situations where rooms have been cleared so that a group of people can be counseled in private.

Evidently, most of the people on this thread never got past the headline. Thats pretty much what is behind most racism in general.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's funny you ask this .. yes .. I find it very wrong if any race judge says he wants to specifically talk to any race about a problem besides maybe SICKLE CELL ANEMIA ... ... for obvious reasons ... Just like if you took a group of 20 teenagers split them up .. Reguardless of race .. and talk to 10 of them about sex education and take the other 10 and do not talk about sex education ... Which of the 20 students are going to have sex first the educated ?? Or the uneducated ... ???? My theory is probably the uneducated .. because the educated no what's the deal with it and know how to reduce the chance of people finding out where those that weren't educated just hear what it is about and are intrigued ...

Originally posted by Quazga

So you say it's racist for a black judge to talk to a black group about crimes. Isn't that really ignoring the truth?

You see the statistics show that blacks are 33 times more likely to commit crimes than any other demographic. This shows for a fact that there are serious cultural differences afoot which cause this statistic.

As Jay-Z said... Numbers don't lie. So this Judge in Atlanta decides to take some responsibility and speak to a group of black folks in his court as a black man and as a judge. I applaud him for taking a stand for what seems to be a serious epidemic today.

The fact remains that without these types of personalities, it will just get worse.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
It's funny you ask this .. yes .. I find it very wrong if any race judge says he wants to specifically talk to any race about a problem besides maybe SICKLE CELL ANEMIA ... ... for obvious reasons ... Just like if you took a group of 20 teenagers split them up .. Reguardless of race .. and talk to 10 of them about sex education and take the other 10 and do not talk about sex education ... Which of the 20 students are going to have sex first the educated ?? Or the uneducated ... ???? My theory is probably the uneducated .. because the educated no what's the deal with it and know how to reduce the chance of people finding out where those that weren't educated just hear what it is about and are intrigued ...

But we do split up teenagers to talk about certain embarassing subjects.

What say you?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Well said.

I have no problem with what he did and understand why he did that way.

I believe the judge did the proper thing. It may be a bit out of the ordinary but if his point gets across to some if not one of the defendants they appeared in front of him, good for him.

As far as the baseball bat incident, I can only speculate the 'lawyers' take on the event was to better suit his client rather then what is was.

I perceive it be a display of 'No Bullsh$t in my court'. If there were talks of threatening some of his staff, what better way to show your not intimidated by it and certainly won't stand for it.... may have been a smarter move just to lay it across in front of him, let it speak for itself.

link   
reply to post by Quazga

It is raceist because the judge removed all of one race from the courtroom. not talking on the street, but in a court of law-that is the issue.

As I said before, what if a white judge removed all the blacks from court to talk to the whites???

"ou see the statistics show that blacks are 33 times more likely to commit crimes than any other demographic. This shows for a fact that there are serious cultural differences afoot which cause this statistic. "

That is NO excuse for the judges raceism. A court is supposed to be a jury of your peers, not a all back court. It is as wrong as an all white court.

link   
Now that I have seen the short video I think the Judges heart was in the right place. It sounds like he is frustrated, and what judge wouldn't be, by the day in and day out parade of black defendants rotating through the legal system. He would have been better off just speaking directly to everyone in the court room about his concerns. This is a very healthy topic for people to discuss. It takes a long time to heal a 400 year old wound.

I guess bottom line is he is holding the position of judge and people expect him to be wise and impartial. He is held to a higher standard because of his esteemed position in society. His concern over the predominantly African-American racial composition of the defendants should not be lost in the countries discussion of the matter.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So what is the difference between Bill Cosby admonishing black culture and this judge doing it?

The difference is Bill Cosby from what I have seen of him is a COMEDIAN and this guy is a JUDGE in our COURT system that has to SUSTAIN a certain order and SUPREMACY ... How can you compare a Judge and a Comedian ???

Do people not realize that Judges have supreme authority in their court?
Yes, obviously the judge got away with doing something that should have NEVER EVER BEEN ALLOWED ... EVER IN A COURT HOUSE IN THE UNITED STATES .. He is a judge of the USA not the BLACK'S JUDGE ... maybe that is something you can work on next a court just for a certain race ... sounds about as fair as this !!!!!!!

Once again, please note that statistics show black people are 33 times more likely to commit a crime.

Whenever you counsel someone in the military you remove them from the situation. I have been in several situations where rooms have been cleared so that a group of people can be counseled in private.

And look at how many secrets that the military tries to keep out of the public eye .... This is for something totally different the MILITARY COURT is totally different than that of the USA ...as it should be

Evidently, most of the people on this thread never got past the headline. Thats pretty much what is behind most racism in general.

I never had to read any of the post ... Just had to watch the video and hear .... EVERYONE BUT A CERTAIN RACE MUST LEAVE A PUBLIC PLACE ... that is made for the public ...

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

The difference is one man is a comedian making jokes on TV/stage.

The other is a Judge in a court of law.
BTW, what do you think would happen if bill gave a comedy act and kicked all whites out??? Can you say massive lawsuits?

"Once again, please note that statistics show black people are 33 times more likely to commit a crime. Given this, shouldn't the judge speak out on it? "

Talking about it is fine, being raciest and kicking the whites out is NOT!!!

"Whenever you counsel someone in the military you remove them from the situation. I have been in several situations where rooms have been cleared so that a group of people can be counseled in private. "

If it was a fight or something fine, separate the two who fought and deal with it, but if people in the military are separated bye race, that is wrong and illegal.

"Evidently, most of the people on this thread never got past the headline. That’s pretty much what is behind most racism in general."

No, most of the people know what the judge did was raciest, illegal and immoral.
BTW, lets define racism so we all know what we are talking about-shall we?

"Legal definition According to the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, the term "racial discrimination" shall mean :
any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, color, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life. '[1]" Racism

[edit on 4/1/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by Quazga

It is raceist because the judge removed all of one race from the courtroom. not talking on the street, but in a court of law-that is the issue.

As I said before, what if a white judge removed all the blacks from court to talk to the whites???

"ou see the statistics show that blacks are 33 times more likely to commit crimes than any other demographic. This shows for a fact that there are serious cultural differences afoot which cause this statistic. "

That is NO excuse for the judges raceism. A court is supposed to be a jury of your peers, not a all back court. It is as wrong as an all white court.

If a white jusge removed all blacks from a court to speak to whites because the statitistics somehow showed they were more likely to commit crimes of some sort, then no it would not be racist.

As I mentioned, the statistics show the opposite currently.

So it makes sense to do this.

Your stance is more like the satire of Stephen Colbert when he says "I don't see race... I've moved past that"

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Your stance is more like the satire of Stephen Colbert when he says "I don't see race... I've moved past that"

The only Satire in this is that you cannot see that this is possible to do ... Most african americans cannot see how the "WHITE MAN" lol ... why is that so funny to me ... can change ... Just as the world has changed over the last 20 years ... I mean JESUS ... 30 years ago .. everything was in Black and white .. Guess what people we got HD TV now ... come on ...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

When someone moves to a postion of judicial authority, yes, they need to forget all race/sex/religion.......

If a judge cannot or will not do so, they need to be removed from the bench.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It is obvious to me that we have some on this board who understand, but an overwhelming majority who do not.

People have to understand that although we are "created equal" our histories and our experiences make us very different.

I also find it interesting that no one will reply regarding the fact that black people are 33 more times likely to commit a crime than any other demographic.

Given these statistics what do think about a judge talking about it?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
WoW, someone can say it all POLITICAL ... and make most of you understand thank you for this post ... as I do not have time and CORRECTNESS in my wording to put things like this.... as I am more forthcoming and just tend to blurt out ... Paragraphs ...

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Now that I have seen the short video I think the Judges heart was in the right place. It sounds like he is frustrated, and what judge wouldn't be, by the day in and day out parade of black defendants rotating through the legal system. He would have been better off just speaking directly to everyone in the court room about his concerns. This is a very healthy topic for people to discuss. It takes a long time to heal a 400 year old wound.

I guess bottom line is he is holding the position of judge and people expect him to be wise and impartial. He is held to a higher standard because of his esteemed position in society. His concern over the predominantly African-American racial composition of the defendants should not be lost in the countries discussion of the matter.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is because of many things ... many of which I will not even begin to dwell into ... But I will skim the service for ya ... Just to entertain you ... Back in the 70's when there were alot of hate groups ... MANY MANY MANY blacks were being messed around in alot of ways, MAINLY for being in the wrong spot at the wrong time ... as aweful and racists that is ... it happend ... Just the other day a BLACK man got out of prison after being there for fourty years ... and hadn't even commited the crime ... These people in jail are where most of these stastitics come from ... Much of them stemmin off from those riots and other things from 30 years ago ...

It is obvious to me that we have some on this board who understand, but an overwhelming majority who do not.

People have to understand that although we are "created equal" our histories and our experiences make us very different.

I also find it interesting that no one will reply regarding the fact that black people are 33 more times likely to commit a crime than any other demographic.

Given these statistics what do think about a judge talking about it?

The judge has every right to talk about it ... But do not pull aside a certain race of people and talk about it ... The whole key to the JUDGES POINT was to UNITE all the people or help in uniting them ... All he did was show the Blacks in that courtroom they were DIFFERENT from the rest of the people in some way or another ....

HOW IS THIS HELPFUL at ALL ????

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join