It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush screws over the system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, Bush screwed the people over. He couldn't get any extreme judges in since the Democrats kept blocking his choices, so he waited for them to be on vacation for Presidents day and got one in. Yep, he waited for the congress to be on vacation and slips in an extreme. He gets around the checks and balances system, does something I find very unconstitutional, and well, it will hurt America. If he does this once, why not ten times? Why not get another 10 in before elections? He was appointed to the Appeal courts.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Got a link or something? Some don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Sorry KJ, don't have one, heard it on the news. I know, I will get one right now, thanks to Dogpile.com, far better than google.

Here: www.indystar.com...

Part of it

Last month Bush used his "recess appointment" power to place Mississippi Judge Charles Pickering on the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans. Democrats and civil rights organizations opposed Pickering for his role in a cross-burning case in which he lowered a defendant's sentence from seven years to 27 months because he was a first-time offender.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the link.

Here's the deal. You should not be on Bush for doing what is Constitutionally his right to do. Can you really blame him for wanting to do what he think is right? I have no doubt that anyone would do the same thing given the chance.

If it is the right you have issues with, then that is legitimate.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's not the right, it's the person. If he made a judge who wasn't an obvious racist, I wouldn't mind. But he lets in a guy who supports cross burnings and racism.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have to say that I don't know anything about this guy, but I highly doubt that he supports cross burning.

If you have information to the contrary, post it.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, if the guy had been a Arab terrorizing whites, he'd be in jail for the next 50 years, but a white boy just burns crosses, vandalizes property of some blacks, let him go. It's bs! The guy should have gone to jail for the amount of time anyone else would, not get 5 years off cause he is white.

Anyways, the congress, most dems AND some reps kept saying no, this guy is a loose cannon, so Bush waits for them to leave. It may be his right, but it is wrong morally.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
And again.

I have to say that I don't know anything about this guy, but I highly doubt that he supports cross burning.

If you have information to the contrary, post it.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, Bush screwed the people over. He couldn't get any extreme judges in since the Democrats kept blocking his choices, so he waited for them to be on vacation for Presidents day and got one in. Yep, he waited for the congress to be on vacation and slips in an extreme. He gets around the checks and balances system, does something I find very unconstitutional, and well, it will hurt America. If he does this once, why not ten times? Why not get another 10 in before elections? He was appointed to the Appeal courts.

its called perks of being the president. just like being able to pardon people from imprisonment. dont act like your left-wing buddies have never done anything like this.

new topics

top topics

join