It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Christians Been Duped?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

I never said I proved you wrong, Ashley D did, she gave evidence that what you were saying is wrong, so there ya go.

-Jimmy the Newbie

But you in your turn refered to your oponents as Jesus/God-haters. I agree with Ashley D, she has debunked the popular belief that Mithra and Jesus share so much in common. Remember that the catholics tried to assimilate into Roman and other pagan worship in order to get into power and take over the Empire, however, the only thing I can see that Mithra and Jesus has in common is their supposed birth at 25th of December, which has been Jesus' birthday since 325 AD when Constantine the Great changed his birthdate. Jesus was probably born in Pisches or Aries during Passover, his mother was probably a Virgo.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yeah I know, it's I keep getting this feeling that there are a lot of people who want to try and oust God from peoples minds by first saying that they believe in Him, but then they attack who God is claimed to be on different levels. so in turn we have people who hate God, but claim they don't as an attempt to turn people away from God. If I'm wrong about you Excitable_Boy, then I truely am sorry and I ask for your forgiveness.
I just feel there are a lot of people here who say that they believe in god, but there kinda like a double agent for the devil, am I making any sense? I tend not to some times.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

I'm a drone? I switch subjects when I get proven wrong? When have I EVER been PROVEN wrong about anything? ]

Oh please...

Mithras was born of a virgin by immaculate conception.
- He was born of Anahita, an immaculate virgin mother
Mithras was born in a stable.

Originally posted by AshleyD

Mithras was not born in a stable, to a virgin, by immaculate conception He was believed to have emerged as an adult out of solid rock as the ancient reliefs show.

What is it we call someone who never admits to being wrong?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yeah I know, it's I keep getting this feeling that there are a lot of people who want to try and oust God from peoples minds by first saying that they believe in Him, but then they attack who God is claimed to be on different levels. so in turn we have people who hate God, but claim they don't as an attempt to turn people away from God. If I'm wrong about you Excitable_Boy, then I truely am sorry and I ask for your forgiveness.
I just feel there are a lot of people here who say that they believe in god, but there kinda like a double agent for the devil, am I making any sense? I tend not to some times.

No you're making sense Jimmy and I think your assesment is dead on bro. There is a lot of misinformation and blasphemy being spread and you are right to call it for what it is.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Don't be so paranoid, my friend. Not everyone here who believes in God has been indoctrinated in "the Official Truth" served by the church and thank God for that. Here we have Jews, Muslims, Christians, Catholics, Gnostics and many others who believe in the One God, but in different ways. Hopefully we can discuss our different viewpoints from our different faiths and beliefs without being called a satanist or a God hater. That was all. Please respect other peoples' opinons without all the namecalling.

Edit: this was in response to jimmyjackblack

[edit on 6/4/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Have Christians been duped?

Yes.

Christians have been raped of self actualization, in exchance for empty promises of saviour.

HAHA! What will those crazy world rulers think of next?

Oh wait....

Eh, Christians and patriots alike. I hope that works out for ya, but let me be the first to tell you that it won't. At the very least, its a flowery sounding waste of time and energy.

Have fun not evolving.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

So you are saying I believe that Bush is the best darn president ever?
Have you ever seen me post in the 9/11 board, I'm not that patriotic. I love the country I live in, but I wont die for land. My paatriotism lies with Christ, one day this country will turn on the Christians (says so in the bible) and then where will the Christian Patriots Patriotism lie? If they are truly patriots then they will except the mark of the beast, me on the other, I am no patriot to any country, I love this planet, but I won't always be here, so I'll try to make the best of it that I can and encourage others to do the same.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Why do they have so many threads on here about if Christianity is real or fake?

Good question.

It makes me wonder, seems it is a sorta reverse apostilization,

I often wonder what one hopes to accomplish.

Do we want to enlighten the world?

Or just rag on Christians?

One should examine their motives.

Do you have an agenda?

When is ENOUGH, ENOUGH?

[edit on 053030p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 053030p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Very well said, but I think people just wanna rag on Christians since Athiests hate us for some bizzare reason (us meaning Christians, they never rag on other religions, just ours, so they're actually anti-Christians, not Atheists).

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
ARE YOU A NICOLAITAN
yahushua.net...

There will always be a back log of Christ like beliefs that did not sprout but died off like weeds because they were weak without substance and Pagan in minority. Like many have said on this forum, Christ was known about for thousands of years, the Old Testement has over 300 prophecies of Christ and you wonder why people made their own up? They are still doing it with Religions that came afterwards, look at the Mormons for example and Islam but without the redeemer part of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Don't worry fellow believers, atheists will see and get their chance. Probably many of them will enter the Kingdom while many of you proclaimed Christians will be left to yourselves. God loves an intelligent debate, and aquired knowledge developed into new science. God is science, and the further we reach into the future the more we see how science breaks the seals of the Good Book. The last I read was that they have made semen from bones and actually made mice with them. God made Eve from a bone he took out of Adam. And...

Ezekiel 37:1 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "O Sovereign Lord, you alone know." 4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! 5 This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'"

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

Very well said, but I think people just wanna rag on Christians since Athiests hate us for some bizzare reason (us meaning Christians, they never rag on other religions, just ours, so they're actually anti-Christians, not Atheists).

-Jimmy

Yes Jimmy it seems they do.

Christianity has gone through many transformations and reformations.

We all know the sordid history of christianity, but we have come a long way, most have anyway.

If for the most part Christians are not harming anyone, and doing good, one has to wonder why some keep harping on the subject.

There was a time when I was so close to becoming an atheist, I spent a lot of time on atheist forums, their main topic of conversation was Christians. Don't you find that odd?

Coming close to losing my faith was horrible, I was miserable. I never want to be the one to rob someone of their faith, maybe enlighten and debate but not set out to destroy one's hope.

Now it seems to me this is all bible prophecy coming to pass.

I am alternative in my Christian beliefs,

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

I'm a drone? I switch subjects when I get proven wrong? When have I EVER been PROVEN wrong about anything? ]

Oh please...

I don't know about you but I call it Atheism.

That's why they say they are like herding cats. When you get two atheists in a room one says good morning the other says thats not what the evidence shows . Then silence. No if you attend a party of Atheists, what you get is either lots of sex, talk about sex, sex and drugs but not necessarily in that order and the only topic they can agree on, that being Christianity MUST be DESTROYED.

It is why we have such a perversion of Science these days. YES Atheists have totally Ruined, corrupted, Screwed up, messed up, FUBAR anything left of science. Not since the Religious extremist fundamentalist has any single group gone further to be despised, hated, not trusted, and generally thought to be more mentally disturbed than today's Neo Atheist, a fact that is undeniable and one, they will deny nevertheless.

While Christians have admitted on many occasions to being a very flawed very misguided people, Atheists are NEVER wrong and existential_Boy, Lilliputian typically exemplify this persona of perfectionism. Of course people like this don't believe in God. Why would anyone so righteous so perfect have any need for a saviour? You can't fix what you don't acknowledge is wrong and the last thing anyone, especially a Christian is ever going to do is tell an Atheist they are wrong. I mean wrong about ANYTHING. I thought MIMS was the only one who has never been beat in a debate on here but I see now we have yet another mouthy Atheist that can make the same claim but what is so strange, so absolutely undeniably weird about this, is they don't seem to a see a thing wrong with that.

Of course not, "what is so weird so strange about seeing anything wrong with someone who is never wrong when they are never wrong, is wrong with that? "

Confused?

That was the answer I was given by an Atheist.

Invariably whenever you copy "what is so weird so strange about seeing anything wrong with someone who is never wrong when they are never wrong, is wrong with that" paste such convoluted witless logic to google, you usually get a few Atheist websites within the first 1-5 listed

and THAT's why,,

I was NOT confused. Get it now? you will and then you will begin to understand the language of legion,,

and why Science,

is in peril

- Con

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It seems some people need to understand what Prove and Proof mean as well as Debunk.

No one here has proven me "wrong" about anything. You have proven that there are other opinions. Like I said earlier, the only way you will PROVE me wrong about my beliefs in God and the mortalness of Jesus if he even existed at all, would be to have God come down and explain to me Himself the error of my ways.

Otherwise, your opinions are your opinions and they only prove that there are other opinions. One opinion does not prove another opinion to be wrong. I did bring up the fact that there are other stories that are similar to the story of Jesus. This is a fact. These stories exist. It is true that there exists a story about Jesus. Where is the PROOF that ANY of them are true or false?

I believe in God and do not believe in Jesus. You can't tell me I'm wrong and you can't tell me I'm right. You can't debunk it.

Everyone understands the definition of Fact, right? Example: 2+2 = 4 is a fact. But, Jesus being the Messiah is not a fact. And, Jesus not being the Messiah is also not a fact.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Mithras was born of a virgin by immaculate conception.
- He was born of Anahita, an immaculate virgin mother
Mithras was born in a stable.

Originally posted by AshleyD

Mithras was not born in a stable, to a virgin, by immaculate conception He was believed to have emerged as an adult out of solid rock as the ancient reliefs show.

Bigwhammy....this is amusing. Ashley is arguing the falseness of one claimed story that has never been proven by comparing it to another that has never been proven. This seems logical to you? She even says and I will quote: "he was BELIEVED to have emerged..."

It appears there are several different versions of the story. It is "believed" doesn't mean it is a fact. It appears there are many different beliefs. But....where are the facts?

I never said I will not admit when I am wrong. I have not been wrong on here. No one has proven anything here and no one will. If any of us had PROOF, we would have nothing to argue about.....

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
ok, i just want to say this as an onlooker,

why are you here arguing on this topic???? (and i am just talking to people who are arguing, no side in particular)

The fact is while you are here continuously trying to batter each other to death about who is wrong and who is right, you are all missing the point....

IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!

search for your own truth, in your own way, if you believe in the bible in its literal sense and that brings you happiness then follow it, if you want to know more truths (and i say "more" because although i do not believe in the bible as a book i should personally follow, i do believe there are many truths within it) then keep searching and expand your self with outer and inner knowledge.

These threads all become the same, christian people asking why athiests and/or other religious people are hating on them and vice versa, and i really think it's a waste of energy.

learning history is great and and open mind is essential. but why you must all enter in to either forcing your beliefs on to one another or telling people who believe in something that they are "wrong" i don't think that is what being a godly or good person is about?

people need to respect each others beliefs and open their minds and eyes a little more, stop hatin on each other... it's really negative!

just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Bigwhammy....this is amusing. Ashley is arguing the falseness of one claimed story that has never been proven by comparing it to another that has never been proven. This seems logical to you? She even says and I will quote: "he was BELIEVED to have emerged..."

I already answered what you are trying to get at HERE (and please actually take the time to check out the link I post this time) when Gigatronix brought up the same question. Obviously we cannot 'prove' what Mithras did as we believe he was a mythical figure who never existed. Let's even say for argument's sake Jesus never existed. It doesn't matter. What we are saying is what was believed (Yes, I am saying believed- as in by the followers of the figures in question) and recorded in the texts, reliefs, and/or scripts is not what these 'scholars' are telling you.

For instance, those who spread the Pagan Copycat Hypothesis (PCH) will say Mithras was born of a virgin, though immaculate conception, in a stable. However, the reliefs show he emerged from solid rock, as an adult, and no stable was involved in his stories. Get it? Pushers of the PCH do not tell you the "factual" (notice the quotes) tales behind the figures but make them up to make them appear more similar to Jesus than they actually were.

Ashley....how do "links" debunk?

I don't know. How do links debunk, EB? Can a string of characters in a URL debunk anything? Probably not. If I had to guess, I would say the information found on the sites the links take you to is what debunks.

[edit on 4/7/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
[off-topic post removed]

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

General Hints and Tips

Be nice. We're all here to better understand the various obvious and hidden influences on our often stressful world.

1) Be polite. Above all, we take pride in the fact that AboveTopSecret.com is renowned as a destination for civil and polite discussion of nearly anything. Treat your fellow ATS members with respect, and your time here will be rewarding.

Just a reminder...

» Conspiracies in Religions » Have Christians Been Duped? » Post Reply

...NOT each other.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't know. How do links debunk, EB? Can a string of characters in a URL debunk anything? Probably not. If I had to guess, I would say the information found on the sites the links take you to is what debunks.

You missed my point entirely Ashley. Opinions and stories do not debunk anything. FACTS debunk. Arguing one opinion against another doesn't prove anything and doesn't disprove anything.

Faith shouldn't be full of denial either. Faith should be filled with things that make us CERTAIN. I believe in God. I do not have the hubris to think I know more than that and I am certainly not going to let stories written by mortal men influence my decision.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join