It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Christians Been Duped?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by realism
I think if you study that a little deeper you might find they are!

If they worshipped anything on the heavens, it was just about all of it, but for the Hebrews it was strictly forbidden to worship the Army of Heaven/God, that means the stars and constellations of the night sky. Ba'al worship was all about that, to worship the seven moving stars and the constellations. The Hebrews observed the stars and probably had names for the constellations etc. but this was secret knowledge. Certain priests, scribes and prophets could study the stars, and you find a unique form of astrology encoded into the Bible, but it's not about worship, it's mostly connected to give some kind of calendrical referances actually. God or the Father thrones in the North Psalms say. Around Stella Polaris is a constellation that looks like an old man sitting in large chair with a lamb in his lap and a great man standing to his right rising his left arm. If they worshipped anything in Heaven it was this particular constellation, for it is the Father, the Lamb and the Son of Man. In Ba'al worship this constellation was replaced by a serpent or a dragon. This constellation is the constellation Draco in modern/classical/Hellenistic astrology and consist of the head, shoulders and right arm of the constellation I call the Father.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Jesus and God are not the same thing. *yawn*

You have to accept other peoples' beliefs and opinions. The gospel of John says that "the Word" or Gr. "Logos" was or is God. Many Christians interpret this to mean that Jesus is his own proclaimed prophecy so to speak, and since Jesus is the Word, Jesus must also be God.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So Christians are Pagans? Two gods?

I have always found this fascinating. Christians will put down Pagans all day long.....but LOOK IN THE MIRROR!! Christianity is Paganism.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

So Christians are Pagans? Two gods?

I have always found this fascinating. Christians will put down Pagans all day long.....but LOOK IN THE MIRROR!! Christianity is Paganism.

Actually the Catholic dogma requires three gods in their (pagan) trinity doctrine. The trinity is adopted from Sumer, or the three gods Anu, Enki and Enlil. According to Sumerian tradition they were aliens of the Anunnaki tribe, and had come to earth to mine for gold.

However, the bible doesn't mention the trinity, they simply mention the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost in one sentance. Of course this had to become a brand with the pagan Romans.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Hello, my name is Excitable_Boy, I like to just make the old argument, over, and over, and over agian, even though I've already had this question explained to me in previous threads, but I'll just keep doing it because I'm a drone. Plus I'll switch suibjects when I get proven wrong so I can make believe it never happened.

Seriously, I'm not trying to sound mean, but that is what is going on here, I previously asked if we could get something new to converse about other than this Zietgiest crap.

And to answer your question for the billionth time time concerning the Trinity. They all are three in the same! The Son (Jesus as you folks call Him, I call em, Yeshua) is God, God the Father (not to be mixed up with The Godfather) is God, and lastly our old friend God The Holy Spirit (AKA The Lord of Spirits, He is actually the very spirit, the very nature of God) is God. They are not three different Gods! Maybe I need to shout it cause you aren't listening THEY ARE NOT THREE DIFFERENT GODS! They are three parts of the same entity, God. "Let Us create man in Our own image". who was this "Us", it was the Trinity, when will you spindoctors quit the same old same old.
Seriously. Sorry, but I'm little frustrated cause I hear the same argument over and over, it's really annoying, I keep thinking maybe, just maybe someone has something new to say, but they never do.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So Jesus was talking to himself and left behind his own ghost when he left us to return to himself? There is only one God. The Father of the Son of Man. The Son of Man is a different person than the Father, and the Holy Ghost is a person, jesus refers to both the Father and the Holy Ghost in third person. Was Jesus schizophrenic? Is that what you are saying. The Catholic Church invented the Trinity, just like they changed times and laws and fulfilled the antichrist prophecy of Daniel. The dogmas and doctrines of the Catholic church is pagan and satanic. What did Jesus say about calling the pope Father?

Matthew 23:9 "And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven."

The pope is the Antichrist. If he was a man of God and a truely follower of Jesus he would sell his possessions and given the money to the poor:

Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Instead, the Vatican owns so much bloodmoney and cursed gold that it is a shame. They dress in velvet and scarlet and build their tower of sin into the heavens.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

According to this, yet another story from about 350 BC that is identical to the story of Jesus!

source: groups.msn.com...

Soon after this Zorastrian/Babylonian takeover in about 580BC, The Babylonians were holding the Jews in captivity. The Jews were Henotheists at this time but became heavily influenced by the concept of one god of goodness and one god of evil.

In about 350BC Mithras was sent by the Father God down to Earth to confirm his contract with Man.

Mithras was born of a virgin by immaculate conception.
- He was born of Anahita, an immaculate virgin mother
Mithras was born in a stable.
We celebrate his birth on Dec 25th
Mithras was visited by wise men bearing gifts
Mithras had 12 disciples
He was called the Messiah
- Mithras was also the god of Darius, conqueror of Babylon, He was called "Messiah" or Christos by Jews during their Captivity.
Mithras made a Contract (or Covenant) with Man confirming an older contract with God
- The Persian word Mithras literally means "Contract"
Mithras celebrated a last supper with his disciples before his death
Mithras died to atone for the sins of man
Mithras was resurrected on a Sunday
Mithras ascended into Heaven to rejoin his Father
Mithras will return to pass judgment on mankind
- He was known as the judger of souls
On judgment day, the dead will arise and be judged by Mithras
Mithras will send sinners to Hell
Mithras will send the faithfull to Heaven
On judgment day there will be a final conflict between evil and good.
The forces of evil will be destroyed and the saved will live in paradise forever.
Mithras is part of a holy Trinity that took human form
Mithras is depicted as having a halo
Mithras followers drink wine and eat bread which represent his blood and flesh.
Mithras followers are baptised
That's a whole lot of remarkable coincidences all from hundreds of years before Jesus was born.

The Holy book of Zoroastrian was called the Avesta of Zarathustra (Zoraster is the Greek word for the Persian "Zarathustra"). The Jews were well aware of this book.

And I was called a plagiarizer in another thread!

This is fascintating stuff and I am going to go buy a copy of whatever book this story is in and share some of it. I am heading to Barnes & Noble. I will be back.

Now this IS a conspiracy!!

[edit on 1-4-2008 by chissler]

hello there

The problem you have is that you miss that Satan wants to be like God and is trying (well it seems) to create a false messiah, this is foretold to happen, he wants to be worshipped as god.

the old wolves in sheeps clothing, dress it up as genuine. The OT books were around in 350bc and the OT tells the salvation plan,

as a consequence Stan tries to fool others by setting a false systems. just unfortunate that Christians and others fall for it

cheers

David

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
And the "holy number" of Mithra was 666, the sum of all 36 decans in the Babylonian Zodiac. Something to think about.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Lol, anyone who knows me very well will tell you I am the opposite of Catholic, I'm a Christian, not a Catholic by any stretch.

If you read The Book of Enoch (wich was originally in the Bible til the Catholics took it out), you'll see that when our ol' buddy Enoch goes to Heaven to learn some stuff, he see's The Son of man, The Ancient of Days and The Lord of Spiritsl, these are the old names of the Trinity. They're all God, but they come in diferent forms (I guess that's a better way of explaining it). Yeshua is God in Human form, yet He was and is God (God calls Jesus God in the book of John I believe), He has the power to be worshipped. The Holy Spirit is God in the form of Guidence fo those who except Yeshua as God atoning for our sins. And lastly I'm pretty sure we all know who God the Father is. Some of the things, the aspects of God are a little confusing, but God is enternal, we are carnal, there are some thing about Him we just won't understand til we are translated into new beings when we get to Heaven.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

This is known as the 'Pagan Copycat Hypothesis' and has been proven to be pretty much nothing but a lie. It has been debunked beyond all doubt in the terms they use to create the correlations.

See these following links:

www.bringyou.to...
www.tektonics.org...
www.thedevineevidence.com...

A man by the name of Kersey Graves started the craze in the 19th century. Even though it has been thoroughly refuted, it's a hard lie to quench because pseudo-scholars repeat the same incorrect information over and over again.

Because it has been proven false, it is amazing how it keeps getting passed around and at this point the only term that can be applied is 'deceptive.'

Not referring to you, EB, but the 'scholars' who keep propagating this lie. It's even one of the issues I mentioned in the thread about atheists rewriting history. Not only are they using lies to accuse Jesus of being a myth, they are making blatantly false claims about other figures of ancient cultures.

hello There

I think Christians are BEING duped by the world/satan and have been for sometime, but not in the way every is saying

david

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill

...as a consequence Stan tries to fool others by setting a false systems...

Sorry, that made me laugh, you forgot an "a" outta "Satan" and it spells "Stan", lol.
You'll pay for this Stan... STANNN!!!!
Lol

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Lol

Amen to that my friend

david

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Lol

Stan is probably the ancient pagan Messiah of outer mongolia from the 3 rd century BC

He was born of Laurel after the full moon caught fire

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Lol, anyone who knows me very well will tell you I am the opposite of Catholic, I'm a Christian, not a Catholic by any stretch.

If you read The Book of Enoch (wich was originally in the Bible til the Catholics took it out), you'll see that when our ol' buddy Enoch goes to Heaven to learn some stuff, he see's The Son of man, The Ancient of Days and The Lord of Spiritsl, these are the old names of the Trinity.

First off. Enoch has never been a part of the Tannakh (OT), neither has it ever been in a NT. It is a separate book that was venerated by Jesus among others. It belongs to the Enochian tradition and came about in the second temple period, between the fourth/third century BC and the first century AD. On the other hand it supposedly relies on much older traditions.

The three deities or lords you mention are three different people in Enoch with three different agendas. The Son of Man is the constellation Ursa Major on the Night sky, and it has existed since God created Heaven, since the beginning in other words. Jesus was the Son of Man in flesh. He came from heaven down to earth and returned to heaven afterwards The Spirit hovered above the waters while God was creating. They are highly separate entities and cannot be put in one basket being one. That is just playing with words.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Ashley D, I wish you were single and between the ages of 20-25 (you seem to be a very wise and mature person, which is why I think you are older than myself), cause I would marry you in a heartbeat. It's hard to find a woman who believes what I and a few of my friends on here believe. Any guy who has you as a wife is far lukier than he thinks.

You accuse me of mindless dribble and same old same old? Well newbie, at least I'm not using this forum to try and get a date.

I wish people would quit quoating the extremely biased Zietgiest and do there own research into this stuff, seriously, it's getting a little old, hearing someone quoat that piece of crap and then the next person disproving it is getting a little too common. Come on Jesus/God haters, can't you do better than that? Quit boring us with this mindless dribble

YOU are the one that called some of us Jesus/God haters. You brought on my response newbie. I don't hate Jesus....just don't believe him to be the Messiah. Is that okay newbie? Or, in your world, does disbelief = hate?

And that was funny that whole Stan vs. Satan thing. Just like your use of the words "quoating" and "quoat." You have added so much to this thread. Much more than the usual same old same old. You are an example for us all.

And your explanation of the Trinity does nothing for me. You can explain it all day and in twenty different ways and to me, it still means 3 gods and Paganism. Just because you explain what you believe or what a whole religion believes, doesn't mean I am going to believe it.

Pagans are cool. I have many Native American Pagan friends. They are quite cool.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Hello, my name is Excitable_Boy, I like to just make the old argument, over, and over, and over agian, even though I've already had this question explained to me in previous threads, but I'll just keep doing it because I'm a drone. Plus I'll switch suibjects when I get proven wrong so I can make believe it never happened.

Seriously, I'm not trying to sound mean

I'm a drone? I switch subjects when I get proven wrong? When have I EVER been PROVEN wrong about anything? I have my beliefs and others have theirs. Prove me wrong newbie. Give it a shot. The only way you will prove me wrong is to have God come over to my house and explain to me what's what, otherwise, you don't have the power to prove me or anyone wrong about anything.

And you don't sound mean, you sound like your 10 years old!

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Oh well thankyou... Uh Wha? Nice fake compliment.
Lol, The "Stan" thing was me pointing out something that I thought was funny, not anything meant as a litteral point (but I think you knew that, your just trying to discredit me, won't work). I'm not trying to get a date, I'm showing my admiration for the attributes of another ATSer. I'm not one to disrupt the sactity of marrige (I know I must be spelling a lot of things wrong, but bare with me). I'm from Texas, and Texans talk that way, we compliment people sometimes.

Let's see how many times you can say "newbie" in your next post, it seems you are proud of the fact that you joined in '05, but that doesn't mean much. I have over a thousand ATS points, so do you, big deal, I'd be ok if I didn't have any, but you've gained in about 3 years a little more than I have in less than a year. Big deal, who cares. I may be a little new on the forum, but I'm an old giezer when it comes to the subject.

The personal attacks are a little pointless I might add, doesn't do much to discredit me really.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Please don't bully or harass the newbie just because he's new. Let's make this a healthy debate without any namecalling. You will only lose on it yourself. People don't like bullys.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There seem to be too many folks taking pot shots at one another. Do I need to join into the ambush mode here?

Please remain on topic and leave out the mean posts and the bullying addresses.

And the dating needs.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I never said I proved you wrong, Ashley D did, she gave evidence that what you were saying is wrong, so there ya go.

-Jimmy the Newbie

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join