It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

plans to run your car on water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything more about this???

xmb.stuffucanuse.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 03:43 PM
link   
yes i did a project on it the water goes through a thing that splits the oxygen and hydrogen atoms and the charge from the hydrogen is used to power the car the atoms then meet back to form H20 in the form of a gas(water vapor)

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 04:02 PM
link   
WOW!!! I knew it was possible...just never saw any plans on how to do it... This is freaking cool!!!

Now I need to find out how much it will cost to build this engine!

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I havn't bothered to look at these plans, but in theory and I believe it has been done, you can modify an existing engine to run on the Hydrogen in the water.
Basically it's not much different than the mod to make an engine run on gas, as that's what you are doing. However the engine needs to be lined in ceramic or basically not susceptable to corrosion from water (I'm no mechanic btw so that statement may be flawerd somehow).
The water molecules are split up into Hydrogen and Oxygen using electrolysis and then the hydrogen gas is used to power the engine. However as some of the hydrogen molecules recombine with oxygen in the air it does generate some water as a by-product - hence the need to ensure that no parts of the engine will corrode.

I believe it works and has been done, maybe these plans are the same but I know that there are some out there, if not, that detail how to modify a standard engine for this task.

Something I heard, though I'm not sure if it's true, is that one or some of the major oil companies have the patent on the design... for obvious reasons. This may be wrong but if someone can be bothered to find out it would be interesting.

[edit on 2-10-2005 by AgentSmith]

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Its called Fuel cell technology and its actually been used on some buses and cars. The link is pdf by the way.

I hope it pans out and we see allot more vehicles running on it.

Wupy

top topics

join