It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality manipulation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Well as I said in a previous post, I tried to manipulate reality in a way that would allow me to get an A on my midterm. Last night I visualized getting an a on my midterm. I played the whole scenario in my head and everything. Well I didnt get an A, I got a B-. I guess I still need to practice. Either that or I need to study more

now back on topic...

I have learned quite a bit about reality manipulation the past few days and cant wait to learn more.

I cant wait to see what is added to this thread...

i think what i and others, such as vanitas, would agree on is that you cannot think of this as what is to be gained for one's own utmost desires. you wanted an A, so you believed in getting an A, regardless of what you put into it. you say do did not get an A, so either this did not work for you or you did not study enough. i believe it may be the latter. i'm not saying you are not intelligent, heck man, you could be the next einstein for all i know.

i think if this theory is to be in practice, one needs selfless ambitions from the get go. what does a high mark from an academic professor mean in the long run? well, pretty much, it means you either memorized or faked knowing the material. it does not mean enlightenment and it doesn't mean intellectual superiority. it means that by the professor's requirements, you rock. the grade is based on human perspective on a certain subject.

maybe you should seek something less arbitrary. for me, i picked getting a job, to provide for my wife and myself. it's necessary for my literal survival, to afford food and shelter. i've put my whole being into getting a job, and because of the economy and maybe by my own mental negative blockage, i've only now received an opportunity after, dang, four months.

take it from me, who's been through high school and an undergraduate degree, grades should never define you. i'd love to hear that you sought peace and love before such grades. do not take this ill, because i am definitely listening and enjoying your responses.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Last night I visualized getting an a on my midterm. I played the whole scenario in my head and everything. Well I didnt get an A, I got a B-. I guess I still need to practice. Either that or I need to study more

My guess is, "last night" simply wasn't enough. ; )
(Not that it matters very much. I've read Banyan's reply, and I think he's right.)

It's not about time itself, mind you: it's about intensity, the vividness, the REALITY of your visualisation.

A person who has a strongly developed creative imagination (which is not the same as "fantasy") AND knows without a doubt that whatever he/she is visualising IS real - every bit as real as the chair you're sitting on - will need very little "time". Ideally, he/she should be able to manifest instantaneously. (We know from history that such things did and do exist.)

You said it yourself: you only came to this "approach" to life a few days ago, so, naturally, are not yet well-versed in it.
Furthermore, if I may speculate,I think it's quite probable that you were trying this technique - which, by implication, and the human psyche being what it is, means that you were observing the whole situation to "see if it works". You were testing it, not really using it.

That approach, of course, automatically means that you were not LIVING the situation. You did not acknowledge the 100 % reality of the "vision".

Doubts can be very slight, almost shadows of themselves - and yet, a shadow of a doubt is often all it takes to prevent the full materialisation of a vision. That's why (among other things) keeping track of every thought and emotion is so important; and that is why introspection is so important.

P.S. Please, note that I am not "berating" you. :-)

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by banyan

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Well as I said in a previous post, I tried to manipulate reality in a way that would allow me to get an A on my midterm. Last night I visualized getting an a on my midterm. I played the whole scenario in my head and everything. Well I didnt get an A, I got a B-. I guess I still need to practice. Either that or I need to study more

now back on topic...

I have learned quite a bit about reality manipulation the past few days and cant wait to learn more.

I cant wait to see what is added to this thread...

i think what i and others, such as vanitas, would agree on is that you cannot think of this as what is to be gained for one's own utmost desires. you wanted an A, so you believed in getting an A, regardless of what you put into it. you say do did not get an A, so either this did not work for you or you did not study enough. i believe it may be the latter. i'm not saying you are not intelligent, heck man, you could be the next einstein for all i know.

i think if this theory is to be in practice, one needs selfless ambitions from the get go. what does a high mark from an academic professor mean in the long run? well, pretty much, it means you either memorized or faked knowing the material. it does not mean enlightenment and it doesn't mean intellectual superiority. it means that by the professor's requirements, you rock. the grade is based on human perspective on a certain subject.

maybe you should seek something less arbitrary. for me, i picked getting a job, to provide for my wife and myself. it's necessary for my literal survival, to afford food and shelter. i've put my whole being into getting a job, and because of the economy and maybe by my own mental negative blockage, i've only now received an opportunity after, dang, four months.

take it from me, who's been through high school and an undergraduate degree, grades should never define you. i'd love to hear that you sought peace and love before such grades. do not take this ill, because i am definitely listening and enjoying your responses.

Dont worry, I am not taking it in a negative way.I can see why you feel that getting an A is arbitrary however to me it is not. In my mind , the better the grades, The better the recomendation I get when I start searching for a job to start my career. The better the recomendation, the better job I can get. Better job, better pay. with better pay, I can support a family better.

That was my thinking behind it.Does that make since?

I guess I was focusing on the longterm reasons why I should get an A. You are right though. I didnt study as hard as I could. I definatly could have gotten an A+ if I had studied more.

By they way, I am far from being the next Einstein.
but I am reasonably inteligent.

Anyway... Im surprised that more "beginners" havent jumped in with questions about reality manipulation. Isnt there some one else out there with something to ask? If so dont be afraid to jump in and ask...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
I think I can simplify the understanding for you.
During the first gulf war, I spent two and a half years in a status called isolated arduous, on a ship. There were about 60 people on that ship.

Being isolated with a very small group of people, made a few things very clear to me. There were times when the reality shifted based on the belief of the people around me. Litterally if people believed in my ability computers which would not power on previously, would start when I touched them.

If people doubted my understanding of a simple DOS command, the command would not work with the same syntax again.

Reality is based upon a consensus of opinion, there is apparently some relationship to the proximity of those contributing. Convince enough people, and you can alter the gray areas fairly easily. Try to change something which everyone knows, and you will fail.

I knew a fellow who had a history with a particular printer, he would step within 10 feet of it and it would power off. One step back and it would power on. He demonstrated this many times. I believe he probably programmed himself and the printer by repeating "Every time I get within ten feet of that stupid printer it breaks!" every time he saw it.

A very keen observation. I recently did some advanced testing on computer chips. The first was a series of tests done by myself and a test subject who did not know the goals of the testing only that it was something to do with the mind controlling reality of the workings of an electronic component that the individual knew was in a taped shut cardboard box but had no specific information on the type of device or its function. The subject was a mid level LOA enthusiast. The first was to change the output of the device through generalized work. I was able to but he was not, and it was clearly due to being the designer of the test. The second the device was shown. An electronic thermometer. Specific drawings of the gates in the chip were shown as well as information on how the data (electrical pulses) was being handled. On the second test rather than a 3 degree increase, the room temp of 72 degrees F was changed inside the device to show 104 degrees F.

Is this repeatable? 50/50. I assessed that being the test designer I had taken us bot into an all white room and painted the complete picture of that reality and it was accepted fully without question. Can we find similar subjects to perform the same test under the exact same conditions? No. Its doubtful that the same conditions could be reconstructed exactly. We could however start from scratch with like intentions and new subjects and still gain positive results, if it was fully managed in the same manner.

I'm going to cut this off right here. I can not be the standard. I have the ability to walk into a room and with very few words, as a bit player in the drama invoke peace or fear into most individuals in attendance. The ability to sway the thinking on the short term, affects the long term. If what is in you is pure you would never consider altering outcomes like these. Do what is right always and you will stay in the good graces of your God. If you have no God you will still be right with your conscience, and yourself. Simple scientific tests are much different than toying with things that should not be played with by the uneducated and untrained. Caution is key, and discretion is the better part of valor.

Here is a tip: Most things do not need YOUR involvement to work out as they should. If you bought a revolver and took it to the firing range in a controlled environment and used it in a safe and proper manner, is much different than shooting it in your backyard in a residential neighborhood. This work is exactly the same thing, its a loaded gun. Keep it pointed in a safe direction always. Always assume its loaded. Never point it at anything you don't intend to be a target. Never load it until you get to the range.

I'm telling this from experience. You can create just as much Heartbreak as Joy. Get right in your head and your heart before even considering it.

These sorts of group dynamics are very powerful, and more so with imposed isolation.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Neuro-linguistic programming? It sounds difficult and slightly scary. Can you explain what this is and what it means?

I saw this today, and I remembered this thread:

Create a Time Line

(Just in case anyone is still wondering...
)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 22-1-2017 by ScarletMage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
so basically tulpas?
this may or may not be revelant:pepethefrogfaith.wordpress.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join