It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality manipulation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Neuro-linguistic programming? It sounds difficult and slightly scary. Can you explain what this is and what it means?

You know what they say: no guts, no glory.

No, there's no reason to consider it "scary".

Somebody may have answered this already - sorry, I still cannot find the time right now to read through the entire thread, regardless of how interesting it has grown to be - but just in case here are two elemental links:

NLP

and

How does NLP work?

I think you may find them interesting.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I just wanted to share with you a little "exercise" that I personally consider one of the greatest tools for "reality building".
Still, I would like to emphasise that, deceptively simple as it looks, it may not work for everyone . A strong visual imagination seems to be essential to it.
(But then a strong visual imagination is a very powerful asset in any case, so you may want to dedicate some serious time every day to build and fortify it.)

Think what is that you want: ideally, imagine a situation that would encompass all of the elements you would like to have in your life.

Then - here's the first catch - think about it, go over it and feel it as if it were a memory.

And then - here's the second catch - project that "memory" into the future.

I wish I could tell you - in words - how the "projection" is done (it's done in the region of the heart, not in the "head"), but it's too subtle and at the same time too simple to bear the encumbrance of words. I think you will definitely know when you're doing it right.

All of the above naturally presupposes an unshakable belief, a knowledge beyond doubt, that reality "building" (by subtle means of the creative imagination) is possible.

Oh, and don't talk about it to others, especially not to those who "know" you, you name, your identity. (There's nothing sinister about it, but it would take a long time to explain.)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
When the law of attraction/reality manipulation is described, it can sometimes sound like all you have to do is simply visualize what you want and it will appear in front of you like magic. Isnt there more that has to be done?

For example, If I want pot roast for dinner, I cant just picture it in my head and it will appear on my table like magic, can I? Arent there some physical steps one is required to take in order to make that pot roast appear on the table , such as, going to the store, buying all the ingredients, cooking etc...

Or can you really just do nothing but visualize it and it happens?

(I feel it is necessary to ask this question in order to prevent confusion among people who don't know how this kind of stuff actually works)

[edit on 2-4-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I have not read "The Secret" (nor have I any intention of doing so, but that's beside the point). However, the "secret" - which is no secret - is the same in all techniques.

The image in the head is just the basic preliminary step.
The next step is to FEEL it as reality, with every fibre and cell of your body.

But in my opinion there is no getting around the "transfer of consciousness" (onto the object or being observed) that I mentioned in one of my first posts in this thread: BECOMING the observed, perceiving the world from ITS perspective.

Anyway, there is a wonderful thread right here on ATS (I am sure somebody must have mentioned it):

How the Law of Attraction works

There's enough "material" there to beat any course, online or off.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zul007
I have never heard of "reality maniuplation" but it sounds the same

It's just a purely descriptive expression that I used in another tread.
(And the less "labels" there are, the better! :-)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This book, already mentioned in the "Law of Attraction" thread, may prove useful to many. (I totally detest its title, but don't let yourself be put off by it. It works for other things, too, not just money.)

And here is a companion that many seem to like:

Everyday 12-point Lifesaver

Still, there is no book, cassette or CD that will do the "work" itself for you...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Im curious to hear from people who have applied "reality manipulation" to a specific aspect of their life. Im wanting to know basically what you wanted to have happen or occur. Were you successful at making it happen or occur? How long did it take for it to happen?If at all, how has it changed/effected your life?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

A long time ago, I wanted to move really badly. I had looked at a house that I liked among many.

I took pictures of it, and put them up on my refrigerator so that I would see them whenever I had to retrieve something.

I also dreamed of the house, what it would be like to live there, how each room would be arranged.

I ended up getting that house.

I would say it took about 4 months of actively thinking about it a lot to see living there come to fruition.

What was odd was that I was not the highest bidder on the home. Somebody else bid higher than I did, but could not secure their loan.

I guess you could say I did some sort of reality manipulation, but this was years ago, so I did not know I was doing it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

i applied some of this thinking yesterday after reading more of this thread and skyfloating's one on the law of attraction.

i did what was suggested of me. i emptied my thoughts of everything but what i wanted, and i lived that moment in my head as if it was currently happening. then, i just let it go.

my thoughts were on getting a specific job that i had just applied for on monday. i went through it in my head, visualizing myself already working there and what i'd be doing. i visualized receiving the anticipated phone call from the person who'd give me the job. i ran through the phone conversation in my head, acting as both myself and the other person. i did this in the afternoon yesterday [tuesday].

i woke up this morning [wednesday] and headed straight for the cell. i had one missed call and one voicemail. it was them saying that i had the job.

i've been trying to get a new job for 4 months, and i've had numerous interviews that always ended up with me waiting by a dreaded phone of silence. i've qualified for all the jobs i had applied for, just something had never worked out. that is until today.

my rational side is telling me that i was going to get the job regardless of any attempted reality manipulation, that it was just coincidence. the intrigued and more open side of me is wanting to try more with this technique to calm any lingering doubts.

what do you think of this situation? if valid, it reaped results in about 17 hours. this was also my first willed attempt at this. either i am naturally awesome with controlling my mind and my reality, or i was going to get the job anyway because i qualified for it and had a great interview.

thoughts?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by banyan

i applied some of this thinking yesterday after reading more of this thread and skyfloating's one on the law of attraction.

i did what was suggested of me. i emptied my thoughts of everything but what i wanted, and i lived that moment in my head as if it was currently happening. then, i just let it go.

my thoughts were on getting a specific job that i had just applied for on monday. i went through it in my head, visualizing myself already working there and what i'd be doing. i visualized receiving the anticipated phone call from the person who'd give me the job. i ran through the phone conversation in my head, acting as both myself and the other person. i did this in the afternoon yesterday [tuesday].

i woke up this morning [wednesday] and headed straight for the cell. i had one missed call and one voicemail. it was them saying that i had the job.

i've been trying to get a new job for 4 months, and i've had numerous interviews that always ended up with me waiting by a dreaded phone of silence. i've qualified for all the jobs i had applied for, just something had never worked out. that is until today.

my rational side is telling me that i was going to get the job regardless of any attempted reality manipulation, that it was just coincidence. the intrigued and more open side of me is wanting to try more with this technique to calm any lingering doubts.

what do you think of this situation? if valid, it reaped results in about 17 hours. this was also my first willed attempt at this. either i am naturally awesome with controlling my mind and my reality, or i was going to get the job anyway because i qualified for it and had a great interview.

thoughts?

It sounds valid to me. I am going to try this too. I took my midterm last Thursday for my class "survey of the music business". Im going to visualize myself receiving a A on it. Im going to visualize my professor handing me my test back and there is a big red A on the top.

I have class today (Thursday) at 7:00 pm central time. I should get my results back then. I will post my grade at around 10:00 pm central time.

Thinking back there is a time when I may have manipulated reality ( unintentionally no doubt)...

In high school I was somewhat of a trouble maker. I used to skip school, get in fights, I even vandalized the place a couple of times. My senior year though I decided I was really going to straighten up and fly right.I was doing good untill about half way through the school year.

In P.E we went outside to play Baseball. I was the short stop. One of the kids hit the ball right past me and I wasnt paying attention. I yelled oh, Shi#!. The P.E teacher just turned and stared at me. I stupidly said to him " What are you, a f*g or something? quite fuc*ing staring at me".After class he pulled me aside and told me to expect to get called down to the office sometime during the next class period.

I really wanted to stay out of trouble. At that point I didnt want anything else in the whole world. I focused on it. I visualized that somehow my PE teacher forgot to inform the principal of what happened. I visualized that mabye my teacher had a change of heart. I visualized it while at school for the rest of the week ( 3 days). I never did get in trouble for it. hmmmm...

I never asked my teacher about it either because he might have just forgot and quite frankly I didnt want to remind him

[edit on 3-4-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I really wanted to stay out of trouble. At that point I didnt want anything else in the whole world. I focused on it. I visualized that somehow my PE teacher forgot to inform the principal of what happened. I visualized that mabye my teacher had a change of heart. I visualized it while at school for the rest of the week ( 3 days). I never did get in trouble for it. hmmmm...

I never asked my teacher about it either because he might have just forgot and quite frankly I didnt want to remind him

[edit on 3-4-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

this is a case of self-preservation, and i think this is a natural reflex no one even thinks about until in retrospect. your mind knew it could manipulate reality and did, before you even knew of it.

so in a lot of ways, the instinctual manipulation of this world is a very personal and individual defense mechanism. so to learn and willfully use it should be nigh in our grasp. we already know it.

a lot of people still believe in destiny or fate, and if one does not have any control over the mind's instincts to form our reality, this could very well be true. many people seem to be taking control of their reality, though, so it's obvious to conclude they are controlling their fate or destiny [which nullifies these concepts into nil].

if one believes in fate and starts controlling their own, where does one go from there? do we steer our life towards spirituality and ultimate enlightenment? do we abort all notions of evil, despair, hate, and depression, ignoring other's reality that so desperately tries interfere with ours? do we have obligations to shift the reality of evil and make it good?

if this theory of reality manipulation is true, it pretty much answers the crazy question of life, "why are we here and for what purpose?" we make our own purpose out of life, and we do not need exterior reasons, for we are shifters of reality. we create morality, and we create the gods and goddesses. we create the deities to create us, to grant us purpose, destiny, and meaning. we are equal to any being, supreme and minute. we are anything. we are nothing.

it's an interesting and ultimate viewpoint, but it makes me wonder if the people who actively manipulate their reality would agree with these more 'out-there' logical conclusions.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Im wanting to know basically what you wanted to have happen or occur. Were you successful at making it happen or occur? How long did it take for it to happen?If at all, how has it changed/effected your life?

Oh yes - that's the entire point of it, isn't it? :-)

I wish I could give you detailed descriptions, but I can't.
(And I KNOW without a doubt that, even if you don't now, some day you will understand why.)

When you envisage a comprehensive life situation that you want to live physically, you have to first create it in your mind and then immediately start immersing yourself in it: "living" it, as it were.

How long does it take?
In my experience, it depends on the intensity of your immersion.

A particularly unpleasant situation (I didn't want it, so I feared it - I feared it so much that I actually ended up totally immersed in it) took about two years to hit. And then it hit overnight: at a time when I wasn't thinking about it because I had forgotten about it.

It may be a "coincidence" (or not), but a thing that I once thought I wanted very much - and so I immersed myself completely in the "experience" of enjoying it - also came to fruition about two years later. But, here's the catch, not two years after my "immersion" started, but two years after I had given it up because I wasn't interested anymore...

I remember reading about a British lottery winner; it's a story that might be interesting to you. Apparently, he wished "upon a star" that he would come into some BIG money. It was a joke, he said: he was coming from a football game, and he saw the first star in the sky, and so he "followed the tradition" and made his wish - and then, because it was a "joke" to him, he forgot all about it.
Two days later, he found 5 or 10 pounds; later that week, he found 20 pounds; and a few days later, he won the 7 million pounds jackpot.

That's the "law": desire it, immerse yourself in it, but after you are done "immersing" don't dwell on it too much (because such "dwelling" always generates doubt - which amounts to blowing up the entire edifice you had put together, time and time again).

Have you ever really liked and fancied somebody... only to find out that much later, when you weren't interested anymore, that same person, who earlier wouldn't give you the time of the day, started chasing you...? :-)

Yes, even children are familiar with the "law"...

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I just wanted to let you know that I've posted a thread about "creative imagination".

It's an interview; and I think many here might find it interesting.

The Rapture of Being

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

That's fantastic!
Bravo!

There's all the proof you need.

I am really glad for you!

Have you posted this result on the thread, so that Skyfloating and others can read it?

P.S. I hope you don't, but just in case I would like to warn everyone one more time: doubt is useless. All it does is undermine any attempt of yours at getting to the Truth; of having a life custom-made for you, for your talents and aspirations. Don't waste your life on it.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I don't get you, guys: judging by your experiences, you already ARE master "reality manipulators"...

Do you still doubt?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

This doesnt work with the lotto. It doesnt work with many things that are material based.

Actually, it does.

I know of a few cases myself.
(It would be of no use naming names. They are people, somewhere on this Earth.)

But I am certain that disbelieving that it could work for material things, too, would weaken the intent itself.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Do you still doubt?

yes and no. i do not doubt the power of the mind. what seems to be tripping me up is my logical counter-side. i believe in the mind's ability to control my reality. i've read enough and experienced enough to know this. but i also believe there are natural reasons for specific causations [ie, getting a job because you have the right degree and qualifications].

i think i'm not letting go of my logical side, because if i did that, i would then have to be in control of my reality at all times and be conscious of that fact. it's with that insight that could bring about my doom [ie emotional instability, natural self-serving tendencies, etc etc].

though, if i'm convinced i am making my own reality, it's not logical to hold to my logical side, because i am in control of it whether i admit it or not.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

i think i'm not letting go of my logical side, because if i did that, i would then have to be in control of my reality at all times and be conscious of that fact. it's with that insight that could bring about my doom [ie emotional instability, natural self-serving tendencies, etc etc].

I think I know exactly what you mean.
(And I used to envy Thomas the doubter - because he was so easily convinced... Need I say more? :-))

And, "illogical" as it may sound, I do speak from experience when I say: that's why it's so important to fill one's heart with light and unfaltering joy.

The heart is usually associated with "sentiment", but I trust you know better.
(And if not, if it's unclear, we can discuss it some other time, although there are more appropriate people to discuss it with here. :-)

A heart impregnated with light and joy is the best compass one could possible want. Through it, you are safe always.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
A heart impregnated with light and joy is the best compass one could possible want. Through it, you are safe always.

yeah, i definitely agree that one must know thyself inwards and outwards, centering, focusing, and rooting their existence in goodness and infinite possibilities. would this be worthy as such to call my light?

do i dare ask from what i won't be safe from without it?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well as I said in a previous post, I tried to manipulate reality in a way that would allow me to get an A on my midterm. Last night I visualized getting an a on my midterm. I played the whole scenario in my head and everything. Well I didnt get an A, I got a B-. I guess I still need to practice. Either that or I need to study more

now back on topic...

I have learned quite a bit about reality manipulation the past few days and cant wait to learn more.

I cant wait to see what is added to this thread...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join