It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality manipulation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
First,Thanks to Vanitas for giving me the idea to start this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive been reading a thread started by Vanitas about reality manipulation yesterday. I never heard of reality manipulation, but it sounds simply intriguing.

Anyway, I am starting this thread because I want to know all about reality manipulation. How it works, why it works, what it is. Im sure there are many others who are curious as well.

I inivite any and all members of ATS who know anything at all about reality manipulation to post here.

post links about it, talk about it, share what you know about it.

As a person who doesnt know about reality manipulation, I look forward to learning

[edit on 31-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Surely there are some people on ATS who know about reality manipulation.

ill get things going with a link.

This link was suggested to me by Vanitas

www.realityshifters.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i am also very interested in this topic and would love to hear and read more about it. i'm afraid i cannot offer too much insight for i have only had one experience with what the linked website refers to as reality shifting. i wrote about it here some time ago on ATS...

Question on possible materialization

i assume to willfully manipulate reality one would have to be in meditation or a higher state of consciousness that other feats of mental grandeur demand, but are there any special techniques [ie versatile visualizations] that help bridge the mental/physical barrier?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by banyan

The first (and possibly foremost), the essential prerequisite - besides absolute belief that it CAN be done in the first place (there is no room for doubt in "manipulation" of any kind ; ) - is rigorous INTROSPECTION.
Mindfulness perfected to the point where you keep no secrets from yourself.
Observe your mind; pinpoint those fractions of a moment between each thought.

(When you perfect that, you'll have thereby created another very important problem to deal with, but that's a different story at this point. You'll have to cross that bridge when you get there.)

Anyway, that's essential, in my opinion.
I think anyone would confirm that.

I hope I don't sound pontificating or anything.
(When I am rushed, I often do...
)

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

[
i assume to willfully manipulate reality one would have to be in meditation or a higher state of consciousness that other feats of mental grandeur demand, but are there any special techniques [ie versatile visualizations] that help bridge the mental/physical barrier?

The best visualisation technique is to start visualising... now.
(I am not being flippant, believe it or not.
)

It doesn't matter what is it that you visualise - the simpler the object the better; what you have to do is to not only see it in every detail, but to smell it, feel it, hear it... You get the idea.

But sooner or later, I think, you'll have to tackle a much more steep climb, as we all do: "empathising" and then "merging" with the object of choice until you become one with it. Until you start perceiving the world from ITS perspective.

It can be done.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
"Reality manipulation" is just so common that we don't really even think of it. Hey, my ethereal mind, a ghost of electrical and chemical impulses, just created this message out of essentially nothing, typed it into a keyboard via some process that is a complete mystery, and now it exists in computers worldwide to be seen and read and thereby influence the electrical and chemical activity in other minds. Some now, some in what from my perspective is a relatively distant future.

Pretty common stuff.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I had a look at the link you supplied, and while reading it, I realized that it seems an awful lot like, "The Secret."

I don't know if you are familiar with it, but it sounds almost the same. Also this seems sort of along the lines of "The Law of Attraction."

Correct me if I missed something that makes "Reality Manipulation" different, but aren't all these things about the same?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Of course they are essentially the same.
As I said on a previous occasion, anyone interested in this should take a close look - and a lot of notes
- at some of the "Law of Attraction" threads here.
(BTW, I don't like the expression "law of attraction", and find this one just as valid and possibly much less deceptive. :-))

But I think it's probably a good idea to have a separate thread for "beginners" (which is not a good expression - not at all - but that's how people usually call themselves).

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Sorry for the short post but I was thinking the exact same thing. My wife is currently reading the book and "reality manipulation" seems to be bordering on "the secret" and the whole idea behind the law of attraction.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I see quite a few threads on the recently popularized "law of attraction", "manifesting your wishes" and the movie "the secret" pop up on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Interesting how this sounds very simular to the "law of attraction" subject.
Visualize what you want to see in your life seems one of the main themes.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

But I think it's probably a good idea to have a separate thread for "beginners" (which is not a good expression - not at all - but that's how people usually call themselves).

Actually I think a beginners thread is a great idea. I guess nobody is to old to learn something new, or in my case anyway.

I have an interest to learn more about all of this. I must be doing something wrong I think, based on the way my life has turned out.

Now see what I just typed above? Sort of negative, right? I need to get a different mind set!

Do I understand this at least, basically?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Actually I think a beginners thread is a great idea. I guess nobody is to old to learn something new, or in my case anyway.

I have an interest to learn more about all of this. I must be doing something wrong I think, based on the way my life has turned out.

Now see what I just typed above? Sort of negative, right? I need to get a different mind set!

Do I understand this at least, basically?

You know, I think "negative thinking" has been maligned much too much for too long...

Seriously though, of course, thinking of ANY kind is the antechamber of visualisation, and if sustained for long enough the ideas thought really come to fruition. (I learned that both ways: the nice and the hard one.
)

But that momentary weakness can be offset by being aware of it and realising that there is NO BASE whatsoever for pessimism of any kind. I cannot stress enough how important this is (especially not now, seeing that I am being practically swept out - with a broom and all - from this place where I am right now... :-)

Nothing is lost - EVER.
Remember that.
(And remember to spread the message around! ; ))

And we ALL learn all the time (or should be). The "secret" of all secrets is that the path to "Heaven" is not only highly personalised - it's already in you. It's yours, and you alone can find the way, the RIGHT way for you.

(That's why introspection is so vitally important. That's why there was that inscription above the gates of Apollo's temple: KNOW YOURSELF. It's more than a simple truism. But there's plenty of literature about that around to help you. :-)

I wish I had more time right now, but I'll have to return some other time. Soon, I hope.

P.S. I too think that a "beginners" (never forget the quotation marks ;-) thread is a great idea. Thanks, OP! :-)

P.P.S. "Too old"...?! For learning?
There is no such thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Just a quick - but important - note to the original poster and anyone else who might be thinking about this: unless you're ging after something really HUGE, please, do consider neuro-linguistic programming first. It's much easier, much less risky - and it works. (Well, depending on what your goals are... :-)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Just a quick - but important - note to the original poster and anyone else who might be thinking about this: unless you're ging after something really HUGE, please, do consider neuro-linguistic programming first. It's much easier, much less risky - and it works. (Well, depending on what your goals are... :-)

Neuro-linguistic programming? It sounds difficult and slightly scary. Can you explain what this is and what it means?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
A question to any one who might know...

As has been mentioned, Reality manipulation sounds an awful lot like the Law of attraction. Is reality manipulation just another way to say "law of attraction" or is there a difference? If there is a difference What is it?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's just a different name for the same thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well we can see half a dozen folks here know anything about what they are spewing on. Mastership is the goal. From there humanitarian constructs are the destination.

Reality manipulation comes in many forms. What changes the physical world we live in is the core. All else is the change of perception.

Do it right from the start with a path and end results.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I will tell you first hand.. IF you want it bad enough in this life you will get it! Yet this only counts with sertin things.
This doesnt work with the lotto. It doesnt work with many things that are material based. Tho with enough personal effort you can get many material things.. But this is found threw good old fashion hard work.

But then agin isnt everything in life put forth threw some type of hard work and massive effort.
Bottom line.. Becareful what you wish for.. You just might get it.
As cleshay as that saying is. I belive it has truth to it.

I was always one to put much effort into what I want, and how I get it.
Well I got these things. And if you dont keep up with the mental mind set of keeping these things, you will lose them within a few years.

If you get what you want.. Then you must put forth enough effort to keep what your mind created!
Its a werid and wild world.. There is much we dont understand..
But there is a key saying. We dont understand how it works, But we do understand why it works..

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think I can simplify the understanding for you.
During the first gulf war, I spent two and a half years in a status called isolated arduous, on a ship. There were about 60 people on that ship.

Being isolated with a very small group of people, made a few things very clear to me. There were times when the reality shifted based on the belief of the people around me. Litterally if people believed in my ability computers which would not power on previously, would start when I touched them.

If people doubted my understanding of a simple DOS command, the command would not work with the same syntax again.

Reality is based upon a consensus of opinion, there is apparently some relationship to the proximity of those contributing. Convince enough people, and you can alter the gray areas fairly easily. Try to change something which everyone knows, and you will fail.

I knew a fellow who had a history with a particular printer, he would step within 10 feet of it and it would power off. One step back and it would power on. He demonstrated this many times. I believe he probably programmed himself and the printer by repeating "Every time I get within ten feet of that stupid printer it breaks!" every time he saw it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have never heard of "reality maniuplation" but it sounds the same as "the secret", "law of attraction", "what the bleep do we know", "if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can move a mountain", "pagan spells", "psychic powers", etc.

Its the same thing that has been related throughout history. As to how to manipulate reality, there are several different paths to get to there. The easiest would be the path you most believe would work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join