It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man convicted after gun missfires.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

www.wnd.com

Man convicted of transferring a machine gun, after loning rifle to friend and gun missfires causing it to rapid fire!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
March 29th David Oofson was found guilty of trensferring a machine, after he lones gun to friend who took rifle to gun range and shoots several rounds through it when something causes gun to miss fire. Afterward two police officers approach the man ask him about gun. Somehow the ATF get involved and this man has the full force of our great government rain down hell on him!

www.wnd.com

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Those cops must not know what "bump fire" is...that's just sad. Any semi-auto rifle with enough kick can do this, such as a AK-47, or ar-15, ect. Not to mention that, in this case it was actually a defect of the gun. How is it the users fault? This is flipping sick!

Not only that, last week at the local gun club there were demonstrations on how to bump fire your rifle. And cops were there too! If the gun has no full auto mode selection, its legal.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Its BS not much to say on it other then that...

This should teach people a few things,

1.The Government is out to screw you over.
2.Don't loan a firearm to anyone.
3.shoot on private property not at public ranges.
4.If this happens to you, don't let them arrest you.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i would DEMAND that the rifle be dismantled by a gunsmith and proven to not have been tampered with.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I believe the cops knew better but weren't concerned with reality, the question I have is was this a Jury trial? it doesn't say in the article and I will lose evn more faith in my fellow americans (not that there's much left) if a jury did convict this man.
Maybe i should turn myself in, my rifle did this to me back in 1988 or perhaps some overzealous policeperson can track my IP and have the ATF raid me, I'm just sick of nobody in law-enforcement willing to stick up for justice and freedom.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I expect the conviction is right. Why does he want a semi-automatic rifle in the first place?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
I expect the conviction is right. Why does he want a semi-automatic rifle in the first place?

Semi-Automatic rifles are legal, I seriously hope your not suggesting this conviction is right because you don't agree with his right to keep and bear arms?

It doesn't matter why he wants a damn thing its his right to own it, What he owns quite frankly is no ones business unless hes hurting someone.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
WOOHOO Planeman! with that self righteous (or ignorant) point of view it's no wonder our priviledges are being taken away, Yes I said priviledges the only "rights" any one has is the ones they are strong enough to get and keep. I hope for your sake you will never see the day you or your family needed a self defense weapon, but for our sake I hope you do!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I have never seen a stock rifle going burst, nor heard about one.
But i've seen plenty of tuned competition rifles shoot doubles or bursts...

Most likely this jackass installed an aftermarket trigger unit and failed to adjust it correctly, thus he is fully responsible for this misfire incident.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I am by no means pro gun control....lol...In fact I am too the right of most gun nuts on this issue....HOWEVER this story came up as a topic of conversation with a couple of my friends who work for ATF. We are not getting the whole story here..Thanks to the MMM. The guy fessed up that he played around with the hammer catch on the thing with a dremmel tool...He "loaned" his buddy the gun because he was afraid to test fire it..lol......He had the damn tool and metal shavings laying on his kitchen table when ATF came by for Christs sake......ATF does not care about bump firing....they dont care if you get a 200 stamp and buy a machinegun...they DO care about people making machineguns as a hobby...the guy told the truth...that was his only mistake
He should have said he sold his buddy the gun and it sould have been his word against his friend....in which case the gun would get melted, and besides a angry buddy......the guy would be free.IMHO

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by planeman

So when the revolution comes we can hunt down the libs and raid their "peace" gardens, and communist farm collectives.
What they gonna do throw rocks.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by planeman

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to I hope you dont have a relituve with lets say an old 9mm. Because that is a semi auto weapon and it could missfire and possibly rapid fire, but that doesnt mattter does it . post by planeman

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Thanks to the MMM. The guy fessed up that he played around with the hammer catch on the thing with a dremmel tool...He "loaned" his buddy the gun because he was afraid to test fire it..lol......He had the damn tool and metal shavings laying on his kitchen table when ATF came by for Christs sake......ATF

Well TX, You're right, I didn't read this ,where did you? (link please) I read that the ATF tested the rifle and it came back "just a rifle" then the cops sent it back with instructions to use a soft primered ammunition variety and "viola!" instant machine gun. In my opinion dremeling a hammer sear combo, usually causes the hammer to follow on closed bolt weapons without firing the next round unless the primers are way sensitive. So yes it's possible he 'modified his rifle" But he was convicted of transfering an automatic weapon, did he sell it to his buddy? I didn't read that anywhere either. If he was convicted by a jury then shame on them either way. I can't believe that the metal shavings were on his table either how long do you think it would take to ship the rifle off to get tested? Or did the ATF raid his home immediately after he went to the police that confiscated the rifle? Again please give me a link to your source of extra info.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Oh I dunno, crazy stuff like self defence, hunting, competition shooting, pest control, or maybe even recreation.

English are we perhaps, hmmmm?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Most guns and rifles are "semi-automatic", so am not too sure why you keep bringing this term back. that means that every pull of the trigger, you fire one round. Why not just say...Why does he need a rifle?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by want2believe

www.wnd.com

Man convicted of transferring a machine gun, after loning rifle to friend and gun missfires causing it to rapid fire!

I would be more impressed with the professionalism of the "snippet" if the "news" was spelled correctly. If a person cannot get as basic a thing as the words spelled correctly how are we to give credence to the correctness of the report?

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Straight Razor]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I had a High Standard .22 do this to me at the range during a bullseye match. It was on the first round and emptied the clip in less than 2 seconds. Got a pretty good group out of it. It was also my fault . I didn't clean it completely and a piece of patch came off and lodged in the sear area and deflected the disconnect.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

To shoot liberals when they hand over the US to radical Muslims?

new topics

top topics

join