It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony BMG Sued for Software Piracy,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Sony BMG Sued for Software Piracy,

www.zeropaid.com

PointDev, a small software company, mandated a bailiff to raid one of Sony BMGs owned building in January this year. The raid revealed that four of the Sony BMGs owned servers contained the pirated software.

It appears as though the company discovered this when an IT department employee requested assistance for the use of a product called Ideal Migration. When technical support looked into the case, they discovered that the key used to activate the software was a pirated version.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
techdirt.com
yro.slashdot.org

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sony BMG is a joint venture between Bertelsmann Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment.

Sony has been long known as an anti-pirate, however it has not revealed information about pirating within some parts of the company itself.

Look at this: arstechnica.com...

"It's my personal belief that Sony BMG is half the size now as it was in 2000," she said, thanks to piracy. In Pariser's view, "when people steal, when they take music without compensation, we are harmed."

Apparently this Pariser is an anti-pirate lawyer in the company.

From now on, I don't think I can trust any of the larger companies out there on the pirating issue. Microsoft might even be hiding some secrets of its own.

www.zeropaid.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/31/2008 by die_another_day]

new topics

join