It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colombian Troops Kill Farmers, Pass Off Bodies as Rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Colombian Troops Kill Farmers, Pass Off Bodies as Rebels

www.washingtonpost.com

Colombia -- All Cruz Elena González saw when the soldiers came past her house was a corpse, wrapped in a tarp and strapped to a mule. A guerrilla killed in combat, soldiers muttered, as they trudged past her meek home in this town in northwestern Colombia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
U.S. Congress. Sen. Patrick J. Leahy said in an interview "...we find that civilians are just being taken out, executed and then dressed up in uniforms so they can claim body counts of guerrillas killed."

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
There must be some kind of head count incentive that Bush is paying for as an anti-terrorism funded campaign.

This is a new low for the Bush administration.

My orginal title of my post was US Funded Colombian Army Offensive Killing Civilians and Dressing Corpses as Rebels. I think most ATSers can read between the lines.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
How is this any different from Iraq?

U.S. tells the military to go take out 'insurgents'. 5 years later we have thousands of dead civillians, many of them shot on sight for looking suspicious.

When we ask the military 'where are all these dead civillians coming from?'

'Well, they're insurgents... obviously... look at them ... being all.... insurgenty.'

'This man didn't even have a gun. He was a street vendor with children...'

'Shouldn't have been scratching his head like that. We thought he was signalling an IED.'

This is how the War on Terrorism works. Looks to me like the Colombians are just taking it to a whole new level of failure.

new topics

top topics

join