It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reily

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I don't know if any of you have seen this video of a debate between Bill O'Reily and Phil Donahuge in the time period of 2005-05 by the sounds of their conversation on the situation in Iraq.

I just have to say that O'Reily is pure pure scum and was glad to see Phil completley clean the floor with him in the way he spoke, his analysis of the unfolding situation in Iraq and his belief in the American constitution.

Why is this man such a believer in his obviously flawed casue?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I honestly doubt O'Reilly believes a lot of the crap he spews. I think he enjoies pissing people off and also enjoies the $$$ he is paid by Faux Moos.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thought

I don't know he seems mighty passionate about his ignorance
I really wish he would not speak on T.V to an audience of millions who listen to him. But your country America is supposed to be a free country, so he cannot be stopped.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I remember watching that "debate" when it happened. Bill O'Reilly spins more than anyone on his "No Spin Zone" and the "pithy" comments are reserved for him alone. He can dish it out be he certainly can't take it!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This "debate" was completely different through my eyes. Debate deserves to be in quotes because Phil's actions would have gotten him removed from any real debate. He spent the entire segment talking over and interrupting his opponent.

As to the actual content, you obviously agree with most of what Phil had to say and strongly dislike O'Reilly judging from your statements. Hence, you determined that Phil "cleaned the floor" with him. To me, I thought most of Phil's statements were poorly thought out and based on BS. I agree with most of what O'Reilly said. One difference is that I actually didn't dislike Phil before seeing this. I used to occasionally watch his talk show with my mother when I was a teenager . I also remember when he had a late night show on one of the news channels and I enjoyed it. However, he's a kook now.

Not only do I not think Phil "cleaned the floor" as you put it. I think O'Reilly won the argument purely based on conduct. His little digression regarding his nephew was a waste of time, but Phil's attempt to personally attack O'Reilly regarding his willingness to send his family members into harm's way when he knew nothing of the sort was sleazy and did not belong in the argument. I've learned from personal experience that letting anger take over while in any argument is a quick route to making yourself look like an ass. Both men did that here, although Phil was the bigger ass.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Ha ok, yes i agree with what Phil was saying, and the part about sending your kids to war was important as he was one of the biggest cheerleaders and that includes the Senators who voted for it as well. Phil was aware of Bill's tactics of bullying guests he didn't agree with and refused to allow that to happen by being as tough back to Bill, it is the only option you have when trying to get your point across with this 'man'.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have to admit that I also found it amusing that Phil would choose to bring Sheehan into the argument. Again, maybe it's a symptom of where my feelings lie in these issues, but I fail to see how anybody can support what she has become. I'm one of the folks that honestly believes she blew a fuse and is no longer completely with it upstairs. I'm not putting her down for it either. I have kids and I imagine I might go a little goofy if I lost one too. What sucks is that many people on your side of the issue have decided to parade her around like a sideshow attraction to further their goals. I'm thankful that we haven't seen her in the news for awhile.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

I am not parading around anyone.....I am not up on the Cindy Sheenan issuse as am not from America, seems to be more of an American story about lost soldiers, i am personally more interested in the dead Iraqis, taking into account i am English as well. I imagine if you did lose a kid to this war you r feelings about it would change pretty damn quickly as it would be a wasted life, another one.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hold your horses there, cowboy. I didn't say you were. I said many on your side of the issue are parading her and I'll stand by that statement.

I guess I was just kind of shocked that he would even bring her up. That might be due to the age of the clip. Clinging on to her in any argument only weakens the position IMO.

Edit: Removed quote since your post is still right above mine.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by BlueTriangle]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeepGal
I remember watching that "debate" when it happened. Bill O'Reilly spins more than anyone on his "No Spin Zone" and the "pithy" comments are reserved for him alone. He can dish it out be he certainly can't take it!

I happen to disagree with your statement. I have been watching CNN for a long time. Even as a Dem I don’t think the coverage is as balanced as it should be. I used to hear a lot of bad things about O’Reilly over the years. I’ve watched him some in the past with no incident and left it undecided. I started to watch more recently over the years as comments have gotten worse, and I am surprised by the character assassinations my own side plays on O’Reilly, the Republicans and their own party with no apparent justification. He isn’t perfect (no one is), but he does try to keep it fair despite the polarized rhetoric. I’m sure you’ll disagree with me anyway but consider this: in the end he is a reporter and I want him to question everyone, and not give free handouts. I think he is hard on everyone from all sides. I wish the rest of the news did the same.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I have to respectfully disagree with your take on Mr. O'Reilly. I've been watching him for years. When I first started to watch his program on Fox news, I felt he was balanced and hard hitting. However, as his celebrity grew, IMHO (and really, that's all this is) he became more polarizing in his positions and started parading the "kooks" as a tool to rail against. He quit being a serious journalist and became a media personality. Which is too bad because he used to have a decent program.

As to the debate between him and Phil Donahue, I think they both behaved badly. It was rather embarrassing to watch.

top topics

join