It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of a little personality ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
i've always presented myself honestly and with lots of personality. never trying to be what i'm not. reason I think people think i'm rude or obnoxious. I try not to pretend to be someone else, but I am always myself and always say what I mean..but I do see that most people around here fear being themselves and opening up to new things.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yeah right!

Did you just
ing quote larry the cable guy?
That's be sick if someone could portray his personality in letters on ATS.
I wonder how you could get the accent in to letters...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Well your to blame now WUK.

For now on I'm using this icon:
in every
ing post I make on ATS.

For the only reason of better portraying my mo'
ing personality!

YEAH!!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Im a bit of a stiff in real life if im honest. I tend to use big words in conversation too... yup im that much of a loser!

Sorry, but I just cant abide by using an inferior alternative to an adjective if there even if there is a feasible yet simpler choice.

Haha ok Im joking in that sentence, im not actually that bad.

I prefer it when people type properly though. I ignore posts which dont have proper grammar... its just too hard to make sense of something like:

"So lol he was saying then the ghost came into the reptilian and said omg its going to go to nibiru when it dies."

Sure some of us are a bit stiff, but dont mistake it for formality! We have our own brand of fun and japeries by using wit and word play.

Come to Britain, theres half a nation of people just like me haha!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm guilty. Since I've been here less than a year I have been very careful of what I say. Why this is I just don't know.

ATS is rather dry compared to BTS. I'm sure it's due to subject content.

Wait a sec....I think I have figured out why I try to hide my personality. I tend to be very opinionated, feisty, sarcastic and sometimes plain ugly acting. Most of the time I am motherly, protective and helpful.

There have been many times I've wanted to tell a poster that it will all be ok and that I love them. You know, the kind of love you would have for a friend. Other times I've wanted to tell them
you
ing Moran what are you
ing thinking. Not good.

Maybe I can reach a happy medium and be more personable.

Yes OP you brought up a good point. I do agree with you.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Hey I'm from Britain and i
swear
loads!!

(only joking mate, i do swear a little bi though!)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Words tend to actually mean something. Some of us spend time understanding and learning, there is nothing wrong with that. If somebody uses words that he or she does not understand, it will become quickly apparent in replies and conversations.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by realism

Hey I'm from Britain and i
swear
loads!!

(only joking mate, i do swear a little bi though!)

Oh of course i swear in real life... but I still use words that Sun readers consider "too long".

Honestly, anything more than 3 syllables apparently confuses them.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Crisis

Ah yes I trashed a thread and caused mass mayhem on the whole site! (mu hu ha ha ha my April fools prank worked perfectly!)

Just
to me quickly before I get
(again)

We don't talk about "the incident"

Edit: for CheKeyMonKey

[edit on 4/2/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Don't you mean banned again?

hahaha

MonKey

Edit: Oh yeah, the op! errrr whatever... It's like that, cos that's the way it is.

[edit on 2/4/08 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I seriously want to thank everyone here at ATS and BTS in particular in helping me develop a personality. Before I came here I was such a pathetic individual, fat, ugly and stupid. The transformation has been swift and is now almost complete as my bald spot has almost filled in.

I have morphed into a brutally handsome, talented, extremely intelligent man; sought after by the most beautiful women and with Friends among the most elite in society. And Parties.....what wonderful times I now enjoy.
A constant swirl of revelry, sex, dancing and stuff like that.

All because I discovered this website. Who woulda thunk it???

Thanks again, because I have stolen the best parts of personalities of the members here. Not to worry, I will put your personality, now mine, to good use in my constant search for hedonistic pleasure.

If anyone would like to rent my personality on the off day's I'm not using it, U2U me and I will send you a contract that you can fill out and send back with your check, money order, credit card number or a nice fat goat.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
holy
ing
! This thread is getting alot of replies

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Crisis

The chicks are in hanging out in PTS, with the moneyed stiffnecks and the old geezers!!!!! Which is why I'm heading there, too. See ya later.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

Which is why we are all different in many beautiful ways.

See I would rather use actions in place of words. To me, words don't mean

I don't plan on learning a new words because, I live my life just fine with the ones I currently use. As long as I'm understandable, I find I'm not doing to bad. Heh.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well it's a good thing you turned yourself in man.

I was wondering who the thief was.

I expect you'll be punished accordingly.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Whats with all you stiff necks? I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of monotone book worms. Do you guys literally go to dictionary.com and copy and paste what you want to say?

I must say I am guilty of having a lack of personality sometimes. I hope to curb this by uploading some podcasts..... IF I CAN EVER GET THE UPLOAD THING TO WORK!!1!1!!2!

I express myself much better in person, and if one can hear me, they will understand this better.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

A couple things about podcasting,

Use IE instead of firefox, (it just works better)

Be on ATS to upload a podcast, (being on BTS or PTS sometimes screws it up)

Be patient, (there is no indication of it loading but it is. It takes a while for the podcast to upload. Once it does your display will change and the thread will be created.)

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I let my personality out once. It was a scary so I put it away never to be heard from again.

ONCE?!?! I beg to differ ya arse....lolololol

luv ya!

~Ducky~

[edit on 6-4-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

well sometimes when I get a little tipsy after having a snootfull
my personality slips it's leash and I end up with some crazy posts and or threads that the next day I shake my head at. :shk:

but I sober up and then I can
when I need to.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

I hope he doesn't get banned again. Last time he was I had to instant message him for weeks to keep him company while he waited to come back. :shk:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join