It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does all processed foods give you cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I posted a thread called ‘Is bacon cancerous’ and it was about a discovery made that if you eat a lot of bacon there Is a higher risk of getting cancer of the digestive system. Well recently there has been another medical discovery in the metro that has said that all processed foods now give you a higher risk factor of getting cancer.

For more info go to the link below

www.metro.co.uk/news/article/cancerprocessed

So what is going on soon every think will be pronounced to give you some sort of cancer it’s just a matter of lol?

So if you agree or disagree with me please reply to this thread!

Also if you would like to visit my other thread on this topic please go to the link below.

Does bacon cause cancer?

Ohhhhh Yay more crap weather! Why me?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I've have cancer twice in my life. I believe it has something to do with the food types we eat, and yes i do think processed foods are more risky to eat than natural stuff.
They even put chemicals into the food to make them keep from rotting. How good can that be to eat? This could be the explanation why cancer is an illness that has increased in society even though been investigated for many many years without any results. It would seem to me that someone is hiding some facts here.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I believe at this point most people agree that everybody has cancer to one degree or another all the time, and depending on your individual genetics that cancer may flower out of control or not, depending on what you're exposed to and your body's individual ability to keep it in check. Preservatives or processing of food might trigger the cancer growth, or any number of other things, including various chemicals, stress, attitude, and so on.

Eating fresh, unprocessed foods might or might not help. Most grains, fruits and vegetables are grown using some kinds of fertilizers or pesticides, and there may be chemicals inherent in the food itself that could trigger the cancer in your body. Or cooking it with gas, or electricity, or microwaves, or in a Teflon pan, or whatever. The thing is, whether it's chemicals or radiation or just sunshine, you never know what's going to kill you.

The basic fact of the matter is that we are programmed to die so that our next generations can benefit from a fresh genetic mix. Some people die sooner than others. Cancer or heart disease or something else. We're all doomed.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I like to believe eating meat of any kind, flesh and blood, chowing on death, causes cancer, and only the vampires (carnivores) get cancer.
I mean, how can something as innocent and caring as being a vegetarian result in a punishment such as cancer and rot of ones soul?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
remember this is what the metro has dicovered!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I am 100 per cent sure that processed foods are not good for you and can cause life threatening harm. If I had not done an experiment concerning these foods I would question the possibility.

Being diabetic and asthmatic I had terrible bouts of edema and serious breathing episodes. The last time I was hospitalized I had so much fluid in my body that I came close to death.

So, after I got out of hospital I reasoned that it would be a good idea to monitor every single bite of food, liquid or drugs that went into my body.

I no longer eat any food with additives except on rare occasions I will have bacon if my SO has it. I don't even buy beef anymore and other pork is eaten only every few months. Veggies, fruits, grains and organic chicken is my choice of food now.

Since changing my consumption habits I have not had to take a diuretic. Before the change I was taking a diuretic everyday due to severe edema.

Yes I agree with you that additives in our food can cause cancer.

Dizzie

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You cannot actually prove that anything GIVES you cancer, really. You can, however, show a CORRELATION between cancer and certain behaviors (i.e. eating processed foods, smoking, etc.). I think that our modern diets have evolved WAY faster than our bodies and probably contribute to illnesses, such as cancer.

new topics

top topics

join