It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A M a s s i v e UFO Fly Over Event coming soon!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
what would you be afraid of?? out of curiosity.
do you think that you would befall physical harm???

Oh, there are all kinds of things to be afraid of in a full-scale alien arrival. Even if it was friendly, it would basically be the end of the world as most people know it. That's always going to be a problem as people further divide themselves up into the "pro" and "anti" alien groups. Some people will decide the aliens are here to enslave and raise us for food like cattle. They might kill themselves out of fear, or spite. Some will want our current governments to shut down and submit to the superior aliens.

The religious among us will scour their holy books for a bit of vague text that confirms, "God told us all along," and start planning their missions to bring these aliens the Good News of the Truth as told to Mohammed, or their salvation through the human, Jesus H. Christ. To name a few possible, not altogether positive, reactions. You think people are fighting now over differences in religious belief or economic philosophy? You ain't seen nothing yet.

We might be okay if it was only revealed that a radio signal was detected coming from a planet or something many thousands of light years away. Far enough so that there would seem to be no immediate harm to us. Then we'd have a few hundred or thousand years to get used to the idea that we maybe weren't perched on the top rung of the evolutionary ladder.

But a big, public arrival in force? No, that would probably not be too good.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
lol, Zorgon you quack me up, quack! quack!

I go by me and what I was told and I was told by the Grey's that the only time they would do a massive flyover would be when we were about to destroy Earth for if we destroyed Earth we would destroy there Laboratory.

I think that sounds just about right.

If they change there mind and don't tell me I'm gonna be pi&&ed for sure,

I think this relates to the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) which is almost completed and ready for its testing stages. There are threads on ATS about this machine opening up blackholes etc. In fact there is another thread upon ATS in reference to a respected scientist who has put a petition through to stop this machine from being used. I honestly do believe if we were about to end this world then the LHC would have something to do with it

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ATSGUY
where r u getting ur information from

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
I think this relates to the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) which is almost completed and ready for its testing stages.
I honestly do believe if we were about to end this world then the LHC would have something to do with it

May be the LHC will open up a tunnel in time or space and ETs will come pouring out.

On a more serious note, may be there something about this type of research that can be very problematic to the universe. Could be you are on to something.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have had doubts about the LHC for a while now. I mean if scientists knew what was going to happen when the collide all sorts of particles at speeds close to light then they wouldnt need to spend billions building this machine. The machine is being built so that THEY CAN FIND OUT what happens in various scenarios and that kind of makes me nervous.

This machine isnt no portable device its something like 20 kilometres in size it is literally within it final construction stage and i believe tests will commence before the end of this year. I for one am not looking forward to it

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Nohup....I refuse to be afraid. It is a tactic used over and over again, not only by 'organized religions', but by Governments as well. Through media (today we have such an influx of media!) or by word-of-mouth, before electronics, the message is essentially the same....'Believe what we say, or die'

Sad, sad state of affairs, when people continue to 'buy' into this nonsense......

WW

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

[edit on 4/1/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

well.... that is what would happen to you. i'm sure that the way i see it would be different. i'm sure that every single person in the world would see it in their own unique perspectives.
the actual reality of it all, i'm sure, would be far different than we could imagine.

i don't think they are hostile, so therefore, i don't think that we have anything to worry about.
also, change is good, exspecially in the times we live in now.
i say, come on down and we will see what happens

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You guys live in wonderland. Thats so nice. Good therapy and keep on that if it helps!

Mod Edit- Please Read: One-line responses
Mod Edit-Please read: Courtesy Is Mandatory

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexDJ
I am sorry ATSGuy, but your treaths have become a bite out of our understanding. I will never read another treath made yb you, i am sorry but you lost all credibility to my eyes. This types of treaths should be on skunk and works, you cant prove anything on what you say..only that you have a hunch..a feeling..good..many people have hunches and feelings, that doesnt mean its true.

I am sorry but ATS lately have become with hoaxed to another and treaths that are ludicruss..

Thinking i may go for a while until ats cleans itself up..

I dont think i have any credibility to begin with, i am just a student in college. I was just posting what i found.

lilmikey, I posted 2 links in the beggining of the thread they explain everything...but i guess if you want just go to

helloearth.info and just read the micheal connection, Riley connection, Nasa connection...thats basically it

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Nohup....I refuse to be afraid. It is a tactic used over and over again, not only by 'organized religions', but by Governments as well. Through media (today we have such an influx of media!) or by word-of-mouth, before electronics, the message is essentially the same....'Believe what we say, or die'

Sad, sad state of affairs, when people continue to 'buy' into this nonsense.

Unfortunately, it's not all about you. I personally am not going to fear anything, no matter what. We live, we die.

I'm not saying you should be afraid. All I'm saying is that there would likely be people who are afraid or who go nuts. And it's the other people you have to worry about. The ones who will decide to blow up federal buildings to make way for Space Brother landing ports. The ones who will vote to stop your Social Security because the aliens will take care of us. It's these nutbags who are going to mess it up for people like you and me who would otherwise just shrug and keep going to work. At that point, it doesn't matter whether it's "true" or not. It doesn't take the truth to put a bullet in your head or a car bomb on your street.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would like to star Commodore 64 initial reply - we've come all this way with technology primarily through science not visions and not dreams. Linking to other ATS/web sites doesn't help - if something isn't backed by fact or evidence doesn't matter how many times it is written about.

It's like the gossip at work - if you hear it/say it often enough it becomes the "truith" and you can then build the next layer of truith on top of this.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
I would like to star Commodore 64 initial reply - we've come all this way with technology primarily through science not visions and not dreams. Linking to other ATS/web sites doesn't help - if something isn't backed by fact or evidence doesn't matter how many times it is written about.

It's like the gossip at work - if you hear it/say it often enough it becomes the "truith" and you can then build the next layer of truith on top of this.

What, Stephen hawking, even Albert Einstein and allot of major scientists that revolutionized the world said that they all received their inspirations on inventions and equations in their dreams!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
What, Stephen hawking, even Albert Einstein and allot of major scientists that revolutionized the world said that they all received their inspirations on inventions and equations in their dreams!

Well now....there's something that should be fairly easy to back up with some hard information. Can you do that? Or did you not mean to imply that none of them reaped the fruit of very hard, wide-awake work?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
reply to post by Breadfan

This is the major problem with this forum. This thread as with many many others has fallen to the same path. Someone comes on and posts complete nonsense with no dates, no proof, no nothing, and the original poster is the one who is defended by the operators of the forum.

I'm asking (AGAIN) for a date as to when this is supposed to happen please.

As a newcomer here with this being my second or third post -- I'd have to agree. EITHER, the web owner vouches for the person -- meaning, the person has a track record of accuracy, or there should be some bar of "provable or disprovable" information. Like if you've built an anti gravity device, you would have to keep the function secret, but you could divulge how much energy to lift it creates, and perhaps some physical principles it operates on. I think that's pretty fair.

What probably creates rancor here, is the frustration with the unprovable. Its an interesting topic and I keep an open mind as to whether there are aliens that are amongst us -- but it isn't going to prove anything to the world to have no standards. There is nothing on this story to differentiate it from someone reading a horoscope -- which I'll be cynically on the record as stating has "nothing to do with life on earth." Planetary alignments don't have any influence on your life.

So are there ground rules, or can I post my visions as well?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

i'm with you on the date thing. stop dangling carrots in front of peoples faces but, in retrospect, you have to realize that before the declaration of independence was signed there were a lot of people saying, "hey i heard about this document that thomas jefferson is writing that is going to free us from the english", they probably didn't know it was going to be signed on july 4th, they could have speculated, but, my point is that when events of signifigant iimportance happen in human history there is never an exact date, or at least until it happens- so unfortunately, we all must keep our eyes to the skies and our ears open for news.

but i am really sick of all this carrot danglin.......

[edit on C
20082008-04-01T16:38:48-05:00u04America/Chicago4 by FremenBlueEyes]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

post your visions away!!!!!! there are no ground rules besides being put in skunkworks if it is a theory on baseless evidence, but we are all used to that around here.
if it is a dream, i actually have a thread about dreams already.... post it there..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

see you around and Welcome to ats!!!!!!!!

just be nice to everybody so they don't leave, like jritzman

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well i am all for it if it does happen. I am not gullible or misguided or a fool, nor do i see the world in rose tinted glasses. But the fact of the matter is Humanity NEEDS BADLY this wake up call. We need to be come out of our collective shells and out of our comfort zones regarding what we pervcieve as being reality. I do agree that we have a responsibility to get ourselves together to sort ourselves out but it will take an event of this magnitude to prompt us into serious action !
My concern is really over whether this will be a peaceful transition if and when it takes place. The ETs might be friendly but what if GW Bush decides to press that big red button he has been itching to push and aim at nuke missle at a spacecraft? Would the Galatic Council nuke us back or what?
So this just leaves the last question i know you will be asking, whether i beelive this? Well like others i beleive something is happening but have an open mind. Incidents like the Texas UFO, the Mexico flap and the O Hare incident do leave you with more questions than answers and who knows maybe the Texas UFO incident was a dry run!! All i can say is conclude with the immortal words... I Want To Believe . Is that such a bad thing ?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

I think you are right. But, personally I think it will be more localized like Stephenville. Anyway, that's my opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by ATSGUY

Well now....there's something that should be fairly easy to back up with some hard information. Can you do that? Or did you not mean to imply that none of them reaped the fruit of very hard, wide-awake work?

sure i would be happy too:

Otto Loewi (1873-1961), a German born physiologist, won the Nobel Prize for medicine in 1936 for his work on the chemical transmission of nerve impulses. In 1903, Loewi had the idea that there might be a chemical transmission of the nervous impulse rather than an electrical one, which was the common held belief, but he was at a loss on how to prove it. He let the idea slip to the back of his mind until 17 years later he had the following dream. According to Loewi:
Otto Loewi - Creativity and discovery from dreams - dream interpretation and science

Dr. Otto Loewi

"The night before Easter Sunday of that year I awoke, turned on the light, and jotted down a few notes on a tiny slip of paper. Then I fell asleep again. It occurred to me at 6 o'clock in the morning that during the night I had written down something most important, but I was unable to decipher the scrawl. The next night, at 3 o'clock, the idea returned. It was the design of an experiment to determine whether or not the hypothesis of chemical transmission that I had uttered 17 years ago was correct. I got up immediately, went to the laboratory, and performed a single experiment on a frog's heart according to the nocturnal design."

It took Loewi a decade to carry out a decisive series of tests to satisfy his critics, but ultimately the result of his initial dream induced experiment became the foundation for the theory of chemical transmission of the nervous impulse and led to a Nobel Prize!

Mathematical Genius & Dreamer- Srinivasa Ramanujan

Srinivasa Ramanujan (1887-1920) was one of India's greatest mathematical geniuses. He made substantial contributions to analytical theory of numbers and worked on elliptical functions, continued fractions, and infinite series. In 1914, he was invited in to Cambridge University by the English mathematician GH Hardy who recognized his unconventional genius. He worked there for five years producing startling results and proved over 3,000 theorems in his lifetime.

According to Ramanujan, inspiration and insight for his work many times came to him in his dreams...

A Hindu goddess, named Namakkal, would appear and present mathematical formulae which he would verify after waking. Such dreams often repeated themselves and the connection with the dream world as a source for his work was constant throughout his life.
Infinite series of pi - Hindu Goddess Dreams - Srinivasa Ramanujan
Infinite series for π. Example of formulae Ramanujan developed that led to new directions of research.
Source: Wikipedia

Ramanujan describes one of his dreams of mathematical discovery:

"While asleep I had an unusual experience. There was a red screen formed by flowing blood as it were. I was observing it. Suddenly a hand began to write on the screen. I became all attention. That hand wrote a number of results in elliptic integrals. They stuck to my mind. As soon as I woke up, I committed them to writing..."

many more here:
www.brilliantdreams.com...

the other stuff about Einstein i saw in a documentary about him on the discovery or history channel. The same goes for Hawking...but yea

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join