It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*video* Devil eyes on Washington Monument

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Eye's or not. I don't think they are made to be eyes, but it turned out to be a nice coincidence for the the Illuminati who use heavy amounts of symbolism to bombard our brains with subconciously.

The obelisk itself, and it's positioning in the street layout of the D.C area cannot be disputed as Masonic and/or illuminati symbolism. So yes the monument is an evil symbol. Not to mention the phallic(sp/) conontations represented there.

But as far as the devil eyes. I don't really know. Eye of the beholder I guess.

I also thought it looked more like a hooded KKK member myself. As someone already mentioned. But again I think the lights are for traffic, or festivities (like how they light up the empire state building different colors on certain holidays).

Either way it is an amazingly beautiful Ballpark. I watched a couple 2 hour shows on discovery I believe, may have been science channel, on some of the construction that went into it. amazing.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Collision lights are usually placed at uppermost part of an object so the pilot understands where exactly the object ends. These are not and definitely spark my mind in a bad way. Welcome to New Babylon!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
definitely NOT something sinister. Why, when the wife and I were in the top of the monument on Christmas Day two years ago I looked through each set of the those 'devil' eye windows and totally enjoyed the wonderful views of the city. Even took some pictures.

Gee, I wonder if thats what the builders had in mind??????

[edit on 1-4-2008 by TrailGator]

[edit on 1-4-2008 by TrailGator]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You beat me to it, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

But after seeing the red lights close-up it kind of looks like (what I imagine), what might result from a KKK member and mothman getting ... er hum! intimate.

Woody

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Your right OP, They do look like demon eyes. And why would they put warning lights 20 or so feet from the top? They usually put those lights on the very tippy top of a structure....

But I agree that they are just warning lights

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the Washington Monument was the tomb of Ra, dis assembled and brought over here. What is the latitude of the Monument?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here is an excellent resource that details the monument as an information transmission architecture.

A New Perspective

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You beat me to it, I was thinking exactly the same thing.

But after seeing the red lights close-up it kind of looks like (what I imagine), what might result from a KKK member and mothman getting ... er hum! intimate.

Woody

LOL!!! Now I can't get that image out of my mind dammit!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
I read somewhere that the Washington Monument was the tomb of Ra, dis assembled and brought over here. What is the latitude of the Monument?

It is NOT the re-assebled tomb of Ra -- although its design was obviously pattered after Egyptian Obelisks). They know exactly from where the stones were quarried to make the monument.

In fact the bottom 1/3 of it was mostly quarried from a site in Cockeysville, Maryland (some from Texas and Massachusetts) and the top 2/3 was taken from a different quarry in Cockeysville...that's why the bottom 1/3 is whiter than the top 2/3 (which has pink tint).

It was built in two phases because people began to lose interest in constructing it, and it ran into funding problems -- the private group who was building it lost much of its funding, including a $200,000 contribution from the U.S. government. So its construction stopped in 1858. Its construction was further interrupted by the Civil War. After the Civil War, people again became interested in building it, but it took another 15 years to get started again.

Since the interruption on construction was well over 20 years, the original quarry was no longer available to provide the stone, so the second quarry in Cockeysville was found. However the stone from that quaryy is not an exact match to the stone that was already used on the unfinished monument, hence the distinct difference in color between the two portions.

You can see the color difference in this photo:
upload.wikimedia.org...

[edit on 4/1/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

[edit on 4/1/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Didn't the capstone of the Great Pyramid have some special purpose?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
after reading this thread my head hurts..

could it be because the devil in the monument is trying to control me?
Or is it simply because I cannot believe the sheer amount of non-critical thinkers here.?

Hmm, a puzzling mystery.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Or is it simply because I cannot believe the sheer amount of non-critical thinkers here.?

Hmm, a puzzling mystery.

Thanks for contributing, the only thing you accomplished was bumping up a thread you believe to be nonsense.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Hmm, a puzzling mystery.

Im sorry. Usually I dont speak out like this and slash at other people, but Im in just the right mood. Please don't cut people down based on their observations. I mean after all, this thread is in skunkworks. If you thought it was stupid, then dont read it. You waste other peoples time thinking someone had something good to contribute, then we come and see posts like yours that add ABSOLUTLY nothing to the thread. When someone does this it hurts the community as a whole, and totally discourages people from speaking, which is the whole point of a forum, such as this.

I for one had never noticed this, and thought it was rather cool. In your lack of an efficent post, you not only cut down the OP, but everyone who posted here. So thanks...

I still think it was a cool thing to point out OP! good work ^_^

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

It is a symbol of the kkk long an slinder all white with two eyes at the top. An thats all u can see when some one in the kkk has there hoods on is there eyes

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

It is a symbol of the kkk long an slinder all white with two eyes at the top. An thats all u can see when some one in the kkk has there hoods on is there eyes

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well since I live in the area ....I can assure you they are just aircraft anti collision lights and have been there for a long time now. There are in fact some very small windows in the top as well. When I was a young boy you could go up to the top and look out of them.....but that is closed off now due to saftey reasons as the monument is older and it is about preservation of the monument now.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

You would think they would have just one blinking at the tip. I guess there's no standard though, so..

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

i'm not going to start worrying unless it grows a mouth. they're obviously lights for avoiding collisions. besides what self-respecting demon would be caught anywhere near a nats game?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join