It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*video* Devil eyes on Washington Monument

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If anyone watched the Washington Nationals vs. The Atlanta Braves game last night you would know that George W. Bush was there.

When he was in the announcers booth they were interviewing him, asking him about baseball (it was obvious he didn't know anything about baseball, and was changing the conversation every question they asked him).

Anyway, they ask him a question about how he thinks the Nationals will do this season. Of course, he didn't answer the question and instead started talking about how nice the view was, and how you can see the washington monument. The camera then switched to the monument, and I took these videos with my cell phone camera.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I am not sure if this is standard procedure to sway planes away from the monument. But I swear, you can see pupils (which look like slits) inbetween the red 'eyes'.

Also, the 'eyes' are perfectly positioned on the monument to look like they are on a face.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think I'd be willing to bet one of my kidneys that the lights are nothing more than the blinking lights that they use to show airplanes that theres something tall that you don't want to run into...

There is a radio tower not to far from my house with the same thing, blinking lights at the top.

Demon or just warning lights. Ill go with warning lights.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
well spotted.

he's a crafty little bugger isn't he.Always weaving a sinister undertone.

I like the lyrics to a song (George Bush is an Islamic fundamentalist) which says "convincing the world he is was thick as pigs**t was a stroke of pure bloody genius"

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
those are the windows. one on each side. someone put a flashing light inside.

that's all.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They are not windows, they are just the blinking lights that warn airplanes that its there and not to smash into it.

Or maybe it is a demon...feel its wrath.

Scary.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The lights may be there to warn planes. But I watched this on a hd TV, and the lights really looked like eyes strategically placed. They even looked like they had pupils in them.

Its unfortunate that I have no idea how to upload the hd video onto my computer and host it somewhere.... but, apparently its not even worth the time, if they are just innocent lights.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Now here is the question. You were watching the game on an HD tv, but was the feed you were watching an HD broadcast, otherwise it would have stretched the picture out, which kinda explains why the lights looked more rectangular.

They appear to me to be nothing more than lights that are always there. It does kinda look like eyes (the way they are positioned) because there are some white lights below it that could be a mouth.

Here is a video, not exactly high res and shot from the ground but you can see the blinking lights.

Blinking lights on Washington Monument.

Now granted im not seeing what you saw but im seeing a low res copy of what you saw taken from your phone, so perhaps if I had seen the original, I would have a different opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just had a thought, if you can't upload the HD video, is it possible to maybe freeze the video where you are seeing the eye slits, and then take a still picture?

I just looked again and I can't see it in the video.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I suppose that the blinking red light is normal on the monument at night time. Even though my TV is a widescreen, when it is played in HD format the images are not stretched.

The video above me shows one small circular blinking red light. What I saw on tv resembled 2 rectangular red lights with what looked like slits in the middle.

Being the hardcore conspiracy theorist I am, I almost took it as a symbol to aknowlege Bush who was sitting in the booth staring at the monument.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I have no love for Bush at all, and if it came out tomorrow that he enlisted the help of demons, or worshiped them or whatever, it really wouldn't surprise me.

My previous posts were in no way defending Bush, just stating that I only saw blinking lights.

As far as the image not being stretched, then you were probably watching an HD feed. Saddly I have an HD tv...but no HD cable so cable looks like crap, which is why I asked. Now blu-ray...that just looks awesome.

Just curious who made your avatar? I need to have one made or create one

[edit on 31-3-2008 by uninspired]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
yeah you need to get an hdmi cable..,. the picture looks 100x better.

contact 'im a marty'. He makes custom avatars, his work is awesome.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Thanks I'll contact him.

My stupid cable box only has coax or rca connections...they really are behind the times here. But I digress getting off topic.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i r dumber for reading this thread...........thansk

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

When he was in the announcers booth they were interviewing him, asking him about baseball (it was obvious he didn't know anything about baseball, and was changing the conversation every question they asked him).

He used to own the Texas Rangers...I think he knows a thing or 2 about the game.

Thin gravy and no biscuits.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RWPBR

Well, perhaps this is the proof then that the Bush who appears in public is a double who doesn't know nada about baseball. Just a thought.

About the lights...

I say that they are just lights, but still creepy, and have always thought so. Why two on teh face, instead of the normal one you eould see on most towers? I did see the slits as well, and have never seen that before, though it probably does have something to do with the digital transmission. Either way, it still has that whole "Middle Earth" thing going.

[edit on 3/31/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I distinctly remember visiting DC as a 12 yr old. The twin red lights on the great monolith were indeed very creepy. Whether there is any real meaning behind it or not I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by RWPBR

Well, perhaps this is the proof then that the Bush who appears in public is a double who doesn't know nada about baseball. Just a thought.

[edit on 3/31/0808 by jackinthebox]

Just cause he owned a baseball team years ago doesn't mean he knows about baseball now. I bet anything If someone asked him to name 10 players in the MLB he wouldn't know the answer. It's all a front with him, it was obvious he hasn't watched baseball in a decade when they were interviewing him.

Anyway, back to the monument, I didn't know it was a normal occurrence. Two red lights strategically placed to look like eyes is just standard.. nothing to worry about!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I don't know if you clicked on that picture earlier, but check this out, a big picture where you can zoom in on the eye lights, and have a good look.

It is kind of creepy lol.

upload.wikimedia.org...

It kind of reminds me of those kkk people.
www.anl.org.uk...

[edit on 31-3-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You must not be very familiar with Washington, D.C. The Washington Monument has two Red-Anti Collision Lights on each of it's Four Faces. There are side by side, above each of the viewing windows towards the pinnacle. Here, go ahead and take another look:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join