It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW MUFON UFO pics.....a skeptics paradise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Is it just me or is this just lame.

mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...

This is from the group that states this.
www.mufon.com...

What MUFON knows to be true...After 36 years of research

UFOs ARE REAL – “We are NOT alone”

Our Universe is TEEMING with LIFE – “The scientific data shows that our planet is being visited by other intelligences on a regular basis”

UFOs (Unconventional Flying Objects) deserve scientific study – “UFOs display technology that if understood, and used wisely, could benefit our planet and greatly advance all mankind.”

John Schuessler
MUFON International Director Emeritus

i know....its late....i'm jaded.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by atlasastro]

[edit on 31-3-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I occasionally surf the MUFON database for a kick. The example images you have posted are very typical. I don't think I've seen anything TRULY credible or convincing yet.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Hmmm...I agree that the links you provided and very much inconclusive. However I dont feel its fair for you to call those who report the incidents "lame". What would you have them do? Nothing? Lets be honest here. In this day and age, with the technology we have, just about every photograph and even most video is a skeptics paradise.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest
reply to post by atlasastro

Hmmm...I agree that the links you provided and very much inconclusive. However I dont feel its fair for you to call those who report the incidents "lame". What would you have them do? Nothing? Lets be honest here. In this day and age, with the technology we have, just about every photograph and even most video is a skeptics paradise.

Yeah, i know what you mean.....but i mean the whole point of providing sitings is to give credible accounts, which in turn provokes serious interest and respect for the field. We complain that for a long time science has given UFO-ology a very wide birth( not to mention a condecending shake of the head or a giggle)...i mean we have YouTube for this stuff.

www.ufoevidence.org...
Mainstream Science and UFOs
"In their public statements (but not necessarily in their private statements), scientists express a generally negative attitude towards the UFO problem, and it is interesting to try to understand this attitude. Most scientists have never had the occasion to confront evidence concerning the UFO phenomenon. To a scientist, the main source of hard information (other than his own experiments' observations) is provided by the scientific journals. With rare exceptions, scientific journals do not publish reports of UFO observations.
Imagine if someone did decide to write for a journal and MUFON was a source. i know what the intro would be.....how lame are these sightings....anyway....atleast they are out there, doing something....like i said at the end of my OP....it was late.....i'm jaded....
.....gonna bust out the telescope and cam myself, hehe....maybe then i can complain.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
These three are exceptionally stupid.
www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

What MUFON knows to be true...After 36 years of research

1. UFOs ARE REAL – “We are NOT alone”

2. Our Universe is TEEMING with LIFE – “The scientific data shows that our planet is being visited by other intelligences on a regular basis”

3. UFOs (Unconventional Flying Objects) deserve scientific study – “UFOs display technology that if understood, and used wisely, could benefit our planet and greatly advance all mankind.”

It's too bad that they don't actually have anything that proves any of this to be true. I mean, everybody has an opinion. But I guess it just goes to show how deep the biases are in the field. MUFON is a relatively old organization, and a lot of these old UFO organizations are really convinced of the whole extraterrestrial hypothesis, even though there is a lot of data out there that just doesn't fit it. Forget time travel. Forget morphic resonance fields. Forget a simple but honest "We don't know." Oh, well. Caveat reporter.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I totally agree with you, which is why i posted that quote from the MUFON site, i mean how do you make claims like that with little or no evidences, and the standard of evidence you do have is so poor, like the links have shown. I have another thread that might interest you.www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks for your reply

top topics

join