It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Sleuth Names Anonymous Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Amateur Sleuths Name Anonymous Dead

apnews.myway.com

His obsession began two decades ago, when Lori told him about the unidentified young woman wrapped in canvas whose body her father had stumbled on in Georgetown, Ky., in 1968. She had reddish brown hair and a gap-toothed smile. And no one knew her name.

So locals blessed her with one. They buried her under an apple tree with a pink granite tombstone engraved with the words "Tent Girl."

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-3-2008 by schism85]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This man is an amateur slueth dedicating himself to matching missing people with unidentified dead bodies. This must be a difficult task and must take alot of heart to do. He is bringing closure to heartbroken families. He recently identified a woman who has been missing since the late sixties. And to my surprise, he is not the only one, in fact there seems to be a network of amateur sleuths sharing this amazing task. I wanted to applaud these courageous people and Mr. Matthews for a job well done.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by schism85

This man is an amateur slueth dedicating himself to matching missing people with unidentified dead bodies. I wanted to applaud these curageous people and Mr. Matthews for a job well done.

A star issued for providing us with a really interesting article...and perhaps a calling for those of us who have an inordinate amont of free time and spend a lot of it in front of a computer monitor.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thank you. I thought that as well, maybe somone would be intrested in spending some free time doing this if they had enough free time and was intrested in detective work.

top topics

join