It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my UFO 30.03.08

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This looks completely fake to me, but wth I took it into photoshop and tooled around with it a little.

Well here's the link, looks like the board cuts it off.

i30.tinypic.com...

[edit on 31-3-2008 by rocksarerocks]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Really glad to see mixed opinions on it to be honest. I knew that there alot of people on these forums that could tell it was a fake straight away. And to you well done. However Ive seen the question asked several times on these forums "How can you tell if its a fake?" or "how to you go about debunking a fake"

I made these in less than 20 minutes at work... whilst doing my actual work. They were rushed they have several BIG mistakes (which will show tomorrow) that I made. There was no intention to make anyone feel or look stupid, so if anyone got that feeling then I do apologise.

This topic was intended to help those that would like to get more understanding of how easy it is to take 2 images and mix them together to make them look like a ufo.

For example the "UFO" in my images was a picture of a lightbulb.

/rich

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I apologize if i came across as impolite, ive never had anyone analys the picture before, it was my little baby first time i ever caught a ufo, and we have a lot of them seen here over Liverpool, even one supposed to have been over a mile wide a few years back,

The difference is Azzlin that as members of a refined community such as ATS I believe there is a certain amount of trust between members. If you posted this on ATS people would believe you and we would go about trying to figure out what the object is. However alot of the cases i personally look at are from random people who half the time dont even give their full name.

Take my OP for example. Because I have been on ATS for a while now and people have come to know what I believe in, If I had posted the topic without saying it was a fake members trust in me would just think "well why would he post fakes?" and the same would go for most members here.

/rich

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

Hi there,
I personally think this was a really good idea. I am certainly no expert myself and have seen many threads showing pics that claim to show ufo's/ghosts etc, and within a couple of posts those in the know have stepped forward and debunked said pics ... meanwhile I'm (in many cases), still scratching my head thinking 'wow, how do they know - it looks so real'.

So for me it's good to be shown/told just how easy it is for someone with a little know how to produce a convincing image that could fool the likes of a simple witch like me.
I'm looking forward to seeing the mistakes you mention. F&S for your valuable tutorial.

Woody

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I've got to admit that I was totally taken in. I know very little about photography and the little I do know about image manipulation might not fill a thimble. I look forward to your "reveal" tomorrow. I'll have learned something and really, isn't that why we're here?

*edit to add star and flag for olegkvasha for teaching me something today.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by JeepGal]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm waiting for Mods to move this to skunkworks.

We don't need fake stories in the Aliens forum... cmon.
If you skeptics are so desperate to ruffle feathers go and post your cynical photoshop theories in some real threads .

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Actually, when I saw the first picture I thought Photoshop...but I'm sure there have been multiple pictures that have dupped me before...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by olegkvasha
Really glad to see mixed opinions on it to be honest. I knew that there alot of people on these forums that could tell it was a fake straight away. And to you well done. However Ive seen the question asked several times on these forums "How can you tell if its a fake?" or "how to you go about debunking a fake"

I made these in less than 20 minutes at work... whilst doing my actual work. They were rushed they have several BIG mistakes (which will show tomorrow) that I made. There was no intention to make anyone feel or look stupid, so if anyone got that feeling then I do apologise.

This topic was intended to help those that would like to get more understanding of how easy it is to take 2 images and mix them together to make them look like a ufo.

For example the "UFO" in my images was a picture of a lightbulb.

/rich

Well, if you layer one image over the other in Photoshop, then turn the top layer on and off again, you can see large patches of cloning. Nice mock ups though!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Government space ship.

You'd be surprised how may UFOs you find taking sky pictures.

When the Sun is high you can take photos at the edge of a building
blocking out the Sun and can find the sky full of them.

Not all the time, only in an active area cause one posted said he
didn't find any.

ED: only room for one saucer... how are we going to identify fake fleets
or are they always balloons or birds... yeah, thats right.
This must be a dry period for real UFO photos.
Yeah, thanks for nothing.
We want the real government space ships.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

well.. there's only ONE thing you're unable to dup........the sound the drone that was dropped on the planet Hoth by the empire in Star Wars and make that sound hover outside a bedroom window 2 stories high for at least 1 min back in 1987-78

So, when all else fails for me when looking at pics/vids....I refer back to what I heard...

No ONE has been able to tell me what it was....to this day...and i'm still waiting

No.........I wasn't high.....drunk or hallucinating.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This pratical joke would have had more impact if you waited just
one more day to post it. Would have been a good ATS April's Fool
sighting!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Good thread idea, pretty topical.

Must admit I had pegged as fake before reading the rest. As I know nothing about photography and it seems anything can be created I always look at how the story fits.

Why take photos orientated the way they were, if nothing was seen in the sky that's a whole lot of fairly boring sky. There is also nothing remarkable in the rest of the subject matter and to take 2 identical pics seemingly within a short space of time would seem a bit odd.

Not impossible but then wothout being there it's usually a judgement call and in this case the call would have been very dubious even before the CGI and is it a bird debate.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
theres a few things that seem wrong with both these pics. it seems as if you used the same pic...and it looks like you "added" or "cropped" the clouds so the second one had MUCH more clouds in it. Also the grass in these pics are different to a certain point then its all the same stuff. just a few things i saw. sorry if ppl mentioned this already. i didn't read every post.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by KNFr76]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply, i mostly agree with what you said, it is a pity that i didnt post it on ATS first, the truth of the matter is i didnt feel it an important enough sighting for ATS, the only reference i have in the picture is a tree branch, but mark my words the next one im right here with it

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
I'm waiting for Mods to move this to skunkworks.

We don't need fake stories in the Aliens forum... cmon.
If you skeptics are so desperate to ruffle feathers go and post your cynical photoshop theories in some real threads .

First off, Im not a skeptic at all. I believe in UFO's (and have seen many in my life) and aliens. I will look at anyones photos here with an open mind.

With all the junk that seems to get posted recently "I was taken too venus and had tea with the queen of the zoooons" I thought it was a about time to help those interested in spotting fakes.

I hope that other image analyzers that are here on ATS will also come here and try and answer questions for people. At the end of the day not everyone has photoshop and not everyone has the ability to rip an image apart and look for faults.

Seems like people are still getting offended about the topic. And to be honest if you dont like it then dont look at it. Simple as.

/rich

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin

Thank you for your reply, i mostly agree with what you said, it is a pity that i didnt post it on ATS first, the truth of the matter is i didnt feel it an important enough sighting for ATS, the only reference i have in the picture is a tree branch, but mark my words the next one im right here with it

To be honest I would love to see more members posting what they have seen. I would much rather spend a few hours looking through a members photos, helping them find out what the object is. Than spend the same amount of time going through cases that end with a short story and contain a few pictures, most of the time you dont get even a full name or a contact address so more questions can be asked.

the story usually ends with:
Pete UK

Dont think anyone should ever feel that their case isnt important enough to show to the community
and sadly with Jeff leaving us, we could do with more image analyzers

/rich

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
ahhhhhh but can you prove its a fake!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
ahhhhhh but can you prove its a fake!

hehe I think I have been had... I brought the whole lot of an old Indian Guru who told me that one day these images should be released to ATS!

he said they were real and so i paid him £124,000 for each image
good deal I think

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I honestly thought it was a bird at first.

Isn't it against T&C to post information that is fake?

We all know that their is faked pics and vids out their, we don't need more of this stuff clogging the boards.

Why did you even wast your time creating this thread, their are countless others we could dig up that were proven fakes.

[edit on 4/1/2008 by Uniceft17]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
To me it just looked like a cartoon ship which is why I pulled it into photoshop. I knew it wasn't an alien ship since they don't exist, but I didn't know how/what it was or how it was created.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by rocksarerocks]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join