It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my UFO 30.03.08

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hey guys,

The other day my mate and his family were camping in Wales. He borrowed my digital camera so he could take some nice pictures of the landscape (as i need them for work).

After he came back home I uploaded the images on to my comp. And to my amazement he has caught what appears to be a UFO. I asked him if he remembers seeing anything when he took the photo. He replied no. I also asked his family and they also saw nothing on the day.

According to him it was very windy and clouds were moving fast.

I can only see the object in 2 of the images taken.

and in this one the object appears to be going behind the clouds:

What do you guys think?

-------------------------------------------------------

Now that I have your attention with the usual "ufocasebook" story. I would like to point out that everything I said is fake and the images that I posted are fake too. It took me less than 20 minutes to fake them both using nothing but junk from google and photoshop.

Before you all scream at me and call me mean things

stop and ask yourself did you believe the story and the images? I ask this because 95% of still image cases that I have researched are like this. Ufocasebook is full of them.

These are the kind of cases I think people need to really think about before posting, Some can look so convincing and yet they do what I have just done.

It is images like these that give me and other image analyzers on ATS a hard time. With so many thousands of them to look through and sadly its takes us longer to debunk them then it does to create them.

Now im not bashing Ufocasebook, however just take everything with a large pinch of salt. Remember how easy it is to create.

/rich

EDIT: Some missunderstanding (my fault) the 95% of images are ones that I personally have looked at.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by olegkvasha]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by olegkvasha

stop and ask yourself did you believe the story and the images? I ask this because 95% of still image cases are exactly like this. Ufocasebook is full of them.

This is an interesting point you bring up here.

I am wondering where you got you 95% figure for the still images being fake? Did you make this up, or do you have proof?

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

I dont believe a thing people say on the internet.
I must admit though its quite a good fake!

For those who do believe, I would like you to know that I am a Nigerian Banker who has $42 million with your name on it. Send $10 for further info!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Originally posted by olegkvasha

stop and ask yourself did you believe the story and the images? I ask this because 95% of still image cases are exactly like this. Ufocasebook is full of them.

This is an interesting point you bring up here.

I am wondering where you got you 95% figure for the still images being fake? Did you make this up, or do you have "proof?"

My proof is working with images like this for the past few years. Dont get me wrong I have seen a few that have been posted and they have no flaws and a good amount of images to back the case up. But majority of the time they are blurred birds or faked.

/rich

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Good lesson, I admit.

How do we know whats fake? Can you debunk your own image? I zoomed in on it and it looked good.

I think its good to have everyone "guarded".

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by calibanvov
Good lesson, I admit.

How do we know whats fake? Can you debunk your own image? I zoomed in on it and it looked good.

I think its good to have everyone "guarded".

Yeah as soon as I posted it I noticed I had made a mistake. Im gonna do a write up after on how to debunk these images. However for now for those interested in spotting fakes, take these 2 images look at every little detail (not just the ufo) you would be suprised what hoaxers forget to do sometimes.

Post your findings on here

/rich

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
sodom
and i say that your pics are not fake....
your are posting real pics of real ufo`s and then you say these pics are fake and 95 % of the pics on ufocasebook are fake so we are very......

forgetit
sodom

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
*wonders how long it'll be before someone posts a thread with these pictures in*

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
As soon as i looked at your picture a "voice" inside me screamed fake.
Of course it's easy for me to say this since you already said it was indeed a fake.
But honestly, i din't knew that until i was done looking at the picture and continued reading.

Why it screamed fake ?
I think because the ufo didn't fit in too well with the first picture imo.
And a blurry object with a sharp reflection

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What a waste of time.

I feel this is a prime example of what we don't need in this forum.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gauncents
What a waste of time.
I feel this is a prime example of what we don't need in this forum.

I, personally, don't see anything wrong with the OP trying to help everyone sharpen their pencils...

It's a good exercise. Good job OP.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

There's no pencil that needs sharpening.

I don't need someone telling me it's fake and how to tell.

My eyes are sharp enough.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Knew they were fake - the colours are completely wrong, when I say colours I mean contrast between the item and it's surroundings.

But I'm sure a lot of people could be fooled. I'm not really bothered, I know the phenomenon is real, who cares if you see one or two fake images once in a while ? It doesnt make the phenomenon fake.

j

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Haha, I'm not falling for that a fourth time

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

I guess not all of us are as astute as you.

There is no need to take offense, though.

It is a good comparative example of some of the garbage that gets posted.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well first off, the images look exactly the same besides the location of the UFO. If you really wanted to pull the wool over us you would have slightly different angles. I suppose that if the camera was on a tripod this could have been possible but I think you might have mentioned that. THat is one flag for me. I don't think it's a waste of time because you are doing what a lot of people clearly do, however you are just being corteous and informing everyone of your intention, opening a discussion of fakes which is definitely in the scope of UFO discussion

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It is a good comparative example of some of the garbage that gets posted.

That's exactly my point!

Why don't we have a party at your house, everyone bring your kitchen garbage, we can dump it in your living room, and then we can all compare garbage.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good post OP take a look at this fake picture..

Only it isn't a fake i took it myself in front of maybe a dozen witnesses? also it was covered by ufocasebook, did you revue this one?

Don't get me wrong what you did could be a good thing, but i don't see how you can make judgment without telling us here how you come by your conclusions? i couldn't tell your picture was a fake, then again i'm not an expert in Picture taking or analysis, was the object in the picture ET? i don't know, I can tell you that the manovers the object made where incredible moving from where it is in the picture to maybe an inch and a half to the right and back again in less than 2 seconds quite a distance in real life i can tell you, then finishing by going straight up and out of sight in less than the blink of an eye.

I feel your post could give debunkers who just do it because they think its funny the right to rip every picture they see, even the genuine ones, and if that happens all the time what hope is there for the truth? be it they are real or not? so please have a look at the picture i posted and tell us what you find? anyone who wishes to have a copy of the picture untouched please u2u me with your email address,

The picture was taken on an old sony Matvica floppy disk camera.

PS im not trying to down your thread i just wish to know your method which you use to discover the fakes.. as i said copy of original to anyone who wishes it,

azz

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

Well, if my hobby was to determine between what was garbage and what was of use then what you proposed would be a good excercise, although I'd prefer we dumped it on my garage floor...

Some people don't mind a little home work. If it is something your interested in what's the problem?

The OP was not trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes...
He was merely offering up a chance for some people to learn a little more about how to identify hoaxed pics which we know we get a lot of.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I apologize if i came across as impolite, ive never had anyone analys the picture before, it was my little baby first time i ever caught a ufo, and we have a lot of them seen here over Liverpool, even one supposed to have been over a mile wide a few years back,

Could someone blow this picture up? so we can get a better look at the object? what we saw was that the object was leaning? for want of a better word, before it would move it would lean against the direction it was going, balloons and planes, and helicopters, blimps, already ruled out because of the speed it traveled, i could not focus on the object because of the sun and the tiny screen on the camera, it was a case of point click and hope for the best, out of 4 pics taken this is the only one with the object.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join