It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA enlists Google's help for spy work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

CIA enlists Google's help for spy work

www.nworeport.com

Google has been recruited by US intelligence agencies to help them better process and share information they gather about suspects.

Agencies such as the National Security Agency have bought servers on which Google-supplied search technology is used to process information gathered by networks of spies around the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What will they think of next!! No privacy!!!

www.nworeport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well Google has spent a huge amount of time and money on their software, why reinvent the wheel when you could just buy one?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I just want access to the Intellipedia that they are building.

I find the whole Intelink system they use to be interesting in concept. I've been told it is secure by various means by sources I know and do trust. I just have a problem with any gateway on the internet that is "secure".

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Not surprising, the CIA needs all the help they can garner. Its an agency
without cause and effect thinking when searching for the meaning/definition
of intelligence.
By the time you toss in the mix of artificial intel collection from the NSA
the mainframe morphs into a squirrels nest of words.

I best stop giving em answers.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I was watching a show last night, and was shocked to hear that Google keeps records of all searches conducted on their site since the day they went online. Your IP number is recorded with every search performed as well.

Can you imagine what kind of profile could be put together on an individual using this type of information? You could make a case for just about any kind of crime using just circumstantial evidence.. They said a few people have even been convicted of crimes based upon this type of information obtained with a subpoena from Google, AOL, MSN, etc..

They have even subpoenaed search engines to provide lists of books you have order, looked at, or googled for lack of a better term.

Scary stuff to say the least!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah, it's not too surprising they want Google tech. to help, their search
engine is very efficient.

I can imagine the NSA version, type in a name; get back that person's
internet history! And criminal, credit, tax, purchase, favorites and friends
info!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
so which search engine do we trust not to act as a whistleblower..?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Where did all the tax dollar go then? Surely, after such a long time in classifying and organising intelligence data and with such a large income, the CIA would have developed something that really "did the the job"? Why do they have to go and buy technology from Google?

Considering their budget and the length of time they've been doing it, surely they should already possess the best technology out there?

What did they spend the money on instead?

It is scary to think that the so-called defenders of freedom, with the backing of the Government, have to nick technology from private enterprise. It is scary to think that they do not employ the kind of human intelligence that allows them to develop this themselves (30 years ago!).

I think they need to up their pay package...

new topics

top topics

join