It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court challenge to Large Hadron Collider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Court challenge to Large Hadron Collider

www.msnbc.msn.com

The builders of the world's biggest particle collider are being sued in federal court over fears that the experiment might create globe-gobbling black holes or never-before-seen strains of matter that would destroy the planet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
For some time now I have shown concern about the development of the huge particle accelerator in Switzerland, known as the Large Hadron Collider, and now it seems that scientists in America share my doubts about this potentially dangerous project.

The project's own health and safety inspection expressed some serious concerns, yet still the building continues! The launch has now been put back from April to later in the year, but they are still planning to go ahead!

Ross Hemsworth
www.nowthatsweird.co.uk...

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Now, i wouldnt even consider myself an amatuer physist, but im pretty sure that even if these micro black holes are created, they would simply collapse as they do not have enough mass to sustain themselves.

That is of course, my opinion based on readings provided on ATS.

As for exotic matter creation, I cant say one way or the other...what if the LHC creates exotic matter that finally answers the question to free energy? Or world Famine? Or how to stop annoying foot ich and odor?

Seriously, if we stop science because we are scared of the unknown, we would still be crapping in a hole surrounded by a box out in the yard...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Where are you going to find a court that can honestly and fairly judge this issue?? Jesse.. the amount of people who really understand what they a trying to achieve could probably be counted on our combined fingers and toes

new topics

top topics

join