It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush Booed At Baseball Game

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't ever recall hearing a president booed muchless at such a public event. It might be a first.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

He keeps on setting new record lows for the seat of president
All future presidents never need fear being judged the worst president in history (hopefully).

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I posted this on the Other current events forum last night, not wanting to incur the wrath of the mods for posting it here. lol

To the folks saying it's the huffington post BIASED view of events---This is all over NUMEROUS OUTLETS, and it has nothing to do with a right or left wing issue. This criminal and his cohorts have literally dismantled our nation and brought it to its knees in a mere 7 years, and they have repeatedly thumbed their noses at us all in doing so. The american people are now finally awakening and are tired of this idiot-Period. He should have been impeached long ago at the very least, and should be serving time for war crimes and treason against this nation.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I for one will not be intimidated by the mods
And felt it was recent and importanat enough to post in breaking news. Anywho i agree with you that this isn't a right or left wing issue as many conservatives are as appaled by Bush as the liberals, socalist and libertarians.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Completely agreed. The sooner America gets past this "bipartisan" bickering nonsense, the better off we will be. The fact of the matter is, NEITHER of these two monopolistic parties (which are actually all just one big party serving the same vested interests) gives two turds about the citizens of this country. The entire system is polluted and corrupted by corporate / M.I.C. elitists controllers. It's nothing but a giant wealth and power grab. And it isn't a "party" issue at all...We need a complete overhaul of the entire fatally flawed system, or we will perish as a nation.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yep, not going to happen though is it? The parties represent the will of the corporations and special interest groups and not by the people who elect them, so the U.S is not a democracy right? There are of course some good senators and other public servants who represent the people, such as Kuchinich and Patterson but the system like you say is flawed, Election campagins are mostly financed by big bussiness, take your pick Oil, Pharmucutical, defense and smaller scale ones on a local level.

In the UK the parties are financed largely by the taxpayer which keeps the costs restricted in campaiging and other activities. Now it isn't a perfect way of doing things and is open to abuse, as has been shown recently with dodgey donations to the Labour party and abuses of expenses by the commons speaker and other MP'S, but it keeps the specail interest groups and big bussiness out of government as much as can be possible in a democracy

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The good will never cheer the Devil.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It's all rigged for the benefit of the few.

This event was a physical analogy of the way things are under the current, corrupt system.

The moneyed elite get the red carpet treatment, while the huddled masses are fortunate if they can boo from the nosebleeder seats.

If you're not willing to "play ball" you can't even get in the game.

Somebody give the chimp a pretzel...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is the first time I heard this...

I wonder how much the controlled media will cover this...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here in Romania we won our right to "boo" at the president in 1989. Since then it has happened for some presidents to be booed, or cheered , but it's not a big thing.

In America I think that the people want to hold on to that dream of freedom that started in 1700 when America was forming, they just escaped medieval Europe and hoped for everlasting freedom and prosperity, unlike the serfs of the old world. That is why I think they do not want to say anything bad about their country's leaders, it would end that dream

But it has already ended, people can dream on, and the same medieval masters they escaped when they left Europe are now back in power just under a different form

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Is this partisan?

How about this: VIDEO: Bush booed in DC at baseball game

This man should be more than booed for what he's done to the country and world, along with Mr Cheney.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The court of public opinion has spoken!!!

I don't know what was worse, that fake smile and wave to the crowd or the sissy throw to home plate...haha.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Too bad it's not ancient Rome. Perhaps he would have gotten the "Thumbs Down" if you know what I mean.

When the crowd spoke in Rome, it really meant something.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Like he constantly reminds us, history will judge him on the decisions he has made over the last 8 years. He will not be able to sleep if he can 'read' any of it...........

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Luckily, by his own words, he doesn't read the paper.

So he'll never have to find out.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I got to hand it to him tho' , it was a great toss for Pres.

The boo's were drowned out by the hooray's and after that toss he got my vote

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Great pitch, by golly.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

The court of public opinion has spoken!!!

I don't know what was worse, that fake smile and wave to the crowd or the sissy throw to home plate...haha.

what sissy throw were you looking at?

And the cheers outweighed the boos.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Muahahah
nothing to add to this thread except that I feel refreshed now and am ready for a good nights sleep

my thoughts exactly

cant wait to see how the main stream media trys to spin this

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by salparadise

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Muahahah
nothing to add to this thread except that I feel refreshed now and am ready for a good nights sleep

my thoughts exactly

cant wait to see how the main stream media trys to spin this

"What video? It doesn't exist, it never happened."

Maybe like that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join