It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why so much secrecy arount the JASON society and Jason group?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Wont one of you masons out there who do know about the JASON foundations please come forward the secrecy around your name is so unneccesary if all you are trying to do is find truth then should't you be sharing it with us? Let me guess "we cant handle the truth can we?" well a few of us can so maby take some of us under you wing and enliten us as to what the truth really is and maby we can help the public to understand.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have no doubt you could handle the truth. I hope you handle it better than you do punctuation and sentence structure however

For the record I have never heard of any "Jason" group either within Freemasonry or without. Please elucidate.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
J uly
A ugust
S eptember
O ctober
N overmber

I don't know of anything else it stands for

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
JASON society. You mean the Argonauts? There have been a few books and movies about them. Not too secretive, if you ask me. (And kinda old, all things considered.)

Edit: Oh, are you talking about the JASON Defense Adviosry Group? Why would a Mason know anything about them?

[edit on 3/31/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Source : en.wikipedia.org...

JASON is an independent group of scientists which advises the United States Government on matters of science and technology. The group was first created as a way to get a younger generation of scientists — that is, not the older Los Alamos and MIT Radiation Laboratory alumni — involved in advising the government. It was established in 1960 and has somewhere between 30 and 60 members.

For administrative purposes, JASON's activities are run through the MITRE Corporation, a non-profit corporation in McLean, Virginia, which contracts with the Defense Department.

JASON typically performs most of its work during an annual summer study. Its sponsors include the Department of Defense (frequently DARPA and the United States Navy), the Department of Energy, and the U.S. intelligence community. Most of the resulting JASON reports are classified.

The name "JASON" is sometimes explained as an acronym, standing either for "July-August-September-October-November", the months in which the group would typically meet; or, tongue in cheek, for "Junior Achiever, Somewhat Older Now". However, neither explanation is correct; in fact, the name is not an acronym at all. It is a reference to the Jason, a character from Greek mythology. The wife of one of the founders (Mildred Goldberger) thought the name given by the defense department, Project Sunrise, was unimaginative and suggested the group be named for a hero and his search.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Grand Hierophant

Sure, quoting the same wikipedia article that I linked to 7 hours earlier is all fine and good, but I'm still curious to know how the OP thinks Freemasons fit into this. Primarily because all the DOD physicists I know are atheists and could never join Masonry... The two personality types don't necessarily overlap. Not to say there aren't exceptions, but it must be morally challenging to both believe in a supreme being and develop nuclear weapons.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by JoshNorton]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If the JASON Society was really that secret, you, as an Average Joe or Joan, would never have heard about it, and there wouldn't be a Wikipedia page. In the truest sense, you don't know what you don't know, so you never be able to ask a question about a group so secret you never heard of it.

Assuming there even are such groups. Which you can pretty much count on.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The JASON society is a branch of the Order of the Quest they are in supposed pursuit of absolute truth but the question is why would they hide the names on their membership list?but however i do appologise that if these gus are doing more good than damage then maby we should leave them alone or should we investigate move as to see that they're not doing anything devios. you be the judge

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by the basset hound
The JASON society is a branch of the Order of the Quest they are in supposed pursuit of absolute truth but the question is why would they hide the names on their membership list?but however i do appologise that if these gus are doing more good than damage then maby we should leave them alone or should we investigate move as to see that they're not doing anything devios. you be the judge

See, now... There's the problem. We can't know whether they are for us or agin' us.

If they represent me, in any capacity, I have the right to examine all the evidence they have. Since I may not be privy to their information, I must hold them suspect of a wide range of issues, from hiding incompetency to plotting my demise.

If they are a private corporation, they are by their very definition, evil. Any entity whose legal obligation is to love money (for their investors) has to be. And that is a legal requirement to become incorporated.

If they are non-profit, we must question their motives. Fanaticism lurks in the waters of non-profit.

I don't know what JASON is, but it could be ominous or not. Still, I always suspect any group that is not forthcoming and welcoming all. Or at least welcoming all to observe.

In fact, transparency in government should be required. But that's another thread.

new topics

top topics

join