It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Huachuca, Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Um... Wow. I wish I had known that Fort Huachuca was such a major NSA communications hub while I was on it. I remember hearing that it had something to do with the NSA when we visited during an MBAA mountain bike race that was on the property, but it seemed fairly average to me. In fact, it looked like nothing but a small town surrounded by a large fence and a few towers. Sure, it had the live-ammunition firing ranges and the unmarked MP patrol cars passing by every mile, but other than that, it was just forest. Where is the freakin' top-secret entry stuff? The only road out of the small town, besides the main entry to the base, goes on and on until the race site, all the while surrounded by dense wooded area (And the patrol cars don't go back that far). If this truly is at the top of the list for bombing (by our enemy) should we enter a nuclear war, they sure are being modest about it. Perhaps the entrance to the underground area is in the museum. I was wondering what that 'Staff Only' sign meant...

Any links appreciated

[Edited on 2-23-04 by Carvador]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hey if they fooled ya man then they did their job didn't they? Makes you wonder what is under the mountain though doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yea, I forgot the mountain. It is very amusing to visit, though. It kinda seems like you're in an funhouse or something, like everyone is putting on an act. This is mainly because, if it is indeed such an important base, the populace of the base act as if it is merely their own small, unimportant town. Especially the museum guys. Trying to distract you by talking about the Apache wars and how it is the last base that has been open since then.

OH YEA, I kinda left out something important... lol. My dad, when he was racing, noticed a few barbed bunkers deep within the woods. Definitely underground, and definitely huge if it does expand that far into the woods. I didn't notice anything, but I'm confused as to why Army Intelligence would let people gather to an event near the bunkers... even if you couldn't get anywhere near them.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There is a lost treasure hoard of gold bars at this fort. It is a legend that goes back to just before ww2. Two men discovered an underground vault with gold bars and made a pact to keep it secret. One died in the war and the other finally told somebody when he was too old to recover it. The Army went searching for it and the official story is that it was never found.....................

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
huachuca-www.army.mil...

/\/ight\/\/ing

new topics

top topics

join