It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the terrorists know where to fly?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just wanted to say "experience, shmexperience"!!! When it comes to flight simulators, just spend an hour in one (a real one, not microsoft, or the arcade) and unless you are a total mental reject you'd be "able to fly" like superman compared to someone who's only experience is coach class seats. Now, I'm not saying you'd be a wartime flying ace red baron wannabe, just in terms of "flight time" you'd know a lot more than most. When I worked at the air wing in japan (navy, not air force) my department was in charge of the flight simulators for the "new" F/A-18E during the transition (for some odd reason). I wasn't personally in the fight sim group but during off hours we'd hang out in the SCIF and "fly". I'll admit, landing the sim back on a carrier sucked big time (thank god it wasn't real) but as for flying I took a trip from Japan to Houston, TX with no problems (except for the bogies that attacked out of pearl harbor ... never let the enlisted run the system...lol) anyway, what I'm trying to say is that even though I wouldn't trust ME with a fighter jet for real, I think if I was a back seater and the pilot croaked, I'd at least know what to do to keep control, even after only a few hours worth of sim training.

And this post is not meant as an offense to the previous posters who talked about sims, especially the crewchief on the blackhawk, I've found myself in the back of blackhawks, pavehawks, pavelows and even a C-130 with the ramp down many times, all I can say is thank god for crewchiefs!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
even though the terrorists apparently had little experince of flying an airliner it wouldnt be too difficult to do if they knew how to turn on the autopilot (assuming that it wasnt already on) which is quite simple, then setting the course, speed and altimeter ( quite easy ) then turning to the onboard flight computer located in the centre panel, by scrolling through the menu they could set the autopilot to head towards an airport near to new york then manually point the aircraft at the buildings they are aiming for.

This can be learned in a matter of hours using a flight simulator (microsoft Flight sim or equ ) and a basic flight map that can be purchased online or from a airshow etc.

sorry but with a little flight knowledge this wouldnt be much of a problem at all

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Why do you people think the terroists are stupid there not. They know full tank of fuel from Boston to NY will make a big bang.Yeah Bush thought this up please.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Don't planes fly by longitude and latitude? So long as you have the coordinates and flight experience you are half way there.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
wow my thread still active. I guess i came up with a good question. anyways terrorists are dumb because they believe that if they kill themselves they will end up in heaven with 72 virgins. (is that the right amount) if terrorists blow themselves up how come they didnt blow up in there country. there are alot of people there and the people that terrorists hate.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by 024ORP]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 024ORP
wow my thread still active. I guess i came up with a good question. anyways terrorists are dumb because they believe that if they kill themselves they will end up in heaven with 72 virgins. (is that the right amount) if terrorists blow themselves up how come they didnt blow up in there country. there are alot of people there and the people that terrorists hate.

They are not dumb in the sense, yes it’s dumb to kill yourself, but they carried the plan out well. They are misguided and brought up to think that this is the way to do it, in the end they where pretty smart, not to mention, didn’t some of them have excellent results in University and obtain good degrees?

So Crazy, Evil, Brainwashed, Misguided, yes. Dumb, No.

Oh and I thought it was 27 Virgins, LOL... not sure either.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Sometimes after your first hour, yes only your first hour, you are able to take the controls and fly yourself (with your instructor next to you of course), I was. Flying is easy, it’s the landing and taking off that’s the difficult part, and from what I remember that part wasn’t needed when slamming the planes into buildings!

I took the controls with only MSFS experiance when I was about.... Nine maybe? Few years later I got to loop a T-28.

Not sure if your home-based flight simulator programs mention that last bit!! Hmmmm?

Yes, I did understand that last bit prior to your post, and two, I don't get my information from Flight Simulator programs. However, you CAN get home-based Flight Simulator programs that can.

How the hell did you get 200 hours by the time you're 16? You must be made of money or something!

P.S. Anyone else in Melbourne, Australia at the moment? Look outside. THE SKY IS PINK. It's like a freaken cartoon.

[edit on 2/4/2008 by C0bzz]

[edit on 2/4/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz

P.S. Anyone else in Melbourne, Australia at the moment? Look outside. THE SKY IS PINK. It's like a freaken cartoon.

Yea, your getting a big dust storm coming in. Just seen it on the news, lol Enjoy.

Mikey

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GUMBAZ

GROW UP! CAN you say that in English. i speak that. not whatever your talking about it. this is the last time im wasting my time replying to you.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Well if they were experienced at flying commercial aircraft, problem solved

None of the middle eastern airlines fly Boeing. They buy all their planes from Airbus. They are quite different.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by moniker

moniker, you say NONE of the middle east airlines fly Boengs? Gosh, just go look up seatguru(dot)com .... Emirates flies B777

WW

[adding]...maybe few have heard of Emirates...but I'm guessing lots of people have heard of EgyptAir? They have B737-800s over there, and fly B767s across the Atlantic. I personally traveled on EgyptAir B767. Weird note: They had a Koran in a niche near the cockpit....

[edit on 2-4-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Care to produce evidence of such claims? As the only evidence I have ever seen from any of you "no plane" people is the claim in and of itself, and mention of pilots which seem to never have names...

I have never seen a single one of you produce any real evidence which can prove your claim without any doubt correct, Just bs assumptions based of off stuff you cant figure out with your simplistic mind sets...

You take something that your lack of experience in a particular field doesn't compute with and you base your whole theory of of your own ignorance...

Its a joke to true 9/11 investigation.
This theory stops in PA and DC, As there is to my understanding no proof of planes in either of these locations, The WTC no plane theory of holograms and all that crap is a joke, to many videos, to many eye witnesses ect.

C0le,

Thanks for your input, it's greatly appreciated. What I didn't appreciate was the "simple mind sets" comment that you had to throw in there. Please, I don't insult you or other poster's for their opinion so please do not inslut my intelligence. I am a college graduate and an American living in the United States and since we are a "civilized" country with "civilized" people, I prefer we keep it that way with open minds and open opinion. Insulting someone for their "theories" or "beliefs" is not the way to go and makes you look more like the media pundits who use intimidation and insulting tactics to ward off would-be "truthers".

Back to topic, I can recommend some videos for you to check out. Besides the John Lear interview I posted earlier which you actually responded to so I hope you watched them, there is "September Clues", "9/11 Octopus". Also, there are many videos on YouTube that analyze the "LIVE" footage from 9/11 that was played on the national media. Here are a few....

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Also, where is the wreckage from the "planes" at both towers??? Where are the bodies?? Where are the flight data recorders??? These things don't just get vaporized!!!

Why is it ok to believe that no planes hit the Pentagon or crashed in PA, but we're crazy if we think no planes hit the towers????

Cheers,
Purduegrad05

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Purduegrad05

Thanks Purduegrad, it will be intersting to watch those videos....but isn't this a thread about 'how' they could fly the airplanes? I didn't think it was about whether or not there WERE ariplanes, that seems to get covered elsewhere.

WW

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Thanks Purduegrad, it will be intersting to watch those videos....but isn't this a thread about 'how' they could fly the airplanes? I didn't think it was about whether or not there WERE ariplanes, that seems to get covered elsewhere.
WW

Quite right weedwhacker, I apologize if I have gone off-topic and if anyone doesn't want to discuss this then I can stop, not a problem. I just thought I could offer a different view on what really happened since I like the "controversial" issues, the credible ones of course.
For this one in particular, since I believe there were no planes I thought it might be relavant to those who believe there were and off them an alternative.

Since the "hijackers" were such terrible pilots to begin with, which was and still is uttered by all our media sources and in many documentaries and even in the interview I first posted with John Lear. They all agree the "hijackers" were horrible pilots and combining that with the lack of wreckage at all "crash" sites, it stands to reason that there were no planes used that day at all. Combine that still with the evidence, for example, of the maneuvers taken by the "hijackers" while trying to fly into the Pentagon which was reported in the official reports. Professional pilots have said that even the best pilots could not pull those aerial maneuvers off.

I guess the biggest question is, if there were planes, where is the wreckage at Shankville, PA.???????
www.youtube.com...

We've all seen other plane crashes with wreckage, bodies, luggage, fuelsalage, wings, tail section, the massive engines, etc. So why should this one be any different??

Purduegrad05

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well, that 'youtube' link was a waste of four minutes, UNLESS you paid attention to the ATC tapes. Can you really claim that UA93 was 'faked' when you hear that?

Once again, this isn't about wreckage (or lack thereof)....but these kind of impacts were unprecedented, and the kinetic energies involved are incredible. Check out the USAir crash in Pennsylvania, in the 1990s...a B737 straight into the ground, while on downwind for landing at....Pittsburgh, if I remember correctly. Of course, it wasn't going 480Knots when it impacted....but it's worth researshinc for a comparison...

WW

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

None of the middle eastern airlines fly Boeing. They buy all their planes from Airbus. They are quite different.

None of the Middle Eastern Airlines fly Boeing? Lets have a look shall we....

Etihad Airways has 1 Boeing 767 and 5 Boeing 777’s.

Emirates has 58 Boeing 777’s, with 39 more on order.

Qatar Airways has 2 Boeing 777’s, with 38 more on order, they also have 30 B787’s on order.

Iraqi Airways has 2 B727’s, 5 B737’s and 2 B767’s.

Ariana Afghan Airlines has 4 B727’s and 4 B737’s on order.

Egypt Air has 8 B737’s, with 8 more on order, and 5 B777’s, with 8 more on order.

Saudi Arabian Airlines has 24 B747’s and 23 B777’s.

Iran Air has 9 B747’s and 4 B727’s.

Need I go on to the rest of the Middle eastern Airlines?

Before making statements like that, at least do some bit of research to back it up.

Mikey

[edit on 2/4/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

Thanks, Mikey!!

You did much more research than I could bother doing....it is appreciated!!

WW

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RexxCrow

You asked if planes fly by Lat/Long....well, only if overwater.

Thanks to GPS, it is even more accurate, when overwater.

Funny, though, GPS helps even on 'domestic' flights, whether domestic USA or domestic in any other country...because the IRS platforms, the laser gyros, get constant updating...all three of them, even though there are two GPS receivers....but they all blend together, to provide the 'calculated' airplane position....and it is very accurate, compared to what we had years ago....

Next phase, and it's starting already, GPS Instrument Approaches..So far, they are 'non-precision' approaches, at least for airlines...but 'precision' appraches are coming....

WW

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join