It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the terrorists know where to fly?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pro420
ANOTHER THING I JUST THOUGHT OF. iF THE PLANE TRACKERS WERE TURNED OFF THEN HOW COULD ANY ONE GET A HOLD OF THE PLANE AND TALK TO THEM??????? AND HOW COULD THE CONTROL CENTER (I CANT THINK OF THE NAME) TELL THEM WHERE TO FLY????????????????

---------------------------------------------------
People are conditioned to believe fiction, rather than facts

NATIONAL COMMISSION ON TERRORIST ATTACKS UPON THE UNITED STATES, Public Hearing, Friday, May 23, 2003 : Mr. Mineta: "There was a young man who had come in and said to the vice president, "The plane [Flight 77] is 50 miles out...30 miles... 10 miles out" - Cheney knew this plane was coming at Washington and the Pentagon and yet no planes had been scrambled to protect Washington after over 1 hour since the WTC was attacked.

www.reopen911.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Most, if not all, commercial carriers are equipped with a flight computer which a part of is the "autopilot". A plane follows a set flight plan on commercial routes that are pre-designated. You can even look up the air routes online or in the stupid pseudo-magazines that the airlines put in their seat back pockets. All it would take would be for a pilot to change the destination on the system to, let's say NY city, and once you get close to NY you can then turn off the "autopilot" and crash into any building you want to. I've never been to NY but I can tell which building is the Empire State Building or the WTC just from watching law and order or any other NY based TV show. Same for the Pentagon, it is after all the only Pentagonal shaped building in the area if not the world.

As for changing the destination, all you need to do is go into travelocity or expedia and type in your destination city and the airport/airfield designator will come up.

The real question should be how did the terrorists get into the cockpit with just a box cutter? Apart from taking a hostage and demanding to be let in or bum rushing the cockpit with two or more terrorists I don't think it should have been so easy to get in at least before someone got a message off to control. And if 5 planes all report a disturbance (if they didn't realize it was terrorist) the FAA should have gotten the hint.

Oh, I almost forgot, I'm not saying it WASN"T a conspiracy, it most definitely was (whether it was a terrorist conspiracy or a government one) I'm just throwing in my two cents as to the OP's question.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Apex Predator]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Apex Predator

You have to use coordinates when you reroute your flight path. If I'm not mistaken, you don't just type in "New York City" into the destination box, and hope that the plane takes you there.

These "cave dwellers" would not have known the coordinates unless they had insider help. And if they had insider help, doesn't the "Some crazy cave hippie sent 19 kids out to destroy America" theory thus become horse#?

-Edited for Spelling

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Double Eights]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

Ah, but don't forget, these weren't your typical "cave dwellers" as you so succinctly put it. Many of the hijackers were students or professionals of some sort. The terrorists that ARE cave dwellers are what you see in Iraq or Afghanistan. Those "suicide" bombers are stuck in a crappy situation and are coerced or tricked into doing those attacks. Of course, not all insurgents are coerced or tricked. When it comes to what used to be known as "international terrorists" for the most part they are the most dangerous. Many are smart, well educated, intuitive people, sort of like a fundamentalist hannibal lecter, and they actually believe in the rhetoric put forth by guys like Osama Bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri, etc....

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyknockers
The auto pilot is programmed to follow a GPS path or home in on a radio beacon. No need for ground control. Just program your new destination and the plane will fly itself there.

--------------------------------------------
People still believe that Planes hit the Towers, just because it was shown as such in the media on that fatal day of 9/11 on the TV. Cheney was busy on that day with Norad doing some plane acts, while the Explosives for demolishing the WTC were being detonated, that brought down the WTC. There never were any Planes that hit the WTC, except what was shown as an animated image to fool the public. It was shown over a 1000 times to implant it in the brain-box.

Check out this link : www.reopen911.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apex Predator

Ah, but don't forget, these weren't your typical "cave dwellers" as you so succinctly put it. Many of the hijackers were students or professionals of some sort. The terrorists that ARE cave dwellers are what you see in Iraq or Afghanistan. Those "suicide" bombers are stuck in a crappy situation and are coerced or tricked into doing those attacks. Of course, not all insurgents are coerced or tricked. When it comes to what used to be known as "international terrorists" for the most part they are the most dangerous. Many are smart, well educated, intuitive people, sort of like a fundamentalist hannibal lecter, and they actually believe in the rhetoric put forth by guys like Osama Bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri, etc....

I'll let you in on a little secret, we have no clue who the 19 hijackers were. At least half of them are still alive, and victims of identity theft. The real hijacker remains were never found nor identified, so we have no idea who they were nor do we have any idea of their intelligence.

Until the government comes out and tells you by name who the 19 hijackers were, you will never know how much "Schooling" these people had.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I agree, if the whole shebang was a conspiracy by the US government then you are totally right. We'll never know. But, my reply was about Mohammed Atta et al... I should have said that in my post. I meant that the "hijackers" that we do "know" about, those guys and others like them are usually smart but fundamentalist. But, then again if it was a US operation, they were probably pretty smart right, I mean, to be able to pull it off and get away with it (for the most part, WE might have doubts but not many others are willing to believe anything but the party line).

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Weedwhacker-
how do u know that they had a good idea of how the plane works? When the "terrorists" went to flight school the instructors said that they hardly spoke any English and that they think it was impossible for them to fly. I heard that from one of the 9/11 videos.

--------------------------------------------------

Lets suppose for a moment that the FBI story about the so called Hijackers are true, that they hijacked the planes with 'boxcutters' and flew them into the WTC........OK, so they should have been DEAD. Why are they still Alive :

Hijackers Alive

www.reopen911.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by scrapple

How was this number obtained by a radio-silent and "known by Reagan’s tower as a hijacked flight” crew?
By tuning the radios to any low-level sector in the area or Potomac Approach Control. Just because they weren't talking to ATC doesn't mean that they could not have overheard controllers talking to other aircraft.

How did the terrorist know where to fly……………………………………………….
By tuning in to the DCA VOR.link

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Karlhungis

MAybe at that time they didnt have GPS. IF they did i dont think the terrorists would be smart enough to use it.

That's right! Terrorists are all dumb. The good guys are all brainy. It's that simple.

Brainy beats dumb. We know that. Therefore the good guys beat the terrorists.

Are you a terrorist?

[edit on 31-3-2008 by AotearoaSon]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by qwertz

How can you be so naive, really?

If GPS did know the airplanes exact situation, and was used to fly them to exact waypoints, and those equipments were really used... Why NORAD didnt know that, who really controls the whole GPS systems!

Do you really think that satellite work only for one way? My gosh!

You sounds like childrens over here... Just so blind naive sheeps. Just stop denying, it doesnt help you. Take a look from open window in front of you!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights
I'll let you in on a little secret, we have no clue who the 19 hijackers were. At least half of them are still alive, and victims of identity theft. The real hijacker remains were never found nor identified, so we have no idea who they were nor do we have any idea of their intelligence.

Until the government comes out and tells you by name who the 19 hijackers were, you will never know how much "Schooling" these people had.

I'll let you in on a little secret, we know who the hijackers are and people who claim that are alive don't look like any of the dead hijackers as they have claimed as victims. And the remains are unidentified because their families are not going to an angry America to help out. Whats left of the remains are left abandoned.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Janus, please take some time to read back, and understand how the IRS works....the IRS is an improvement on the earlier design, the INS...the real diff is the use of 'virtual' gyros, as in laser-ring, in lieu of the mechanical gyros. No moving parts, much better reliability!!!

Just to emphasize, once more....just because there is a GPS receiver on board the airplane, doesn't mean it works backwards!!!!

Thanks, hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
6 Mins after American flight 77 was hijacked the responder was turned off. I think it might take longer than 6 mins to turn it off. Does any1 else think that's weird? GPS is monitered by satellites so the government knew exactly where the planes where. little dick cheney knew where the plane was heading and where is was. Remember the Government knows all.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The aircraft had something called a flight management computer or FMC that has a database of navigational beacons. These navigation beacons are identified by individual radio frequencies that aircraft without GPS use to fly. Although most FMC's are not as straightforward as GPS, they are easily learned. All that whoever was piloting the aircraft after they diverted off the filed flight path had to do was enter in a new course for the nearest navigation beacon. It was a clear day and when they got to New York and Washington D.C., whoever piloting the aircraft was able to identify the targets.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Just to emphasize, once more....just because there is a GPS receiver on board the airplane, doesn't mean it works backwards!!!!

My friend is one of head engineers in Nokia, in department of developing GPS units to your pockets, witch maybe is ticking all the time in there... We have talk lot of about this issue, because I do ask about that, what is all the time tracking our individual situations... What... Why is that?

I Promise you by his words, that GPS works always to two ways.

Ask your government why they accept this new communication bill, why CIA has their agents in Finland in Nokia, and my friend, when I ask about CIA, he show two business cards from your beloved government. They are there, making friends with my friends... When I ask, what is his security level, he said that he didnt know exact, because he has access to everywhere and all those places... Just example. "I was one time in Finland security service, and they did some questions..." Engineer are wise, but not very lightened.

So, do you want ask me something about your mobile phone?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dubyakadubla

--------------------------------------------
People still believe that Planes hit the Towers, just because it was shown as such in the media on that fatal day of 9/11 on the TV. Cheney was busy on that day with Norad doing some plane acts, while the Explosives for demolishing the WTC were being detonated, that brought down the WTC. There never were any Planes that hit the WTC, except what was shown as an animated image to fool the public. It was shown over a 1000 times to implant it in the brain-box.

Check out this link : www.reopen911.org...

Its these types of "theories" that enrage Americans, its these types of "theories' that turn them off to idea of a legitimate 9/11 investigation, and its these types of "theories" that make 9/11 truth as a whole look like a joke, Don't hypothesize on what you think, But rather what we know, Follow the funds, the connectiond between those involved ect, Thats ALL we need to prove, The rest will fall into place.

Creating a "theory" then trying to make it fit into what happened gets you nowhere, it doesn't work like that, You take what we know as fact and see where it leads, If it leads somewhere you don't like you don't change it up to make it fit your idea of what you want to be fact, But rather follow it through to find out what is fact

And I'm not for one minute saying what did or did not happen, What I'm saying it that Joe Schmoe, ie: all the people in America and the world for that matter that we need to hear our voice, Isn't going to buy that story no matter how much you think it makes sense... They will turn you off and have.

The only way to kick the door open is to follow the money trails, follow the connections, find the holes in their version of the story and rip it to pieces with fact, not theory

[edit on 31-3-2008 by C0le]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrolimeade

You pretty much nailed it.

During the turn back to the east, the frequency of the right VOR receiver was set to 111.0 MHz, corresponding to the VOR station located at Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA). At the time the DCA frequency was selected, the station was too far away for its signals to be received by the receiver. The right VOR receiver remained tuned to the DCA VOR for the remainder of the flight, except for a 1-minute period at 9:15. The left VOR receiver was tuned to various frequencies, but was tuned to 113.5 (AML in Herndon, VA near Dulles Airport) at approximately 9:08. At approximately 9:18, the left distance measuring equipment (DME) began receiving information from the AML VOR. After receiving the DME signal, the airplane remained on a constant heading towards the Washington area. At 9:32, both VOR receivers were tuned to the DCA VOR.Source

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

Just asking, if you think that using FM signal "position correction" system, witch can probably lead the plane to its destination as normal planes back up system, if GPS plotter fails down, but how in earth you can shut all the electrics from running in GPS chips? Doing that without shutting all the planes electric systems and generators, witch would probably crash the plane?

[edit on 31-3-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
if the responders were turned off how did the government know where flight 77 was headed???

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join