It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone please debunk this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I tried to debunk it but I can't. I would ask my fellow debunkers from the dark side to join in and try to prove it fake.

I know it's ages old, been posted before but come to think of it, it looks really interesting. If the video is authentic, it surely seems the object has mind of its own and changes direction when being fired upon by something that looks like a laser. There's no basis in saying it's a debree.

Now, the laser thing could be explained away as a shooting star coming from different angle. Could this be a more down-to-Earth explanation?

IMO this is the key aspect of this video. The "laser".

I don't know. But hey, why waste time on bunch of crappy UFO videos and neglect this one? This one's the best we have, maybe better then the so called Tether incident (blown out of proportion in my oppinion).

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
this has been far from neglected! There're a ton of threads on this one. I ain't read'em so I don't know it if's been debunked. Personally,I think that the reaction between the 2 moving objects is indicitive of intelligent control.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Breadfan

It could be anything. Grainy footage from space is not the best way (or even an acceptable way) to figure out what's going on out in space, which is why astronomers use more advanced techniques for observing the universe. It could be the flash was from some booster on whatever had the camera firing up, and the acceleration that "light" undergoes could very well be related. That would certainly make more sense than some sort of galactic ballet involving NASA weaponry and aliens.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The tether incident and this are probably 2 of the best videos of this sort of stuff and they got me interested in sites like ATS in the first place... Well, I was interested before that but I didn't know there were dedicated sites, just scattered videos.

I wish I'd seen some better explanations on both incidents. The 'laser' one you mention is especially strange.

This sort of thing always makes me want to go out into a field and lie there with binoculars. :p Maybe I'll see something interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
wow that looks weird, and really real? looks like something firing at a moving object that looks like it is under intelligent control. freaky and very star trekkish/battlestar galacticaish.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The standard explanation is that its the thrusters firing on the shuttle

This seems to cover it as far as I can see.

There is a flash of light, which would have been caused by light reflecting off the gas.
The objects move in accordance with a jet of gas being fired from below the viewpoint.
If you remember that what youre viewing is 3dimensional, then the objects do behave accordingly
If you look just below the highlighted area, you'll see a 2nd 'UFO' same size. Just after the flash, it also moves upwards, at a different speed. So we now have 3 objects all moving in different angles at different speeds

Here's a little game to play aswell. Track the ufo with your mouse. Then let go the moment you see the flash. You'll notice the 'missile' does not go anywhere near the ufo.

OK, not everyone buys this story, so lets consider it from a different view point and what you believe is what youre seeing.

I cant believe that we'd be stupid enough to fire on aliens, but then again..
Why would the aliens run away, when surely they're going to have better weapons and probably supplied us the weapons spec in the first place.
Moving slightly aside would have meant the weapon would have missed.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Although your explanation was pretty insightful, I'm still not too convinced it's simply a jet of gas. The laser thing just doesn't look to me like any shuttle residue nor it seems to be originated from the shuttle itself, rather from the Earth. It's too thin and moves very fast.

As for your comment on the object not really being targeted, hmm.. you could be right BUT what if the 'object' detected the launch a lot earlier and had more time for reaction and thus making it all seem like a shot being far off.

Remmeber those Air to Air missiles modern jets use? You can see them from far distance being launched and have time to evade them - with the exception of american AIM-120 who leaves no smoke trail at all (which makes it extra deadly).

I don't know dude..

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Maybe we were test firing a new laser gun and the ufo new about it but almost took to close a look at it when we fired it. Still a good video and I just once would love to take a trip into space and orbit the earth. I wonder what I would see?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It sure does look like a missile or similar to me. Is it standard procedure to film earth from this position? seems like its kinda lined up, could be weapon testing of some kind. It took about 4 seconds to see the missile after the flash. Anyone now how fast it would travel if the object came from earth. Could the flash be because of exiting the atmosphere?

Nice video indeed

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ntenzpunishment

It looks far more like some dust being blown about by boosters on the space shuttle than a rocket/missile. As this is the only evidence of this "incident", guessing anything further into it is pointless.

Chalk a line under it, file it under "interesting", and let it be.

top topics

join