It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you tell your younger self?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
1)Learn to read music as a kid.

2)DON'T stuff myself with loads of bread trying to 'bulk up' from middleweight to heavyweight boxing class.

3)LET GO OF THE SAIL..Speedboards and trees don't mix.

3)DON'T get involved with the 'psycho twins'

4)DON'T do tricks on Steve's motorbike in Rhodes.(or at least try and miss the wall:bnghd:

As for the other 'bad' stuff.. I wouldn't have missed it for anything

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I would tell myself not to take those pills that almost caused my death.

That's about it, oh, and slap myself.

-Will

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I would tell myself "I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!"

That's from Saturday Night Live for those who didn't catch it. lol

Seriously, I would still pretty much tell myself that along with enjoy life, takes
chances and don't worry about embarrassement for life is too short.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Excellent thread. It really has the potential to help a lot of people if we do it right.

I would tell myself:

- You can't find happiness in the minds of others....

- What you invest in now will most likely pay off later (this applies to school, stocks, careers, etc)...

- Learn a profession or trade that will serve you well no matter where you live or what the economy is like...

- The only people who truly matter in this world are most likely not even born yet, so don't sweat the crowd...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I would tell my little young self.

don't worry about what other people think. because most of them aren't thinking
about anything. They just think they are.

whatukno:

What an amazing likeness of yourself..What does he say when you show him your old pic? Chip off the old block!!

[edit on 31-3-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

And definitely when you think they are thinking about you...they aren't, they are thinking about themselves...everytime.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

What would you tell your younger self?

I would tell my younger self I would have plenty of time to party, and have a good time. I would tell myself not to have started doing such things at such a young age.
I would have told my younger self to stay away from fire! FIRE bad!!!
And I would also have to tell my younger self, that love is going to come along one day and it will be extreamly powerful love, unlike anything I have ever known. And to hold on to that dearly! And never to just pass it off like it was nothing.. TO cherish that becasue one day she would be gone forever...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have only two things I would tell my younger self:

1) Don't start smoking
2) Take school seriously, there's plenty of time to party later

Knowing me, I would have completely ignored myself.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I say "thats me" he says "thats me" endless debate continues.
Although I find it a little satisfying that no matter what she will always have to look at my face.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'd tell my younger self to get a life, keep the day job, lose some weight and don't worry about the future because there's nothing waiting at the end of the tunnel.
:w:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Oh god .... I would have told myself many things:

a.) Study harder for Physics & Chemistry and do your darn homework. Your teacher gives it to you for a reason.
b.) Study more for your Grade 8 Piano exam, stop doddling and trying to coast your way through it. You'll fail.
c.) Stay away from "Radioshack" guys. You don't need to be "involved" with either of them. The staff discount isn't worth it.
d.) Be nicer to your mother, she is stressed out enough without you questioning her authority.
e.) Pay more attention to whats happening around you.
f.) The Star Volley-ball Player, the Jock? Yeah, don't waste your time.
g.) Learn to balance your life...too much of something is not good.
h.) Save your Money. You don't need all that crap.

I don't think i would have listened. I would have wanted to experience it all for myself anyway....

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the replies. They are definitely very very interesting replies. I wish I know more why some of you said all of those things, but I prefer not to intrude, it's up to you.

As for myself, I would tell myself to watch out for certain people, give myself some health tips, and advice myself to enjoy life more.

I would tell myself to go easy on myself in life and in my study. It is like when you try to learn how to play a piano or a guitar, there is no need to do things perfectly every step of the way. And of course wish him good luck in his journey.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'd tell me to get married at age 8, have 4 kids by age 12 otherwise to forget having a family because the earth is going to end 2012... haha... oh man i hope that doesn't happen...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Due to recent development I'm gonna add,

Take engineering instead of business. And not to just STAY AWAY from some people but also to stay away from some countries, yes countries.

That I should not be away from my loved ones far too long, and for me to finish the job as quickly as I can and go home.. coz it's ruthless out there. And if I don't get the job done quickly, I'll get stuck with very very bad people (that will become a major drag in this life of mine) and I'll be away from my loved ones even longer than necessary.

Yes people, I know some of the very dangerous kind of people that exist in the present world.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I would tell myself, don't spend too much time in Art College.

and later, "don't spend all your time with that guitar"

Yes, I've done the starving artist deal and the hungry musician bit, gave it up because I had bills to pay.

It was fun though.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I would tell my younger self lots of things. First off don't smoke or do drugs. then, apply yourself in school. You are wicked smart, and it doesn't matter if highschool is bull crap. Play by their rules, so when you get out you can change their rules.

Which leads to the next, go to college. Stick with it, with a few years of sacrafice the rewards will be great. You are more likely to have a nice home, a modest vehicle, and a comfortable lifestyle.

Also, don't worry about what others think about you, it's their trip. More than likely they are worrying about what you are thinking of them. In fact, go out of your way to let others feel accepted. Lead by example.

Also, build credit. Protect it like a hawk. It's almost like social life blood in a capitalist community. Do not take money for granted. Fast food is expensive, eat at home and eat healthy food. Be kind to yourself. Build a sturdy footing, and the rest will follow.

[edit on 1/31/2009 by eye open doors]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I would tell myself to wait......there is no need to hurry things along. If it is right, it will happen.

Vague I know

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I would tell my younger self to stay away from alcohol, drugs, and boys .Period.
Just do your homework and go to college like mom always wanted.

yes, i'm quoting myself...i needed to add this..
"DON"T QUIT THE DANCE CLASSES!!!!!"
bonehead...:shk:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You're doing alright, kid. Keep it up. It will all make sense one day. No, really.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

For me this one is easy - it would be even better if i could just show 1 single image, no need for speach:

When I was about 3 years old, i was on one of those rocking horse things in the playground, little me on the very last seat. The rest of the kids were all about 13 years old and they rocked it so hard i flew right over the top, , and landed on the cement. luckily i only slit my lip, but the only thought that went through my head as i went flying was a great big stop sign
Dont know why, guess my head saw what i couldn't get out. It was one of these type of rocking horses - guess they got deemed to dangerous as i struggled to find a present day picture of one - uggghh still gives me shudders:

[edit on 31-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

[edit on 31-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join