It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul McCartney - Ontario Provincial Police connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the inside booklet of the Sgt.Pepper album by the Beatles:
Look at his left arm.

Here's a picture of the Ontario Provincial Police logo:

Why?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is apparently on of the clues in the "paul is dead" hoax.

linky

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

6) On the back cover Paul is wearing an arm patch that says “OPD,” which is British police jargon for “Officially Pronounced Dead.” (The patch actually reads “OPP,” which stands for Ontario Provincial Police. Paul was given the patch while on tour in Canada.)

Thank you for the link, however it only says he received the badge while on tour in Canada.

I question why the OPP badge specifically?

Why not a Canadian flag or badges from other provinces and their police force?

Why not an emblem of England or Liverpool?

For a famous musician at that time such as P.M., to wear a specific emblem, connects him to that group. He could have some friends there, or family, but nothing is mentioned of that.

If I was to walk around with a Rastafarian jacket, people would associate me with that group.

I am not questioning the 'paul is dead' theory. Just the badge.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
just a thought but uhhh.....how many beatles were doing acid, and how many people staring at their album covers for clues were also doing acid?

paul probably thought at the time it was "far out" and wore it

"During an interview in 2001, Paul McCartney took credit for the peculiar spelling of the name, saying that "John had the idea of calling us the Beetles, I said, 'how about the Beatles; you know, like the beat of the drum?' At the time, everyone was stoned enough to find it hilarious. It's funny how history is made.""

point proven, i wouldn't read too much into symbols and things concerning the beatles as they were stoned

[edit on 31-3-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the links in this post and all the info. As far as Paul McCartney having that patch from the OPP, I think it was good that a friend from the force gave it to him so that he could wear it during the shoot for the art work for the Sgt. Pepper Album. It gave it a bit more flavor, I think.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The OPP shoulder patch is the most obvious but not the only OPP uniform piece used for the Sgt. Pepper outfits. Have a close look at some of the cap emblems as well.

As I understand things, the OPP was not thrilled to have their name identified with an album and a group so closely linked with the use of '___'. The suggestion was even given by some reporters that the OPP was endorsing the use of this drug by association.

The "Paul is Dead" link came from the theory that the replacement Paul was originally from Ontario, Canada. I have actually contacted the OPP to discover what they know about this and the official word is that no contact with the Beatles or any of their management has even taken place concerning the use of these emblems. It seems they know as little about the reasons as we do.

Pourlefun

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think it's very likely Faul had or has ties to the CIA or some other intelligence agency. It is likely that they recruit from police forces. Faul references to intell include the songs "Live and Let Die" & "Spies Like Us." Also, in an interview, Faul was asked what he'd be if he hadn't been a musician. Before he could answer, John Lennon quipped, "a policeman."

This backmasked song is also very interesting:

www.youtube.com...

"Used to Be Bad" from Flaming Pie.

Forwards

Hey, I used to be bad but I

Backwards

I'll now be with the CIA

Forwards

Hey, I used to be bad but I ain't gonna be bad

Backwards

I believe I'm lucky, I'll now be with the CIA

[edit on 27-5-2009 by faulconandsnowjob]