It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Connection Between Wicca and Science

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Some call it prayer, some would call it meditation, or perhaps, it would be called casting a spell. It is my belief however, that it could also be called the power of Intention. This has been brought up on Above Top Secret in length, and Below Top Secret as well.

In my recent study, I have a friend who is a practicing Witch. Wicca is as close to the original religion as one could come. Paganism was here first. In it's natural state, unaltered, and un-perverted, paganism practices nothing wrong. They believe in Earth. In Nature. In peace, love, and in goodness. They believe if you do harm someone, it will return on you three-fold.

To take this to my point however, I have discovered the comparison of Wicca/paganism to science. Or Intention.

According to Quantum physics, all things are connected. Entanglement is becoming common belief among physicists. That one thing can and will effect another even if on a whole other side of the globe. So the saying, "mind over matter" is true.

So in my opinion, and I could be completely wrong, I think Wiccans are only practicing science. They have discovered using their mind, and their energy to "cast spells". They Intend something, and believe it will happen. They draw on the power of the planet. And we all know that there is much power to be had.

Also, they believe that nothing is created, only temporarily used. And must be returned. (This is also scientific in thought)

So while they may not know what they are tapping into, at least by scientific definition, they are truly scientists.

As I said before, I could be completely wrong. But I posted this thread because I want to explore this theory, and open the discussion for other ideas.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Good post. I've been saying the same thing for years. It matters not which god you worship, but rather the intent itself.

It's very convenient for Christians to say that miracles occurring for non-christians are merely the Devil's doing in order to fool people. Quantum physics is starting to put to rest such ridiculous arguments and give us a model which can help explain previously unexplainable phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thank you. I think that the further we dive into Quantum Mechanics, the more we will discover this very point. I use to be a very devout Christian, and all was either black or white. No gray. So it was either God's work, or the devil's. But now I am seeing so much more. There really is a gray area.

I'm really excited about this. And though I am receiving a lot of resistance among Christians, I am winning over many as well. It's not an insult to God, or to believers, it is simply a matter of scientific evidence. And I believe there will only be more factual evidence as we progress into the future.

join