It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers Strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Truckers Strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Truckers are going to strike!\

April 1, 2008

10:00 am

Eye of Eagle

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I found this. They're planning to park their rigs on the highways for hours? Or it might be just a rumour? I don't know...

The Herald Bulletin - 7:47 p.m.: April foolin’? Truckers strike may be rumor

It could bring the county to a standstill: thousands of truckers parking their rigs on the nation’s highways for hours Tuesday in protest of escalating diesel fuel costs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Two big problems with the idea of a trucker strike, besides the fact that truckers are considered vital military suppliers and the case could be made that a strike is treasonous. Company drivers CAN'T strike. If they try it, they'll be fired and replaced by someone that WANTS to be out there driving. Secondly, independants that strike are going to go bankrupt. Shippers are going to find trucking companies that will move their cargo for them, and won't strike.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Are you sure that they are not all going to say "April Fools!"? Of all the days of the year to pick, why April Fools day?

Wouldn't they get sued by the companies of the products they are shipping? Wouldn't they get traffic tickets for parking on highways for hours? Wouldn't their trucks even get towed by truck towtrucks, even dare I say, impounded, for this sort of situation? I think the name-branded ones, like the Wal*Mart truckers, would they protest too?

Not so bad to me really. I could go a few weeks without products Made in China. I could handle a few weeks of no fuel for my auto, or the bus, and a few weeks of high prices for food and water. I am prepped for problems like this! I have been poverty-acclimated already. Bring on the big joke.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
All each and every one has to claim is they were stuck in traffic. Only takes 1 truck to block a highway with 10000 behind

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I ran into this one a day or 2 ago...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Maybe just April Fools, but we've all been fools long enough, haven't we? I certainly support any drivers who do strike. And I feel some of the trucking companies will also support a "strike." Maybe we should all just stay home for a week...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have a friend who is and has been a trucker for 14 years now, she is an independant driver, she said although there are many who have been talking about it, she has no knowledge of any strike plans. My bro in law is also a truck driver, he drives for a well known company, and again, he knows of no plans that are for a definate strike.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

wow!! Never thought of that, but how true it is. I know they're 'pretty' much at the forefront of striking when the ()&$# hits the fan; based on past history. Personally, if they did, I totally wouldn't blame them since Diesel has been higher since Bush came to town. I personally think having diesel being as high as it is is a bunch of BS! But, it plunges the economy because it pushes the price of everything up 'cuz it forces the truckers to pass the expense back to the shipper. ( I'm not a trucker period, but sure makes sense to me)

hmmmmm...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
how many people and truck drivers even think about april 1 being april fools day? people say they wont strike because they will go bankrupt. my brother in law is a truck driver and going broke while driving and says he cannot do it anymore. 600.00 out of pocket to fuel up on the start of a run. then he as most drivers do eats out every meal. well guess what food prices are increasing as well.

maybe its a april fool joke to some but losing money on fuel cost and high food prices and going broke every time he goes over the road is no joke to him so his rig is parked!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yeah, there still isn't a strike going on, just like I thought. Although it is a novel idea to stir up interest, it is not a possibility for many independant drivers to participate in any action like this one. Most likely if anything like a trucker's strike is stages it will only include those who are union.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Actually, some 3-4,000 drivers went on strike, and parked their rigs.

Unfortunately, and we had a long conversation on this already here, www.abovetopsecret.com... the company haulers aren't going to strike, because they can't stop their trucks. If all the independents stopped, it'd break this country, but then you have most Owner Operators who are ex-military and very patriotic, who won't do that.

No, an organized strike won't happen yet, but it's nearing fruition.

top topics

join