It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine Chicago Area Young People Gunned Down This Weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

CHICAGO -- A Sunday shooting in the Englewood neighborhood hospitalized an 18-year-old man Sunday afternoon. About 12:30 p.m., he was shot in the 6400 block of South Bishop St., police News Affairs Sgt. Antoinette Ursitti said. It is the ninth young person shot in Chicago area this weekend. Four have died.

www.wbbm780.com...

If I remember correctly, handguns are banned in Chicago. How could this happen? Maybe they neeed to watch and learn how they handle gun problems in D.C.

www.thehoya.com...

Soon after thegun ban went into effect, but while the city was still saturated with weapons registered before the ban, crime rates began to rise. By 1991, the D.C. murder rate had reached 80.6 per 100,000 residents. Two and a half percent of all residents, or 14,671 people, had fallen victim to a violent crime. By that point, Washington had become known as the “murder capital” of the United States. But soon — as the number of guns presumably began to decline — the long-term effects of the gun ban became clear. By 2005, the murder rate had dropped to 29 per 100,000, and the number of violent crimes had been reduced to 8,032.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You mean criminals don't obey the law?

Does this mean Obama had something to do with the banning of handguns in Chicago?

hmmm

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Not that I like the guy but Obama had nothing much to do with it that I know of. I don't eventhink he lived here then.

The Chicago ban was championed by the then Mayor Jane Margarete Byrne, a bleading heart Liberal. She even put on a little show for the poor folks living in the Cabrini-Green Housing Projects on Division St. with a pledge that, she would stay "as long as it takes" to clean up the housing project (one of many in Chi-Town).

She did this only after making sure the building was completely locked down with what amounted to a whole Precinct of CPD. And you guessed it armed with lots of what????????? "GUNS"!!!!!! This lasted for about a week if i remember correctly. Ok we'll say two for safe measure.

Since then her gun control torch has been caried by the likes of the big old Fascist Richard M. Daley our current Mayor, (not much but a gangster like his father Richard J. Daley) the esteemed hypocrite Rev. Jesee Jacka**, and other anti-gun nuts who seem to believe that somehow by taking guns from lawful citizens it will stop the murders. We have all seen it hasn't. So far as I've heard we have 20 kids killed thus far in Chicago this school year. But hey that gun ban is really working.

Can't really blame it on suburban guns either, we have bans in alot of our surrounding burbs. Here are a few Wilmette, Oak Park, Morton Grove, Evanston, Winnetka and those are only the ones that I'm positive about. There are many more.

And Daley has been on a campaign to destroy gunclubs and shops all around the Greater Chicagoland Area (ie. Chicago and Burbs) for quite some time. There is not 1 gun shop left within the city limits, and he has also used his political influence to get Cook County (Chicago and it's burbs are in Cook County) to pass a hand gun/assaultweapons ban and pressure the clubs and stores in the suburbs. And for the nay sayers yes Daley influence is that strong it is felt all the way down in Springfield (State Capital). Believe what you want but when Joseph Kennedy wanted his son to be President he went to see Richard J. Daley (R.M. Daley's Daddy). And where was the election decided? Yep, Chicago. So you see my point.

Any way Richard M. Daley (today's Mayor, the son) made sure that his O'hare expansion took the land that a famous Chicagoland gunshop (Gun World) sat on. In previous years he had a part in getting shops like Bell's Guns shut down and even a trap shooting range down by Belmont Harbor on the Lakefront shut down. Anyway, here in Illinois and more closely in Chicago we have to be vigilant to keep what little Gun rights we have left.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by lazy1981]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

That was a colorful, yet, very accurate history re-cap, lazy!
I, too, am a Friendly Illinois Boy up north in Lake County. The school age shootings are a very hot topic right now. It's not all about guns with the killings either. One of the kids was hit with a baseball bat in the head. The problem is that gangs find killing easier than any other option.

Ugly.

Cuhail

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thanks, I've lived here all my life and have stood witness to much. I'm not going to say that violence should be answered by violence that's never the answer; but as you can see I sure don't believe that taking our guns or rights away is going to solve a thing. Everyone has the right to live peaceably and also to deffend themselves if need be.

This in no way meens that I am detached from the suffering of the famillies or the loss of our youth. Not to say that it's rite but (I know people are going to get the wrong idea here) not all of these kids are innocent. As much as their families would like to believe or portray them in that light it's just not so. It doesn't make it any better but as I said I've been thru this, two of my friends that I grew up with were killed and I have to say that they weren't angels yet there family would have you believe so. Many more than that have been killed but those were the ones that were actually pretty bad.

Something indeed needs to be done but this ultra liberal idea that forcing a blanket law over the populace will fix a "social"problem, they are sadley mistaken. Gotta get up for work in the morn. Lazy out.

new topics

top topics

join