It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Could Make Case for Slavery Reparations at U.N.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He won't ask for reperations. Not with Zbigniew Brzezinski at his side. I think that any NWO-related people will have more influence on an elected official/politician than than any church.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
You know who Obama's "best buds" are? .. How would you even know?

Oh please - he hangs with them .. campaigns for them .. spends a whole lotta' time with them ... agrees with them or he wouldn't do so ... donates money to their 'causes' (Trinity) etc etc.

This article proves nothing.

Proves nothing. Right. BUT ... there is smoke and where there is smoke there is often fire. It's best to keep an eye on it.

who is BARRY O?

Barack Obama. In his earlier years he rejected the name Barack and went by the name Barry.

states he is AGAINST reparations.

Yep .. just another politician Says what he needs to in order to get elected but then reveals what he really wants - ala - "Read my lips - no new taxes." Bush 41.

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Zbigniew Brzezinski at his side.

VERY VERY good point!! The thing is .. so-called reparations can be used to reign in the masses and to control the $$$. The NWO gets uptight when the people have too much $$$. This is one way for them to control everyone.

I think that any NWO-related people will have more influence on an elected official/politician than than any church.

I fully agree.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If the blacks here in America are demanding reparations for slavery and unpaid labor then I would also like to formally file my grievance as well. You see, I am an ancestor of Irish and Scottish immigrants who came here to America and were highly discriminated against, forced to work menial jobs for little or no pay akin to endentured servitude, and openly treated like second class citizens by the ruling half.

Also, if these modern day blacks want our tax payers to break the national budget in order to give them hand outs then I say we non-black American citizens stake a claim against them in turn .

Why don't we sue the entire black population for running down our neighborhoods and our inner cities. Better yet, why don't we go after them in a civil suit for the many of them who are nothing more than domestic terrorists (gang bangers) who rob, rape and murder on a level that is several times greater than the next closest ethnic group. Or what say we grant reparations and then see if we can't take back every dollar of public funded aid, as well as welfare, minority scholarships, social security and so on.

Sure all black people arent gang members, much the same as all white people are not direct beneficiaries of slave ownership. My family members were poor tobacco farmers in Virginia, they never owned a slave and never took a hand out. And I even know for a fact that before and during the great depression my grandfather provided a place for one black family to live when they didnt have anywhere else to go. He provided them with food, shelter and clothing in exchange for help with the animals. Maybe I should think of suing the descendants of that black family for 80 years worth of back rent?

Ridiculous. People just aren't going to be happy until this country is dead and buried.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I see your point, but if you read the title it says "Obama Could Make Case for Slave Reparations at U.N." In other words, it's hypothetical.

I've never heard him say he would try to make a case for reparations, but I haven't heard him specifically say he wouldn't either. Why doesn't he just clear the air, and simply say "Yes" I believe in reparations" or "No", I don't believe in reparations. Why does he continue to skirt the issue?

Many of his supporters believe in reparations, and unfortunately people are judged by the company they keep.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You think that blacks are feeling repressed now? Wait until the day you tell them that everything is square and they're going to have to make it on their own from now on with no more entitlement payments. That's when the screaming and riots would really begin!

Personally I think that's how it should work out. Get rid of the entitlement payments and let everyone pull their own weight. Of course then people might have something to really complain about.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
What I want to know is when did Obama SAY he was going to fight for reparations? I'm really tired of people painting this whole thing with a wide brush just because his pastor said something. Does he have to beat his former pastor in to pulp before people are satisfied?

It's kinda getting silly now guys.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by centurion1211
Until the idea of making people pay "reparations" for something we had no control of goes away permanently, this is the reaction you are going to see.

And when a leading presidential candidate hangs around for over 20 years with someone that espouses that philosophy and even calls that person a "mentor", you're going to see this kind of reaction.

So, you relax ...

I've heard quite a few outlandish ones from many popular religious figures so if you're out to destroy radical ideas and absurd philosophies that we are all free to make...lol...good luck.

- Lee

Yeah, me too. I've heard quite a few "outlandish ideas" that there was just no way they could be adopted. Like drivers licenses and social security payments to illegal aliens. Like businesses open on U.S. President's day in California, but the state shuts down for Cesar Chavez day. The day for a migrant lettuce workers advocate trumps what used to be a U.S. national holiday? We're really screwed ...

So, you see it's quite "normal" to feel a sense of paranoia when ideas like this just don't seem to go away and you start to see news items about businesses and even states "apologizing" for slavery, which is only a first step towards reparations. Anyone with even a whif of this subject anywhere near them is definately going to get my (negative) attention.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
What I want to know is when did Obama SAY he was going to fight for reparations? I'm really tired of people painting this whole thing with a wide brush just because his pastor said something. Does he have to beat his former pastor in to pulp before people are satisfied?

It's kinda getting silly now guys.
I think most people believe that Barack Obama's character is in question due to the company he keeps. Reverend Wright is only one of his questionable associates. Add to that list Louis Farrakhan, his pastor's mentor who has made comments like:

Judaism is a 'gutter religion'; Jews are 'bloodsuckers'; Hitler 'was a great man'. Likewise, he talks of 'settling the score' with white people while proudly boasting that black street gangs are 'born warriors of true liberation'

Link

And then you have Dorothy Tillman, whose campaign Obama endorsed in 2007. Ms. Tillman is a very vocal advocate for reparations, and seems to tie slavery into every conceivable issue imaginable. Click on the above hyperlink to learn more about her.

In 2000, Tillman requested that two caucasian waiters at the Palmer House hotel in Chicago be replaced with African-American waiters for a banquet hosted by Alderman Tillman. Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley delivered a strongly-worded rebuke in the media. The two caucasian employees later sued the Palmer House.[1]

Honestly, can you say there's no reason to question his character when he continually associates and endorses people who promote ethnic divisiveness?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I never said there was NO reason to question his character. But I question his character on the things HE says. Not someone who said something random that Barack Obama may not even agree with. I have anarchist friends. Lots of 'em, But I don't associate myself with Anarchists because of the stupid crap they dribble out. This is no different. When I HEAR Barack Obama SAY these things HIMSELF then I will take issue with HIM. Until then, the responsibility for the comments lies on those who made them, not those associated with those who made them.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Well, John McCain describes as a "spiritual advisor" a preacher named Rod Parsley, who among other things has called for a war to destroy the "false religion" of Islam. He's also a key player in the Dominionist movement that seeks to turn the United States into an Iran-style theocracy, implementing the death penalty for gays & lots of other fun stuff.

So if we're doing the guilt by association thing, MCain's theocratic & blatantly genocidal friends are a lot scarier than Obamas merely obnoxious ones

Honestly, can you say there's no reason to question his character when he continually associates and endorses people who promote ethnic divisiveness?

[edit on 3/31/08 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You know as this thread goes, I just have to state again: Obama is going to get royally done-over with all this race stuff...

I see and understand now that he is being held responsible for alot of issues relating to race... and it's kind of un-nerving to see how we are on a hair-trigger in America with such topics as reparations and racism.

I don't think Obama is going to save this country but I still hate to see dirty politics used this way... because it's really effective.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The fact is that if that had been a white pastor on Youtube screaming that blacks were evil and yelling God Damn America, blacks would be crying bloody racist murder. They would have his head on a stick marching it through Harlem like it was down town Mogadishu. Al Sharpton and the rest of the race mongers would be swinging from the rafters, there would be a public outcry and denunciation from any and every liberal talking head in the news media, written and televised alike.

Imagine if a white pastor had said those things and a white presidential candidate had gone on television and defended him, saying that his message had truth and that he would continue to love and respect the man and still attend the same church.

There would absolutely be no end to the sensationalization and ridicule. But since it is a black pastor saying these things and a black candidate standing in his support, it seems that a lot of people are all too willing to look the other way or let it slide because somehow reverse racism against whites is now acceptable and ok. Seriously folks, look at what these people did to Don Imus, and what he said was a joke and nowhere even close to the rhetoric that this "pastor" is guilty of spewing.

If this had been a white pastor, there would be full blown protests and most likely racially motivated riots. The candidate in question would instantly be ruined and most likely made to step down from the race. But here we are, almost near election time, and people are looking past this like it is nothing. Wright appeared at his church yesterday to a standing ovation of applause.

Why is it that white people who say anything even remotely offensive towards someone are raked over the coals and blackballed instantly, where as black pastors can spew racial hatred and political propaganda that borders on treasonous, and people try to sweep it under the rug like it never happened.

Double standards are B.S. and should not be tolerated in any form, and for Obama to actually try and perpetrate the silly notion that he sat in this mans church for twenty some odd years and never once knew what his political agenda was about?

Come on Barak, I may have been born during the day, but it wasn't yesterday.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Double standards are B.S. and should not be tolerated in any form, and for Obama to actually try and perpetrate the silly notion that he sat in this mans church for twenty some odd years and never once knew what his political agenda was about?

Sat there for 20 years and "never inhaled" any of his mentor/pastor's racist and anti-American diatribes ...

Yes Barry O (and his supporters/defenders here on ATS), please explain why this double standard (aka hypocrisy) should not matter. Tell us that you have something more than just the democrat manifesto of "the ends justify the means" (to get your guy elected) to explain all this.

And don't try to answer with comments about Bush. We already know all about Bush. It's your guy we're talking about here.

[edit on 3/31/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Funny.
I just pointed out that McCain has his own much shadier friends - yet the people determined to defame "Barry O" ignore the fact that "guilt by association" works both ways.

If I "have to accept" that Obama supports reparations because his friends do, then I guess I "have to accept" that John McCain wants to turn the US into a theocratic state and declare war on the entire Islamic world

Unless of course there is another "double standard" at work here that you fail to mention, one rooted in partisan politics.

I think this is becoming more of a PTS thread than a news thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Well, I see you managed not to bring Bush into the discussion, but sadly couldn't resist an attempt to deflect this onto McCain.

Everyone that's been around awhile knows that the "the other guy did it, too" argument is just a euphemism for "I don't have an excuse for what my guy is doing".

Just be patient, you will see the issues you mentioned come up almost any time now. The difference, of course, is that you will be reading them in the New York Times and watching them on CNN, etc. instead of only reading it here.

Still a double standard where the media is concerned ...

[edit on 3/31/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Let's see. I saw the speech, listened very carefully. I didn't hear a defense of the pastor at all. He talked about what it represented to him, and he addressed the issues the lead people to those kinds of racist and offensive remarks, and feeling, and actions. But he didn't defend it. He broke it down to a history of what racism has become in this country. The pastor has been replaced. And forgiving and loving those that are misguided are Christian values, did it ever occur to you that this is the message here?

Like I said, does Obama have to beat the guy to death to prove to you that he disagrees? How far does it have to go to satisfy you?

Look you and I have agreed on many things. But a witch hunt is a witch hunt. I don't care what color the pastor was, I care only that we have to get rid of such a mentality and come together as Americans if we're ever going to fight the true enemy. The true divider of this country. Corporate America.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

In other words, you need to redirect the discussion because you can't honestly address my point.

Thanks for admitting that

If Obama is going to be identified with all the positions of his allies, McCain (and Clinton, Bush, Paul, or any other politician) ought to be too.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Man talk about an idea to in sight racial tensions , oh well more laws and retrictions on freedoms should solve the problem !

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by FlyersFan

He won't ask for reperations. Not with Zbigniew Brzezinski at his side. I think that any NWO-related people will have more influence on an elected official/politician than than any church.

so true, either way we're screwed, Billery or Obamha are bothe CFR stooges. Man wheres david kucinich' ,"snicker"
Zbiggy is one creepy dude

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Well, John McCain describes as a "spiritual advisor" a preacher named Rod Parsley, who among other things has called for a war to destroy the "false religion" of Islam.
I read nowhere in your posted link where McCain spent 20 years under Parsley's tutelage, and there's no mention of him having "called for a war to destroy the False religion of Islam".. I believe the article said:

Without specifying what actions should be taken to eradicate the religion, he essentially calls for a new crusade.

Even this is misleading since this is the author's interpretation of what Parsley wants, not what Parsley actually said..

He's also a key player in the Dominionist movement that seeks to turn the United States into an Iran-style theocracy, implementing the death penalty for gays & lots of other fun stuff.
Please show me where this Wikipedia citation associates Parsley with the Dominionist.. I couldn't find the connection.

By the way, I also found no profanity, no use of the Lord's name in vain, or any condemnation of his own country.

So if we're doing the guilt by association thing, MCain's theocratic & blatantly genocidal friends are a lot scarier than Obamas merely obnoxious ones
If that's the best you can find on McCain, it's no wonder he has gotten no negative press lately except for a few senile moments.

I could however cite you at least a page of infamous Reverend Wright quotes, Louis Farrakhan quotes, Al Sharpton quotes, etc..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join