It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good MMOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hi a few years back I heard World of warcraft was coming out so I eagerly waited for the game. Couldn't realy wait long enough so I played some star wars galaxies. Was totaly enthralled in the game. (This is before WoW.) Awesome game absolutely loved it. Then I had other stuff to do so I had to leave SWG for a bit. When WoW came out I was so dissapointed. I absolutely hate WoW. So then I switched back to SWG and was absolutely stunned with how horrible SWG became. So now I'm wondering if there are any good MMOs out or coming out. Keep in mind I like games like SWG used to be. Complex fun games that arn't balanced to a retarted level. What I mean is if I had the choice of a balanced game or a game wityh 38 distinct different classes I'd rather have the latter.
So anyone have any suggestions.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
um... i like runescape and maple story is a fad right now but i dont really like it

JbT

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Give Vangaurd a try maybe. Though, I think its having problems too. You need a great CPU to be sure. I played it for about a 2 weeks after release and it was still really buggy.

Age of Conan is coming some time. Mature players (+18). Looking like its going to be good. Will require a top of the line CPU too. DirectX 10, etc.

WoW, I agree is getting old. Ive played for years now. My only hope is that Hero Classes come fast and heavy after the Death Knight.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by JbT]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Guild Wars is a favourite of mine.

You could say it was simple, however, it is deeply strategic. It is less about leveling up and more about doing quests to obtain new skills (spells).

Oh and after you buy the game, it's free... no monthly fees.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

Totally agree with silent shadow. I love guild wars, and the no monthly fee is perfect, cause some of us have busy lives and don't want to pay for wow to only be able to play for a bit at a time. In Guildwars, your success or failure is dependant on how good a gamer you are, not how high your level is.

I have heard mixed things about the D&D online game, but haven't tried it yet, as i don't want to pay a monthly fee for something that i might not get a whole lot of time to play.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm holding out high hopes for Age of Conan.

AoC - Epic Places Trailer - HD

AoC - Onyx Chamber Trailer - HD

Here is one for the ladies among us:
AoC - Femme Fatale Trailer - HD

By the way, if any of you are not familiar with Gametrailers.com, it is an excellent site to get your game vid fixes in HD. I make daily visits there.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i've played eq2 off and on since release and so far it's my favorite. been playing solid for the last 2 years with no intention of leaving. i usually have a little side game going too. currently it's lord of the rings (i'm quite bored with it), but i'll probably pick up conan tuesday.

i would definitely recommend eq2 though. they do a pretty good job of maintaining it and they manage not to piss people off with updates. everything they've changed has been for the better. unlike SWG, for example... =)

i was once a fan too... RIP SWG.

guild wars is really good. i never bought the expansions, but i played the crap out of the first campaign.

i have also tried eve-online. i thought it was pretty cool, but it has a steep learning curve that i was JUST starting to overcome, but it didn't seem like there was much social content. it's more of a raw economy-driven game - maybe that in itself provides opportunity for socialization later. worth doing the trial though at least. you might like it.

i tried the beta for vanguard. i hear they fixed and added a lot of stuff, but my impression is that it's EQ1 - part 2. if that makes any sense... EQ2 is basically a new game that happens to be based on eq1, vanguard to me is almost a direct upgrade of EQ1. maybe others will dispute that. i won't argue. =)

tabula rasa is pretty cool too. another game i did the trial for but didn't purchase becase i was waiting for pirates of the burning sea. which is also fun. you can read my reply to another member on that game here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

hope that helps. AoC does look like it will be pretty cool if you have a system that can run it. some people complain that it runs like crap on their systems, but it's partially because the current beta client has some memory management issues that have already been fixed for the release client. so take those stories with a grain of salt. if you meet the specs for it, you should be fine.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by an0maly33]

top topics

join