It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists/Atheists attacking ATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
No, hackers attacked ATS by disabling it for others. Creating a thread where you verbally contradict the public ATS consensus is hardly an attack, unless of couse ATS is threatened somehow by it. It may detract from the quality of conversation on ATS if it is simply loud bashing without any rationality... but it's still not really an attack. It poses no threat.

Thank you. Well said.

I get tired of seeing all sorts of posts that are blatant attempts to convert us non-Christians (which *MIGHT* be construed as a conspiracy against athiests/agnostics/pagans/etc) to become whatever the poster thinks is the Right Religion.

We Pagans don't come here to preach the ending of the world or blame the condition of the world on a specific religion, and we certainly don't come here to hammer on people and say "This Is Truth." HOWEVER, when there's outright lies said about us (we worship the devil, etc) then we tend to get defensive.

But no, there's not any particular religious threat to ATS from the athiests and agnostics.

Might I remind you guys that many of the ***original*** staff (and William) are of non-Christian beliefs (many are athiests or agnostics.)

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Even though there has been many threads and often with large post counts, we still on a daily basis get the ubitiquous 'there is no god,' or christianity is the root of all evil, or Jesus was this color, or Islam is the demon faith etc., kind of threads being started.

Is it just me or do you agree or disagree with my premise here? How much do we have to thrash out the same subject here over and over?

If the mods and admin had been fair, they would have the same criterias here in the Religion forum that they have in let's say the scientific fora. That if you don't know what you are talking about or just rant away with some stupidity, you should be asked to leave. As simple as that.

For some stupid reason every board discussing God and spirituality around the world suffer the same problems. Some people obviously has to double their stupidity by puking on sacred stuff from time to time. I'm not saying that critics should leave, for God's sake, no, only that admin looks seriously at what we have to cope with in this part of the board. Too bad that we have to use the ignore button extensively before we can start discussing normally in this end of the board. That's all. I don't discuss particle physics and debunk it because particles are ugly.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have never ONCE posted anything even remotely connect to god or religion. To say that atheists/satanists are attacking ATS is an unfair generalization. How do you know that all these people are one or the other? Have you asked them?

The ONLY time I have even written on religion on here, actually I am not sure if I have done it at all, is when someone else has posted the topic. I dont bring up religious beliefs, but if someone wants to preach to me or talk to me about, then I will surely open my mouth and discuss it with them.

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Atheist

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
I find it funny a christian thinks anyone who doesn't follow blindly is either satanist or atheist. Hahahahaha! You don't believe what the bible has, you go to hell! You don't think we were created by an all powerful invisable person that lives in the clouds! Satanist! Wait, don't believe in christian god, can't be satanist, for that is a christian god of evil.

Bless the Pebble People.

My invisible, non-existent god is called Bobo and he hates grapes.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

I find it funny a christian thinks anyone who doesn't follow blindly is either satanist or atheist. Hahahahaha! You don't believe what the bible has, you go to hell! You don't think we were created by an all powerful invisable person that lives in the clouds! Satanist! Wait, don't believe in christian god, can't be satanist, for that is a christian god of evil.

Bless the Pebble People.

Is BOBO vengeful and does he have many rules? I wouldnt want to upset BOBO and have him send me to the vinyard from hell

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheThinker

Bless the Pebble People.

Is BOBO vengeful and does he have many rules? I wouldnt want to upset BOBO and have him send me to the vinyard from hell

DUDE! Don't say that to loud or he will hear you.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheThinker

Bless the Pebble People.

DUDE! Don't say that to loud or he will hear you.

:::whispering::: sorry...tell BOB for me that I have some left over grapes from lunch he is welcome to

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
-starts hitting ATS with an axe-

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more Neo, what most people on here do not understand is [that you do not have to worship the creature of Satan, to be a satanist]. Those aren't my words, but Anton LeVey's--author of the Satanic Bible. It is a system of self. But yes, since we are near the very last days and the grand deception, all the attacks are to be expected.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare
I couldn't agree with you more Neo, what most people on here do not understand is [that you do not have to worship the creature of Satan, to be a satanist]. Those aren't my words, but Anton LeVey's--author of the Satanic Bible. It is a system of self. But yes, since we are near the very last days and the grand deception, all the attacks are to be expected.

To my knowledge there are 2 types of Satanism. One is the "worship the dark lord/sacrifice some chickens/listen to Motley Crue" type and the other has to do with sheading one's inhibitions, basicly if it feels good do it. The first, IMHO, is just as silly as christianity, but the second I actually have a certain amount of respect for.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
there are many ways to meditate
some of them are slow to progress others are like taking a jet plane.
a friend once told me she meditates to music
i said well i accomplished as far as i could go with that years ago when i was a teenager
my way of meditation is scientificaly proven
ive proven it to myself
your knowledge of ritual comes from book learning and what western knowlege has done to say that ritual is bad and self defeating
true it can be from that perspective
but from time proven methods and the truth that i have experienced myself ...
if you wish to say that if i meditate daily is a self defeating ritual than you are saying it from a western standpoint of learning and psychology
you havent experienced what i have experienced
saying the truth is one thing...experiencing it first hand is something all together different

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

To my knowledge there are 2 types of Satanism. One is the "worship the dark lord/sacrifice some chickens/listen to Motley Crue" type and the other has to do with sheading one's inhibitions, basicly if it feels good do it. The first, IMHO, is just as silly as christianity, but the second I actually have a certain amount of respect for.

I dont buy the idea that satanism is ok as long as you dont worship "satan"...I think that is a lie told by the creators of satanism to trick people into becoming part of their "church of satan".

To call yourself a satanist and then say that you dont believe in satan is rediculous.

There are many other ways to live your life that is somewhat similar to the ideas of satanism.Satanism is moronic to me and only a fool would ever align himself with such a contradicting religion.

A satanist that claims he does not believe in the devil is either a liar or a huge fool.

Either way I am still offended by Neo trying to claim me as a Satanist. Which you did and never appologized for making an extremly harsh criticism on a thread I started simply becuase you didnt agree with the premise of the topic.

so heres another offical ..NEO..YOU SUCK BALLS

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

I dont buy the idea that satanism is ok as long as you dont worship "satan"...I think that is a lie told by the creators of satanism to trick people into becoming part of their "church of satan".

To call yourself a satanist and then say that you dont believe in satan is rediculous.

There are many other ways to live your life that is somewhat similar to the ideas of satanism.Satanism is moronic to me and only a fool would ever align himself with such a contradicting religion.

A satanist that claims he does not believe in the devil is either a liar or a huge fool.

Either way I am still offended by Neo trying to claim me as a Satanist. Which you did and never appologized for making an extremly harsh criticism on a thread I started simply becuase you didnt agree with the premise of the topic.

so heres another offical ..NEO..YOU SUCK BALLS

WHOOOOOW! There skipper! I only wrote the last paragraph.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Colonel,

you are free to guess what you like but you are incorrect.

the demon only went away when I called upon Christ and God. Then it left faster than it had arrived.

I guess I was tested that day, whether I can bear the burden the rest of the way I'm not sure but I can only try.

This NEO is calling on DEMONS and he calls ME a satanist for discussing the color of jesus and why we have come to our present day conclusions of the socially accepted image of jesus?

Why do christians always forget....

"THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE''

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i dont believe in religion in the slightest,does that make me a satanist? to be honest i dont really know what one is,an atheist then,nope still puzzled,i might have to give google a go.

i grew up with no religion of any kind and dont see and cant see the need people have to believe in something like christianity or any other organised religion for that matter.

to me the bible is just childrens stories and if you think about the intelligence of humans 2000 years ago,thats what they were.

why they would still be relevant and able to control people today intrigues me.

the truth is far simpler no matter how intelligent the man doing the arguing is.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
there are many ways to meditate
some of them are slow to progress others are like taking a jet plane.
a friend once told me she meditates to music
i said well i accomplished as far as i could go with that years ago when i was a teenager
my way of meditation is scientificaly proven
ive proven it to myself
your knowledge of ritual comes from book learning and what western knowlege has done to say that ritual is bad and self defeating
true it can be from that perspective
but from time proven methods and the truth that i have experienced myself ...
if you wish to say that if i meditate daily is a self defeating ritual than you are saying it from a western standpoint of learning and psychology
you havent experienced what i have experienced
saying the truth is one thing...experiencing it first hand is something all together different

To each his own as they say. If you find a way that works really well for you, it doesn't mean it'll work just as well for someone else, and that's all I'm saying. The results you achieve during meditation isn't due to a specific ritual, even though for you PERSONALLY that specific way of doing it may be the most effective. However, on a general basis, it is your mind and our mental networking that do the job...

It's like arguing what is the best way to eat an Recess...

Either way, the point is the EATING OF THE RECESS not how one does it, even if each have a different preference. There may be whole groups of people who have mutually agreed on a specific ritual, but only because they all convinced one another that it works. Another group has another way of doing the exact same thing, and it only works for THOSE PEOPLE because THEY believe it does.

Of course there are yet other people/entities that need no "ritual", they simply clear their mind and connect to the higher knowledge so to speak.. without even the need to sit down or stop whatever else they're doing at all.

We are all riding this bycicle of reality with TRAINING wheels... the training wheels are the rituals. Once we practice it enough and our abilities become more pronounced, we can remove the training wheels of different rituals and soar.

And of course there are people who never needed training wheels... and in fact, no one really does until you think that's the only way to learn to ride a bike. It isn't... there are many ways. But I understand what you're saying.

The problem with organized religion is that they have rituals for EVERYTHING, and people blindly perform the rituals thinking that they somehow achieve something. The rituals are VERY limiting and restricting and do basically nothing. Of course in some instances if you have a very powerful conviction (belief) that you're indeed accomplishing something with a ritual, then sure you'll accomplish something... but only due to your own faith in this ritual. But the ritual itself is not important

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by squintingcat
i dont believe in religion in the slightest,does that make me a satanist? to be honest i dont really know what one is,an atheist then,nope still puzzled,i might have to give google a go.

i grew up with no religion of any kind and dont see and cant see the need people have to believe in something like christianity or any other organised religion for that matter.

to me the bible is just childrens stories and if you think about the intelligence of humans 2000 years ago,thats what they were.

why they would still be relevant and able to control people today intrigues me.

the truth is far simpler no matter how intelligent the man doing the arguing is.

Actually, the truth isn't that simple.. it takes a lot of mental effort to learn and understand.. and much determination. It is the RELIGIONS that oversimplify reality... good people go to heaven, bad people go to hell, God created everything that is, the end. Reality is infinitely complex and hyperdimentional... all that we see is an illusion.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Actually, the truth isn't that simple.. it takes a lot of mental effort to learn and understand.. and much determination. It is the RELIGIONS that oversimplify reality... good people go to heaven, bad people go to hell, God created everything that is, the end. Reality is infinitely complex and hyperdimentional... all that we see is an illusion.

the truth is very simple and if you knew it you would know that.
the world was shaped by the minds of children,it couldnt be anything but simple.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
one thing about this post Neo, it made it very easy to see who on ATS are the satanists. A true satanist, whether concious of it or not, will rally to defend him.

What i find even more odd, is the people who believe in a devil, but not a God...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, you'll see that it's often the Christians that elevate a debate into a rant...

It's because they are passionate about their beliefs, and then the mud-slinging and name-calling commence....

The Black Jesus thread is an excellent example...

Most of the atheists simply keep their cool, most of the time...

Still, I think it's healthy. When a religion or even atheism is attacked, it forces both sides to hit the books, and re-examine their stance, and in the process, learn something....so it's not all a negative thing....

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join