It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists/Atheists attacking ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Very simple: satanists or atheists would want to detract from any christian or other religious beliefs as a form of attack. It is not the discussion that is an issue, it is the attack' mentality that is.

Judeo-Christians ( Not all ) regard other doctrines as the work of Satan, or a form of Satanic worship.

There is nothing wrong with questioning beliefs.

Deep

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
The Colonel is definately not a satanist tho he is more like a Repugnant hater.

And this automatically places me onthe side of the godly.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Colonel,

you have a point, see we agree on much more than you would ever admit.

I didn't do it to ingratiate myself with the darkside but to see if it was real. I am now convinced. But I can't expect others to believe what I say. Each has to find the answers in their own way. At least now I can try to believe the claims of others.

Was Christ Black for example? I don't know. Will he be black when he returns (is he here now?), there is a good chance for that.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Originally posted by lilblam
No, hackers attacked ATS by disabling it for others. Creating a thread where you verbally contradict the public ATS consensus is hardly an attack, unless of couse ATS is threatened somehow by it. It may detract from the quality of conversation on ATS if it is simply loud bashing without any rationality... but it's still not really an attack. It poses no threat.

What concensus? I don't see any? All I see is thread after thread attacking religion, the church, christians, and any religion. The discussions are valid and worth having but we have many avowed Atheists and satanists around here. They don't like it much when they are attacked and they get quite excited aboout it too.

Alright so I guess they're attacking individual beliefs, religions, and/or the individuals themselves. So it's not that they are attackint ATS itself.. alright

One interesting phenomena I noticed is the feminization of our society, and let me explain. After black people and also women (of any color) have been oppressed for such a long time, it seems to me that they are fixing that oppression by bending the stick sharply the other way. You know, when some stick is bent one way, in order to straighten it out sometimes you need to bend it sharply in the opposite direction? It appears as if that is indeed what is going on at some levels of our society... and this includes religions.

On an average television show if someone makes a funny remark like "... cuz women are SMARTER than men.. or stronger then men" the crowd usually cheers and claps. But if someone in this day and age said "Because men are smarter then women" they get jeers and booing.

Now take the black population. Only about 10% to 15% of the total population of US are African Americans. Yet the effect they are having on our culture, and music especially is unparalleled. They are now coming back after many many years of being oppressed, as are women, and are now bending the "stick" in the opposite direction before it can be straightened out. This also works on a personal level... for example if you've been stuck in some belief system for a while, sometimes it helps to consider ideas of COMPLETE OPPOSITE to what you were conditioned to believe to kind of snap you out of it and bring you back to an open minded state.

This is true for religion as well, it appears. The Catholic church has had such a strong iron hold and control of this world for such a long time, it is only recently that our freedoms of religion etc have allowed Satanists and others to climb out of the hole of "outcasts" and "reviled members of society... scum" etc. They are now bending the stick sharply the other way, and some are openly aggressive to Christians and so forth, in their attempts to balance out the public stance and the acceptance level of society. Sometimes this bending the other way works, sometimes it creates only more problems... but it is definitely present..

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
God is what you want to believe thats what he *looks up to the sky*wnats you to think.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Colonel,

I didn't do it to ingratiate myself with the darkside but to see if it was real. I am now convinced. But I can't expect others to believe what I say. Each has to find the answers in their own way. At least now I can try to believe the claims of others.

Was Christ Black for example? I don't know. Will he be black when he returns (is he here now?), there is a good chance for that.

Well we CAN agree on this. I believe you DID conjure a demon. I believe that you DID see a demon. However, I do believe that you did ingratiate yourself with the darkside and you don't even know it.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Colonel,

Well we CAN agree on this. I believe you DID conjure a demon. I believe that you DID see a demon. However, I do believe that you did ingratiate yourself with the darkside and you don't even know it.

Lol I think you maybe you ingratiate Jesus with the "dark" side by calling him "black"... sorry couldn't resist. No I'm not a racist! Was a joke

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The reason, NEO, is that Christians, being ever devoid of the ability to distinguish fact from thier holy book of fiction needs to be addressed. When christians use the bible as some sort of arguement to prove its onw truth, its pretty pointless. Since Christians cant accept the fact thier silly superstitious dark age religon is but one petty belief system amongst many, they need to be reminded. Dont blame us NEO. Blame yourselves. Your belief system is yours, most everyone else has thier own.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Colonel,

you are free to guess what you like but you are incorrect.

the demon only went away when I called upon Christ and God. Then it left faster than it had arrived.

I guess I was tested that day, whether I can bear the burden the rest of the way I'm not sure but I can only try.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Skadio, I am so happy to see you back. Its been a long time but, unfortunately, in this case you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Colonel,

the demon only went away when I called upon Christ and God. Then it left faster than it had arrived.

I guess I was tested that day, whether I can bear the burden the rest of the way I'm not sure but I can only try.

Then, what tickled your ear to call in the first place???? I mean, did you just wake up in the morning and say "I want to summon a demon right here in my room." Yeah, most good people do that, right?

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Skadio, I am so happy to see you back. Its been a long time but, unfortunately, in this case you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

Wrong that Christians entertain the idea that the Bible is TRUE simply based on their own DESIRE and ASSUMPTION that it is? Or simply because it says in the Bible that it is? Or because some religious authority says it is?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Bible is the Word of God which has stood the test of eons with many of its prophecies coming true.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Skadi,

you are not wrong but I would say that you are not entirely correct.

the precepts of any belief system is what it should be measured by. Many religions have this concept down pat, even though many of their members may not follow the main doctrines.

yes christianity is one of many systems that attempts to describe in an ancient tongue that which could not be understood fully by people of the day. But it does if one works hard at it reveal many fundamental truths about human existance. That is what you talked about earlier. See you are learning lessons too.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The Bible is the Word of God which has stood the test of eons with many of its prophecies coming true.

Prophecies don't mean it's from God. Anyone with knowledge of the future could make a prophecy.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Colonel,

Then, what tickled your ear to call in the first place???? I mean, did you just wake up in the morning and say "I want to summon a demon right here in my room." Yeah, most good people do that, right?

Fair question. I had been having a lot of problems in my life and was feeling sorry for myself so I wanted to end it all. I had made a demand of God, prove to me that you exist or why should I go on... well God or what is God did do that, by proving to me that evil exists. One is as good as the other for me.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Colonel,

This doesnt make sense telling someone they are frre to guess and then tell them they are incorrect.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Colonel,

Fair question. I had been having a lot of problems in my life and was feeling sorry for myself so I wanted to end it all. I had made a demand of God, prove to me that you exist or why should I go on... well God or what is God did do that, by proving to me that evil exists. One is as good as the other for me.

Surely you don't mean that evil isn't relative and subjective? Maybe certain entities exist that wish to use our energies and feed on our emotions like fear, calling them EVIL is our perspective. The perspective of the entities is that they're good.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Prophecies don't mean it's from God. Anyone with knowledge of the future could make a prophecy.

In the Bible, the prohecies were from God which were spoken through the prohets. Read the Bible once in a while, eh?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   

In the Bible, the prohecies were from God which were spoken through the prohets. Read the Bible once in a while, eh?

Yes, because the Bible says so. But maybe they weren't from GOD, but something else, that also knows how the future will turn out?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join