It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists/Atheists attacking ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
if you beleive that something is real
it becomes real
there are things we all do every day without realizing they are ritual
anything you do day in and day out is ritual
eating
smoking
screwing
going to work
i have never found meditation to be self defeating but only to bring me closer to something that i can feel is bringing more happiness and reality to this life.....
if you beleive rituals to be self defeating to yourself .....
they will be

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Life is many rituals and that is why I try hard to avoid them at all cost. What is normal is not always what is best for the soul. At the very least shake it up here and there.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
it becomes real
eating
smoking
screwing
going to work
i have never found meditation to be self defeating but only to bring me closer to something that i can feel is bringing more happiness and reality to this life.....
they will be

So true. Beliefs create our reality... there's just a delay in manifestation to the lower dimensions.

There are two paths we can take as spiritual entities:
One is the path of the self and separation. Selfishness, self-gratification, self-service are examples of this path. Focus on the tangent to the whole more than the whole, reductionism etc.

The other path is to Unity / God. This is the path many great spiritual teacher's have shown us. Service to other's to remove suffering. Self-sacrifice for the good of the whole rather than the self.

Every thought (which becomes manifested in action) dictates which direction your are going. Towards Unity or self. This is true, whether you "believe" it or not.

Watcheroftheskies is one of the few ATS members I've seen who actually seems to understand this. Listen to him lilblam, maybe you'll learn something and change YOUR BELIEFS.

In peace,

+Jammer

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by jammerman]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The path of action
that of positive action is karma yoga
most people are trying this without knowing it
the hardest yoga path to tread is that of the jnan... the path of wisdom and introspection...it may take a million life times or more to complete it unless one has the discipline of the greatest of saints
i suggest what the bible says
be still and know that i am god
psalms says meditate upon the law of god
i say sit in quite prayer as long as possible
or if you know how to turn the chakras ....turn them and wrap a prayer or mantra around them
turn them in a clockwise motion
i can not reveal my sadhanna ....not wanting it to leave as it would if i revealed it

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
One is the Path of " I Ego " and the other " Ego I ".

Silly, dont you all understand !

Deep

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Deep

No I don't

I know that understanding of SELF is important in order to understand anyone else and the entire reality. You are but a reflection of all that exists, it is all within you.

Even Jesus said in the Bible that the Father's Kingdom is not in the sky or the ocean, but within.

EVERYTHING that exists is within, and without. We're all one with all that is, so once again, to understand SELF, is to understand the universe. It is of course not as easy as it sounds, as there are numerous shells of lies and belief and preconception and identities that are there to make the search for understanding the self seem folly. Also, there are mental barriers in place and self-destruct programs that can activate if one searches too deep... in order to prevent the truth and knowledge of what IS from coming to light.

But this world isn't based on reality, as it's all an illusion... including what you are on the outside... it's only a shell. What most people think represents THEM is nothing but a shell.

It's like saying your clothes are who you are. Good analogy. But all we can see are the clothes... but as you take off one peace of mental clothing at a time, more and more of your true self will be revealed. You will also begin to understand some fundemental things about the universe and reality at large... and how it operates and why. Of course probing one's mind is just one thing... it is the beginning. It's the first step to seeing truth, seeing all as it really is.

Learning is fun, but it's a step by step process. An open mind, and an objective outlook can really help. Beginning with yourself, you can then expand you learning to unlimited sources and possibilities... ALL that exists is LESSONS and nothing else. There is absolutely no other reason for anything to exist, except lessons.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Deep

Please explain?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I dislike being disagreeable, but I do disagree with the statement, "Christians are attacking ATS."

I am a Christian. I enjoy this site.

Robert O'Neal
[email protected]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Neo, Whats wrong with having a mixture of people with different beliefs and ideas? I think it makes it all the more interesting.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012
I dislike being disagreeable, but I do disagree with the statement, "Christians are attacking ATS."

Robert O'Neal
[email protected]

um it doesnt say christians it says "Satanists/Atheists attacking ATS?"

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
it becomes real
eating
smoking
screwing
going to work
they will be

So true. Beliefs create our reality... there's just a delay in manifestation to the lower dimensions.

There are two paths we can take as spiritual entities:
One is the path of the self and separation. Selfishness, self-gratification, self-service are examples of this path. Focus on the tangent to the whole more than the whole, reductionism etc.

The other path is to Unity / God. This is the path many great spiritual teacher's have shown us. Service to other's to remove suffering. Self-sacrifice for the good of the whole rather than the self.

Every thought (which becomes manifested in action) dictates which direction your are going. Towards Unity or self. This is true, whether you "believe" it or not.

Watcheroftheskies is one of the few ATS members I've seen who actually seems to understand this. Listen to him lilblam, maybe you'll learn something and change YOUR BELIEFS.

In peace,

+Jammer

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by jammerman]

I have no beliefs, period. We all learn from absolutely EVERYTHING, as all there is is lessons. Rituals ARE self defeating, it is not a belief of mine, it's a fact. Just like saying 2+2 = 4 is not my belief, even if you want it to be my belief it still isn't.

Rituals constrict the mind and your knowledge. They only work if you honestly believe they do. But this doesn't make the ritual useful at all, it is not the ritual that accomplishes the task.. it is your belief that it does. It is your mind that accomplishes the task.

This is how faith healing works. It only works if you believe it does. The ritual itself of whatever the guy does to you is irrelevant, it is only your faithful belief that it will cure you that triggers action from your mind to actually create that effect.

Therefore, rituals are self defeating. They defeat their own purpose, just by existing. The purpose of the ritual isn't accomplished by the ritual itself, but by your own mind. So why the pointless reliance on rituals themselves, when in and of themselves the rituals are useless and only constrict your mind... narrow the channel of thought and the possibilities that are truly inherent in the action by making you think that the ritual itself is what accomplished the task. If someone else does the same ritual without believing it'll do the trick, it most likely won't.

So once again, they are self-defeating. I seek a service to others existance as opposed to a service to self, although ALL humans without exception are service to self, and can only be service to others candidates, but that is obvious. Just the act of EATING is service to self already. You kill another living creature so that YOU can live and feed on its flesh/energy... nothing more self serving than that.

And note that I said CAREFUL that meditation does not BECOME a ritual, I didn't say it IS. Relying on a particular ritual as the right way to meditate would be an example. Meditation is just focusing one's mind to access your own subconscious, and possibly tap into energies of the entire universe by establishing a type of "network" with them... focus just helps clear your mind of unnecessary daily banter.

The actual physical position etc do not matter, but that doesn't prevent certain people from ritualising it and exclaiming that THEY know the right way to meditate etc. There is no "right way".

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88

Robert O'Neal
[email protected]

Someone said "Christians are attacking ATS" in an earlier post.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
No, hackers attacked ATS by disabling it for others. Creating a thread where you verbally contradict the public ATS consensus is hardly an attack, unless of couse ATS is threatened somehow by it. It may detract from the quality of conversation on ATS if it is simply loud bashing without any rationality... but it's still not really an attack. It poses no threat.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

Originally posted by TekNo88

Robert O'Neal
[email protected]

Someone said "Christians are attacking ATS" in an earlier post.

Oh sorry- I didnt read all the posts

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
No, hackers attacked ATS by disabling it for others. Creating a thread where you verbally contradict the public ATS consensus is hardly an attack, unless of couse ATS is threatened somehow by it. It may detract from the quality of conversation on ATS if it is simply loud bashing without any rationality... but it's still not really an attack. It poses no threat.

What concensus? I don't see any? All I see is thread after thread attacking religion, the church, christians, and any religion. The discussions are valid and worth having but we have many avowed Atheists and satanists around here. They don't like it much when they are attacked and they get quite excited aboout it too.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Even though there has been many threads and often with large post counts, we still on a daily basis get the ubitiquous 'there is no god,' or christianity is the root of all evil, or Jesus was this color, or Islam is the demon faith etc., kind of threads being started.

Is it just me or do you agree or disagree with my premise here? How much do we have to thrash out the same subject here over and over?

These thread only occur cos of the new members we get each day its impossible to keep a tab on all thread topics.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

Jesus was this color,

I am confused here...How does disscussing the color of jesus make someone a satanist or athiest??? PLEASE explain that to me with all your amazing wisdom NEO

Let me know when you have some wisdom yourself man.

Very simple: satanists or atheists would want to detract from any christian or other religious beliefs as a form of attack. It is not the discussion that is an issue, it is the attack' mentality that is.

For someone who summons demons, you gotta lot of nerve calling me a satanist.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by McGotti

Jesus was this color,

I am confused here...How does disscussing the color of jesus make someone a satanist or athiest??? PLEASE explain that to me with all your amazing wisdom NEO

Let me know when you have some wisdom yourself man.

Very simple: satanists or atheists would want to detract from any christian or other religious beliefs as a form of attack. It is not the discussion that is an issue, it is the attack' mentality that is.

For someone who summons demons, you gotta lot of nerve calling me a satanist.

CF you satanist

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Very funny, drunk.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The Colonel is definately not a satanist tho he is more like a Repugnant hater.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join