It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists/Atheists attacking ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
I find it funny a christian thinks anyone who doesn't follow blindly is either satanist or atheist. Hahahahaha! You don't believe what the bible has, you go to hell! You don't think we were created by an all powerful invisable person that lives in the clouds! Satanist! Wait, don't believe in christian god, can't be satanist, for that is a christian god of evil.

Bless the Pebble People.

I think your bunny is quite apt a figure to outline your intelligence.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Well.
The fate of the world lies in our hands and we justify ourselves in such a manner as this.
Why do we argue over belief? Because to have an argument, there must in fact, be a correct solution?? If people expend so much energy debating, arguing, revisioning and rehashing a topic as old as the days- do you think that there is a meaning to be found amoungst the ruins of said debates and deliberations of opinion??

Do you people NOT believe you were (in mind, thought and your spirit) created?? Do you think you were mixed in a soup bowl of crud while the winds (created by?) of chance blew you into the being you are now??

No, but this still doesn't require God at all. You're missing certain key understandings of reality that seem to leave you with either the option that there's a creator God, or that there is no God and everything is an accident. Both are false, but only if you know certain things. I won't get into details, but like I said, the argument isn't about beliefs, it's about the purpose of ANY beliefs, and the reason for having beliefs... when one can seek knowledge instead of replacing it with assumptions.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
GOD[im not an athiest or satanist] this NEO is an idiot!

No man you are a guy that likes black and cheers for the evil ape in planet of the apes?

a bit of delusion here perhaps?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Questioning a belief is a way of strengthening it. Alternatively it is a way of realising that it doesn't hold water. No matter what, the result has to be positive. You either increase your beliefs or remove them in favour of others more in line with your current ideas.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Originally posted by McGotti
GOD[im not an athiest or satanist] this NEO is an idiot!

No man you are a guy that likes black and cheers for the evil ape in planet of the apes?

a bit of delusion here perhaps?

Now your just making me laugh NEO

Yes I like black people,is there something wrong with liking black people NEO?

I dont cheer for Dr. zaious..I thought it was a funny picture....kind of a simpsons mentalility you know??

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Questioning a belief is a way of strengthening it. Alternatively it is a way of realising that it doesn't hold water. No matter what, the result has to be positive. You either increase your beliefs or remove them in favour of others more in line with your current ideas.

Yes, but of course there is always the fear that your beliefs are indeed WRONG, and your entire life may be based on false assumptions, and who wants THAT to happen? It is much more comfortable to defend and blindly pretend that reality is what you think it is, even if presented with contradictory evidence. The mind does not like insecurities, and if it cannot fill them with real knowledge, it will replace them with beliefs.

It's not easy to question your beliefs and expose your own insecurities... facing one's fears is not easy at all. However, failing to do so terminates your progress and retains you in a permanent state of discombobulatedness.. until you question reality once again and decide to seek just how deep the rabbit hole really goes...

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

No, but this still doesn't require God at all. You're missing certain key understandings of reality that seem to leave you with either the option that there's a creator God, or that there is no God and everything is an accident. Both are false, but only if you know certain things. I won't get into details, but like I said, the argument isn't about beliefs, it's about the purpose of ANY beliefs, and the reason for having beliefs... when one can seek knowledge instead of replacing it with assumptions.

Sorry. I am not a newbie, cultist neophyte.

I never doubted my faith unlike some who waiver to and fro like the winds.

Your hidden knowledge that you can not reveal at this moment(?) is laughable. You have no details. You have no real knowledge to impart to me or anyone with any clarity or stamina.

Do not even try to patronize someone in their belief of God the Father.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
in this world hate never yet dispelled hate
only love dispells hate,
this is the law ancient and inexhaustible.
you to shall pass away.
knowing this how can you quarrel?
from the dhammapada
the buddha
the fool argues,the wise discuss,the sage says nothing at all
from the sayings of yoganandaji

link   
McGotti, your Dr. has brown skin and blonde hair!!

He must have an identity crisis to neoazz.............

link   
Lilblam,

there is nothing wrong with beliefs, but I have to agree that none should be held so tightly that they cannot be let go of.

the real point of this thread was to point out that examination and debate are important as well as beliefs and ideals but the pursuit of these without restraint can allow people to unfairly harm others. What I mean is this, no matter what fault anyone finds in religion, I can show you a lot of good people that believe or belong to such organizations. If there is a god, then they must be judged on what is in their hearts and their rationalization for it rather than their ability to know the entire truth, I hope.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
in this world hate never yet dispelled hate
only love dispells hate,
this is the law ancient and inexhaustible.
you to shall pass away.
knowing this how can you quarrel?
from the dhammapada
the buddha
the fool argues,the wise discuss,the sage says nothing at all
from the sayings of yoganandaji

Indeed, you ring true. Yet the armour of war is ours to use when attacked............

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Sorry. I am not a newbie, cultist neophyte.

False assumptions, as usual. Not getting very far yet...

I never doubted my faith unlike some who waiver to and fro like the winds.

Of course not, doubt would be sinful! You may go to Hell if you doubt. No, it is much better to retain your illusions and faithfully follow what you're told. That's a good boy, God will reward you for your loyalty!

Your hidden knowledge that you can not reveal at this moment(?) is laughable. You have no details. You have no real knowledge to impart to me or anyone with any clarity or stamina.

No hidden knowledge, sorry. If I were to reveal all that I know, I'd have to write a very fat book for you here, but you keep assuming and pretending you know the truth all you like, whatever makes you feel happy.

You think I have no real knowledge to impart to you or anyone else? Does thinking that make you satisfied that you've somehow erased all that I know by wishing that I knew nothing of value? Of course, reality always bends to YOUR wishes, and YOUR assumptions aka beliefs... because you are too scared to DOUBT your own dogma, as you can face punishment! Worry not, any knowledge that I have is freely available to those who seek it, which obviously doesn't include you, does it?

Do not even try to patronize someone in their belief of God the Father.

Can I patronize someone in theri belief of God the Mother?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

if your belief in your religion is so shallow that comments made by others causes you to question your religion then perhaps the problem is between you and your religion, not the people who share their thoughts.

Well said worldwatcher

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
the truth is beyond words
it is inexplicable in nature
meditation is an attack on the ego to destroy it forever
destroy the ego and all else will follow
destroy the ego and know the truth

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
the truth is beyond words
it is inexplicable in nature
meditation is an attack on the ego to destroy it forever
destroy the ego and all else will follow
destroy the ego and know the truth

Be careful, rituals are self-defeating. Just be weary that meditation isn't turned into a ritual

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
the real point of this thread was to point out that examination and debate are important as well as beliefs and ideals but the pursuit of these without restraint can allow people to unfairly harm others.

Thats the point of your thread??? why didnt you mention that point a little ealier instead of the great opening title

"Satanists/athiests ATTACKING ATS"

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well.

Hey, Lil' bam bam, you assume that I have no hidden knowledge.

Methink thyne arse hast inhabited thyne mouth.

I would gladly trade secrets of my hidden knowledge with you rihgt here, right now my froind(sic).

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

McGotti, your Dr. has brown skin and blonde hair!!

Hes a surfer ape

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
intelligence is an extension of the mind
the mind is an extension of the ego
desires are life force of the ego
destroy the ego and know true happiness

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Well.

Hey, Lil' bam bam, you assume that I have no hidden knowledge.

Methink thyne arse hast inhabited thyne mouth.

I would gladly trade secrets of my hidden knowledge with you rihgt here, right now my froind(sic).

There is no such thing as hidden knowledge, unless you're hiding it.

I'm not here to "trade" any hidden knowledge, as I said before, I have no such hidden knowledge... uncommon knowledge sure, but not hidden. It is all available to those who want it.

Once again, you THINK I assumed something, but what led you to believe such a thing?
Obviously you do not know enough to be gullible enough to follow religion and believe in God, that answers THAT question. Belief doesn't count as knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join