It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists/Atheists attacking ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Even though there has been many threads and often with large post counts, we still on a daily basis get the ubitiquous 'there is no god,' or christianity is the root of all evil, or Jesus was this color, or Islam is the demon faith etc., kind of threads being started.

Is it just me or do you agree or disagree with my premise here? How much do we have to thrash out the same subject here over and over?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would have to disagree with you.I think its the christians that are the ones attacking ATS.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
F_o_R-E-V_e_R!

IT WILL NEVER STOP! HAHA!

TAKE THAT!

sorry, i agree. maybe we should discuss the weather, or how we all hate the Yankees (baseball team, damnit)

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
I would have to disagree with you.I think its the christians that are the ones attacking ATS.

Damned, dirty ape. i think its people with closed minds that are attacking ATS. be f*cking tolerant of peoples rants, no matter how stupid they sound. i hope we all can agree on that.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Satanist or Atheist? Not giving me much of a choice are you?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well making an assertion like "There is no God" isn't so bad in itself, the problems arise when one doesn't support it with any kind of rational thinking or reasoning in the post.

Besides, the definition of the word "God" in itself is very shaky... as it may be all that there is, or some all-powerful entity who is SEPARATE from the creation. Once again, depends on whom you ask.

So when someone says "God doesn't exist", which definition of God is being implied should be the FIRST question answered. I can attest to the fact that an all-powerful entity that created the universe does NOT exist.

But other interpretations of the meaning of the word God do not fall in to that idea.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnMay
sorry, i agree. maybe we should discuss the weather, or how we all hate the Yankees (baseball team, damnit)

YANKEES RULES!!!!! (don't be a hater)

don't think it has anything do with satanists or atheist TheNeo, I think the subjects are being discussed openly because it is rare to find someplace where such thoughts can be thrown around openly for all to weigh in on.

Thank "GOD" for ATS, actually Simon Gray, Skeptic Overlord and all the other mods and higher uppers who allow to discuss such things freely.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

YANKEES RULES!!!!! (don't be a hater)

don't think it has anything do with satanists or atheist TheNeo, I think the subjects are being discussed openly because it is rare to find someplace where such thoughts can be thrown around openly for all to weigh in on.

Thank "GOD" for ATS, actually Simon Gray, Skeptic Overlord and all the other mods and higher uppers who allow to discuss such things freely.

It's not upto them, though. If they decide to not allow it, we'll just go elsewhere. I'd say thank "God" to "free will"

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Jesus was this color,

I am confused here...How does disscussing the color of jesus make someone a satanist or athiest??? PLEASE explain that to me with all your amazing wisdom NEO

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Jesus was this color,

I am confused here...How does disscussing the color of jesus make someone a satanist or athiest??? PLEASE explain that to me with all your amazing wisdom NEO

Let me know when you have some wisdom yourself man.

Very simple: satanists or atheists would want to detract from any christian or other religious beliefs as a form of attack. It is not the discussion that is an issue, it is the attack' mentality that is.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yeah the yankes are the real NWO, money grubbing bastards.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
GOD[im not an athiest or satanist] this NEO is an idiot!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't think anyone should bash any religion here. You may have the right to post your opinion but its just not right when you come out and say god is a fraud and what not and make people who were happy with their religion, question their beliefs...it's just wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

But you sure are angry j ack a ss.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
and make people who were happy with their religion, question their beliefs...it's just wrong.

Well you came to the wrong place sir.....The sheep gathering area is on sundays at your local church.Obviously you have mistaken the purpose of this site!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
I don't think anyone should bash any religion here. You may have the right to post your opinion but its just not right when you come out and say god is a fraud and what not and make people who were happy with their religion, question their beliefs...it's just wrong.

if your belief in your religion is so shallow that comments made by others causes you to question your religion then perhaps the problem is between you and your religion, not the people who share their thoughts.

link   

Jesus was this color,

Let me know when you have some wisdom yourself man.

Very simple: satanists or atheists would want to detract from any christian or other religious beliefs as a form of attack. It is not the discussion that is an issue, it is the attack' mentality that is.

This fighting between Satanists and Catholics and other religions makes it appear as if someone has to be the victor. But what about both sides being hopelessly confused? Satanists may be worshipping a nonexistant entity just like any other religion that worships an entity. Well, ok maybe the entity exists, but it's not God. Sooo what about Atheists?

Well things aren't as black and white as some would like them to be. If you're atheist because you believe there is no God, you're no better off than those who believe that there is! Belief is the key issue. It blocks objectivity, ignores reality, and allows you to assume something is true without actually knowing the truth.

This is also precisely why I do not associate myself with any particular group, other than maybe a group called "truth seekers"
But of course once you create an organized club based on something, it narrows your options down and tends to create dogmas and commonly-excepted consensus... so I stay out of joining clubs/groups/cults and any other categorized association.

link   

and make people who were happy with their religion, question their beliefs...it's just wrong.

Well you came to the wrong place sir.....The sheep gathering area is on sundays at your local church.Obviously you have mistaken the purpose of this site!

Ah quit being so cynical cause you got molested by a priest. Its ok we can get you help you crochety monkey. Really its ok.

link   

Originally posted by Agent47

But you sure are angry j ack a ss.

No sir im not..This NEO a$$hole called me a satanist!!! That to me is a huge insult and im greatly offended!!! How would you react if he called you a satanist??? would you thank him?? I wont thank him for insulting me sorry!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Ah quit being so cynical cause you got molested by a priest. Its ok we can get you help you crochety monkey. Really its ok.

AHH I see we have another idiot on our hands...welcome

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join