It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are They Hiding? Egypt's 'Area 51'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In my recent research visit to Egypt I attempted to reach the Apex point of the Great Giza Triangle. This is a point to the southwest of Menkaure's Pyramid (G3) in the Egyptian desert near to Giza. The Great Giza Triangle is a theoretical triangle constructed through the use of the 3 most ancient centroids and applying these to the three main Giza pyramids. These centroids seem to be indicated by the very unusual 'concavities' which run from the base to the apex of each face of the Great Pyramid and the smaller pyramid of Menkaure. Of around 100 pyramids in Egypt, only these two pyramids exhibit such an unusual feature which you can see here:

www.scottcreighton.co.uk...

By interpreting these 'concavities' as indicators of their latent centroids we find that they construct a triangle of a very specific size and orientation. Indeed, ONLY this triangle will be reconstructed. The apex of this 'triangulation' picks out a very specific spot in the Egyptian desert to the southwest of the Giza pyramids, here:

Earlier this month, Egyptian explorer and researcher, Jon Bodsworth, attempted to reach this apex point from the north (via the Giza necropolis) but found a substantial obstacle in his way:

During my own research visit to Giza last week, I attempted to circumvent 'Hawass's Wall' by heading southwest around the perimeter of the Giza plateau. This is the route I planned to take:

As I journeyed around the perimeter of the Giza plateau (some 6 kilometers or so), it quickly became clear just how seriously the local Egyptian police took the security of Giza with mounted police (on camels) and manned security towers:

Certainly there has been some security problems in Egypt in the past with tourists being kidnapped and terrorist bombings, so I can understand why the Egyptians take their security so very seriously. Strange though that the security at the actual entrance to the Giza necropolis is - by contrast - quite relaxed. Plenty of antiquities police around but no bag searches, no metal detectors - nothing. Odd.

This is when I began to think is 'Hawass's Wall' really about protecting tourists or is it more about preventing tourists from wandering into 'restricted areas'?

Continuing down the main road south it gradually became clear to me that it would be impossible for me to reach the GGT Apex point from the south (i.e. from the other side of 'Hawass's Wall').

As can be seen from the next image, there is absolutely no way in to the location of the GGT Apex point. Arriving at the location from the south (as opposed from the north) we find this:

In short then, attempting to reach the Apex point from the North (via the Giza necropolis) is terminated by the obstruction of Hawass's Wall (not to mention armed mounted police and those also in the watch-towers).

Attempting to circumvent the 'wall' by walking around it to arrive at the Apex point from the south, your path is obstructed by another security fence for as far as the eye can see.

The location of the GGT Apex is effectively sealed off by Hawass's Wall and a second security perimeter fence. I see no reason for this double-fence - you certainly do not find them at other sacred sites such as Saqqara or Meidum.

Could it be that this sealed area - i.e. the location of the GGT Apex - is indeed hiding something under its ancient sands, something Dr Hawass does not wish anyone to know of? Some food for thought.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thanks hugely for sharing Scott. I found your post pretty engrossing actually - was almost tempted to skip to the end to see if you'd made it to the apex or not. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't, but it really doesn't surprise me (nor you I'm sure). However, I do think your attempt was extremely valuable, for if nothing else it established just how extreme Hawass' measures really are to guard that area of the plateau. That in itself, as you said, is food for thought.

Can I ask, did you yourself discover the apex point theory (I can't remember)? And have you managed to attract the attention and curiosity of others in the field? In short, I can't help thinking our only chance of discovering Hawass' true justification for such a wall is by gathering a lot of support pertaining to that specific question.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This has been covered in the "forbidden egyptology" thread by SkyFloating. It is good to get some first hand reports of it though.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

I haven't investigated the other existing thread on this particular topic. But it is interesting to note about these alleged concavities. Especially along with the already alleged construction by a more advanced technology possibly using lasers. The overhead view of these reminds me of a particular shaped UFO as does the intersecting lines. Other buildings around the world also appear to have some of these interesting lines suggesting an overhead map and directional intersection. Other familar shapes are chevrons or arrowsheads. It's been my belief that there's probably some type of technology, library, tomb etc. hidden within the top of the pyramid. What if the capstones weren't originally there as depicted in the eye of the pyramid?

I've also wondered if there was a possibility of any large crafts buried beneath them and other pyramids around the world as well.

Has anyone done any narrated videos on all of this yet?

[edit on 31-3-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Hello Cythraul,

Nice to hear from you again.

Cythraul: Can I ask, did you yourself discover the apex point theory (I can't remember)? And have you managed to attract the attention and curiosity of others in the field? In short, I can't help thinking our only chance of discovering Hawass' true justification for such a wall is by gathering a lot of support pertaining to that specific question.

SC: Yes - I formulated the Giza Centroid Theory a number of years ago. It was first published in 2006 on Graham Hancock's site here:

www.grahamhancock.com...

I believe it also appeared in an Archaeology Journal but I've lost the reference.

The idea is still relatively new and fresh (2006). It has attracted considerable interest from a variety of sources, some of whom have considerable reason for taking a keen interest in what I have presented but, alas, I cannot say here why this is so - I have been trusted to confidence on this and I will respect that.

Towards the end of this trip to Giza I met some fairly influential people so I am hoping my next visit (planned for October or November this year) will be more fruitful. I shall let you know and keep you posted.

To conclude this post all I can say is that it seems very peculiar to me that one can have free and easy access to some of the most ancient and sacred monuments in all Egypt and yet, an area immediately adjacent to this where there is 'apparently' nothing of any import, is completely sealed off with no obvious or easy access. Peculiar indeed.

Keep well.

Warm reagrds,

Scott Cregihton

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
Hello Cythraul,

Nice to hear from you again.

SC: Yes - I formulated the Giza Centroid Theory a number of years ago. It was first published in 2006 on Graham Hancock's site here:

www.grahamhancock.com...

Thank you Scott. Ah yes, I think I did read that. The only reason I asked is because you mentioned someone else - Jon Bodsworth - attempting to reach your apex point previously and it threw me.

Good luck with the next trip. I'm hoping to participate in one of John Anthony West's tours at some point. Needless to say, I envy you

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Hi Scott,

I cannot find the images, and your associated home page also comes up 404.

I not only find this fascinating, I wonder if it was not coming all along!
It has been a policy to keep all of the 'real' stuff debunked or under wraps, and when the real H.O.R.s may be found, ... ahem .. more of the same.

About the "capstone" Have you read Stephen Mahler's Land of Osiris, or perhaps you have just spoken with him ... I think the one pyramid was actually created sans capstone, but that may have to come to light (some day, maybe?).

Good Luck with this,
I would be looking for the other land-locked H.O.R.s, however, too.

Good luck in Egypt,
Serendipity7 ... AKA ... WCSally

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
So, nothing in this thread since April.
Has anyone seen anything on the other side of Zawi's wall?
I think Zawi has lost his mind. I don't think he can be trusted.
What are they hiding / protecting?

WHY ARE ALL THE LINKS TO THE PICTURES NOW DEAD ????

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
So, nothing in this thread since April.
Has anyone seen anything on the other side of Zawi's wall?
I think Zawi has lost his mind. I don't think he can be trusted.
What are they hiding / protecting?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It's not just the images that are dead, it's Scott's entire site. I see he was logged in today, apparently he no longer has an interest in this thread....

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Would you mind summarizing the images for those of us on slow connections. I can't quite get the full impact of your story as it is written.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BOTAL

Hello Botal,

SC: Thanks for drawing my attention to this. There seems to be a problem with my site hosting co. This has happened before. Hopefully things will return to normal in the next day or so.

Thanks.

Scott Creighton

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Hello Systemik,

It's not just the images that are dead, it's Scott's entire site. I see he was logged in today, apparently he no longer has an interest in this thread....

SC: There is presently a problem with my site hosting co and hopefully it will be resolved soon. This particular thread is of immense personal interest to me and my research into the Giza Centroid theory continues. I will be returning to Egypt in November and hope to get an opportunity to try and access this area again during my visit. My main focus of research, however, will be at the Temple of Horus at Edfu. I will, of course, keep everyone posted on my work as and when something significant takes place.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mantic

Hello Mantic,

Would you mind summarizing the images for those of us on slow connections. I can't quite get the full impact of your story as it is written.

SC: My website will be back online in the next day or so with all the images. Apologies for this.

Kind regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the update Scott, I'm glad to hear you are still looking into this and I'll be following this thread as well.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I want to thank you for all of your research in this thread thus far. The data is fascinating!

Much...too much, has changed in Egypt since my visit in February 1980. Your pics give credence to the facts.

By the way, I guess Glasgow has changed since I was there in '77. LOL. You live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Country of my ancestors. Wish that I had some stones/rocks from north of you.

I collect rocks from places that I have traveled. Might say that I have real estate in distant lands. More like free souvenirs because I am cheap.

I am certainly no fan of Dr. Hawass by any means. He is far too dangerous a man to be in full control of one of the world's largest historical sites- the entire nation of Egypt.

Please keep us advised on your progress. I wish you safe travel, fair weather & good research my friend.

Cheers.
DM & his dog.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Oh yes, flagged & tagged! I will keep this thread on my list to follow.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
As can be seen from the next image, there is absolutely no way in to the location of the GGT Apex point. Arriving at the location from the south (as opposed from the north) we find this:

In short then, attempting to reach the Apex point from the North (via the Giza necropolis) is terminated by the obstruction of Hawass's Wall (not to mention armed mounted police and those also in the watch-towers).

Attempting to circumvent the 'wall' by walking around it to arrive at the Apex point from the south, your path is obstructed by another security fence for as far as the eye can see.

The location of the GGT Apex is effectively sealed off by Hawass's Wall and a second security perimeter fence. I see no reason for this double-fence - you certainly do not find them at other sacred sites such as Saqqara or Meidum.

Could it be that this sealed area - i.e. the location of the GGT Apex - is indeed hiding something under its ancient sands, something Dr Hawass does not wish anyone to know of? Some food for thought.

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

Scott my man...You have pinned the tail on the Hawass so to speak. You just realized the fine art of hiding archeological finds that would contradict some important history of any nation. He is not the only one who has done this, believe you me. But good post and hope it opens some peoples eyes that perhaps there really is more to the historical record.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
the fine art of hiding archaeological finds that would contradict some important history of any nation. He is not the only one who has done this
Oh how well said TH3ON3. When I was there in 1980, there were no massive man made sand dunes, as seen in SC's pics. No double fences & heavy security.

Sand dunes can be very convenient when it comes to causing places/things to disappear.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
what aren't they hiding.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by hoverboarder]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join