It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra Meditation

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
reply to post by Mr Green

Well in a way yes and no, I would of found meditation as I still would of met the healer. I do have Drakir to thank for the "Life on the other side of the fence thread" as I would not of met you brilliant people. However I was manipulated due to my own stupid self, so yes I guess it was a lesson.

Thats all in the past though.

Yes , I think its just everything that happens to us in this journey is there for a reason, would you have met the healer in the same light though if you hadnt have done meditation I wonder. Im just glad of all our experiences because in some way they make us grow.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
when I have time.

I usually light a candle & get quiet for a while then.... relax & enjoy!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowlogic
when I have time.

I usually light a candle & get quiet for a while then.... relax & enjoy!

If I did that Id forget to blow it out and fall asleep and then there'd be a fire.

MG

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Haha I would not trust myself with fire lol. I do use incense sticks though really clears my head for meditation.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Haha I would not trust myself with fire lol. I do use incense sticks though really clears my head for meditation.

No I find I dont like the smell its too over powering. Ive also stopped meditating to music as Im finding its distracting me, I cant hear my inner voice. Plus sometimes just as your floating off the music gets loud or something lol so Ive stopped it.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I aint used music for a long time now. You are 100% right you can hear the inner voice more

Oh yea and that floating feeling is strange, not to mention when the song stops it stops the whole meditation.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sorry for my bad English...

Believe me,

forget chakras, they already confused and full your mind, chakra is nothing more than ganglion vibrations inside nervous system...just relax and free your minds, more clear your mind = more shift to right-brain activity and reduce left-brain activitiy, at last in the state of void you some loss conscious and enter to hypnogogic state and have dream like visionaries, if go even more...you loss conscious and find your self in lucid dream...but there is nothing after this, because called "COMA"...

This is Meditation from low levels to high trance levels

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I aint used music for a long time now. You are 100% right you can hear the inner voice more

Oh yea and that floating feeling is strange, not to mention when the song stops it stops the whole meditation.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by psycho81]

Well thanks for telling me ! The floating feeling Ive only had one or two times, its very difficult to achieve, everything has to be completely balanced and right within you, your frame of mind and state of meditation.
I dont know if its achievable all the time, probably not I guess, I was surrounded by violet the last time it happened to me . I accept it will not happen everytime, I accept what ever happens in meditation as the norm for that day! Everything is completely as it should be when you float isnt it, your totally at one with yourself, life and the universe

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

and how are "hearing" your inner voice? with your ears? Why would it matter what is coming in the physical receptors when trying to get in touch with a hyper dimensional influence?

Not to mention music is literally resonance and harmonics, which can literally shake your physical self to a specific frequency. So in theory, you can probably attain more control using music as it can be considering a physical calibration of your intension. Why do you think monks chant? Why do you think people use Mantras?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
reply to post by psycho81

and how are "hearing" your inner voice? with your ears? Why would it matter what is coming in the physical receptors when trying to get in touch with a hyper dimensional influence?

Not to mention music is literally resonance and harmonics, which can literally shake your physical self to a specific frequency. So in theory, you can probably attain more control using music as it can be considering a physical calibration of your intension. Why do you think monks chant? Why do you think people use Mantras?

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Shakesbeer]

No I think a mantra is different to music as its within your own mind, music is not and it can become a distraction. Ive got a monk chant CD which actually was very good but I seem to have lost it
that was not like music it was as you say more of a mantra.
Everything has its place but at the moment Im just happy with the silence. Psycho is right, once the music stops so do you, its a limitation your adding, I found I often just fell asleep when the music finished too!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

"right" & "wrong" is a matter of perspective, and define "music" for me please then...

If you're agreeing that one context of sound waves are useful, then you can't negate others just because it doesn't work for you

What is "music" to you vs. what a mantra is, vs what a chant is...? That seems to be the problem with Psycho and your perspectives currently. It's not the music's fault you can't keep your mind focused. These states are attainable while doing pretty much anything, but most do it just sitting still as a matter of practicality for the most part. So distraction? No it's about focus, it's all about focus. The fundimental reason one goes into a "meditative state" is to focus. So if sound helps (which is absolutely does), then you can't say "music doesn't help", certain music just may not help you. (hypothetical "you")

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

"right" & "wrong" is a matter of perspective, and define "music" for me please then...

If you're agreeing that one context of sound waves are useful, then you can't negate others just because it doesn't work for you

What is "music" to you vs. what a mantra is, vs what a chant is...? That seems to be the problem with Psycho and your perspectives currently.

This seems to mine and psychos problem
I soooooo wish I was as good as you
Your my hero!
Seriously though I dont class a mantra as music, its a mind chant thats within, music is outside our inner hearing, yes a distraction I will say.

( I am joking above Ok please dont take it wrong, we dont want another on line soap opera do we like the last disagreement on AP became
)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hi everyone...

I thought I would drop by and let you know that I posted a meditation podcast last night that you might find useful. It's a little over 8 minutes long, and is for end of day relaxation and sleep...works quite well, by all accounts! Hope you enjoy and I would appreciate some feedback if you have the time..

Blessings

Caitlin
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Music
- an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.

- the tones or sounds employed, occurring in single line (melody) or multiple lines (harmony), and sounded or to be sounded by one or more voices or instruments, or both.

- any sweet, pleasing, or harmonious sounds or sound

Chant

- a short, simple melody, esp. one characterized by single notes to which an indefinite number of syllables are intoned, used in singing psalms, canticles, etc., in church services.

- any monotonous song.

- a song; singing

Mantra

- a word or formula, as from the Veda, chanted or sung as an incantation or prayer.

So what was that again about music/chants/mantras not being the same thing?

-takes off into the sky like Superman to re-affirm his "hero" status-

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thanks for posting the link, I'm sure it will come in handy for many here. I was actually just thinking about using the power of suggestion on myself in a similar way that's on the podcast there. It's always nice to have a good example to learn from.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So what was that again about music/chants/mantras not being the same thing?

-takes off into the sky like Superman to re-affirm his "hero" status-

OK superman you win, I dread to think what you look like in those tight pants though. There not black leather are they...

I still find music has become a distraction, I guess my problem is I havent found the right music maybe.

MG

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Well Hello

Welcome to the thread and thank you so much for posting the link. I will give you feedback as soon as I play the link

MG... Shakerbeer

I know what music is just I find meditaion a lot better without it, that way I am not associating feeling with lryics I may hear or parts of the song I love - hate.

With no music I can really reach the inner energy, once I get into deep meditation "I am the Music"

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
For me, music is very effecting for starting meditation.. if i dont use the healing sounds that is, then i dont really need the music, but i still enjoy it... it works good when focusing on love and feelings I think... (I don't use music with lyrics, as it may distract me, and make me think about it).. the goal here is distract your physical self (unless your doing a meditation for focusing on senses / the body etc...)

I've started to just examine myself while listening to some of my favourite songs (outside of meditation).. and I find that when certain songs, high energy ones or something and when the guitar solo peaks or whatever... I can feel this inner stirring in my sacral thats like pure bliss, so much i wouldn't be suprised if someone else felt it off me.

Hmm what else...

I do believe shakesbeer is right about mantras though... i had to think harder about music, and frequencies before I thought I really understand, as to actually find mantras usefull.

Think of it like alchemy....

take note, this octave... in this scale with these other notes in this scale, harmonize with something else playing in the same scale etc... etc... just imagine you got this wierd multi-layered wave like //\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\ like a cord of frequency, specifically coded... and think about like say the air you breathe as being a frequency as well, a code etc.... they both are programmed to stir up certain things, that is, if we are "attuned" to it.

Someone has a thread like this goin right now... essentially... you could use music to feed yourself I bet, if you knew what you were doing.

Mantras work, but nothing works if you don't think it works.

Another word for Mantra.. i think they call it a "spell".. so essentially.... music = a spell... mantras = spell... you know what i'm getting at.

You know what shakesbeer is getting at.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

yeah what that guy said!

What's ultra cool is when you realize all these frequencies transpose to numbers, which transpose to frequency, and all frequencies express themselves in a similiar manners. Mean there is a corresponding frequency for "red" and "blue" which would be like 1000x's higher then middle C or something like that...forget the actual wavelength now, been awhile. But not sure if anyone here has seen music(via color) or knows someone who can..but that's an example.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I put this on one day while looking for some meditation music, and its rare when this online radio station is not playing on my computer, when i go to bed, and even to work.. i try to harmonize my living space while i'm not there.. must be why i can only meditate in my room, i have made it so peaceful.

somafm.com...

go there and take a look, a pop up for a playlist will appear, allow it to open in winamp or wherever it goes.. if you dont have winamp you can backtrack and theres a media player option... i just save the playlist, its just a link pretty much... when i open winamp its already there ready to go, i just have to hit play.

I just bought the album off that guy, i don't know if i mentioned it here? I was meditating on love and this song or rather TUNE.. (theirs no lyrics)... came on that radio station and it was doing things for me.. i was already in like deep meditation and it just stimulated all sorts of loving feelings in me.. i wanted to get up and check what it was so i could find it and download it, but i didn't wanna wreck the moment, i was just deep into it. And for months, (since february).. I have been trying to locate it, trying to figure out who made it based on what the station plays... and then finally..after months of manifestation lol.. i came into my room and it was playing, so i found the artist and bought the album online.. couldn't be happier.
But its still not the same as that first time when it was new, so harmonizing.

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join