It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra Meditation

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kappo

Thats interesting.

The question is, was this singer actually dreaming a similar thing?

I wonder about these things, shared dreams, shared realities. I believe they are all shared, but some things we are able to "make up", create illusions of. I think theres obvious differences... you can think of a person, and they appear, but they dont do anything or say anything really, ha.

But then you see this person, who has a unique personality, who you have never met in your waking life. Very interesting.

You must have really been enjoying the music to go to a concert in your dreams. Interesting. I love to disect these things looking for the meaning.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
reply to post by Kappo

Thats interesting.

The question is, was this singer actually dreaming a similar thing?

I wonder about these things, shared dreams, shared realities. I believe they are all shared, but some things we are able to "make up", create illusions of. I think theres obvious differences... you can think of a person, and they appear, but they dont do anything or say anything really, ha.

But then you see this person, who has a unique personality, who you have never met in your waking life. Very interesting.

You must have really been enjoying the music to go to a concert in your dreams. Interesting. I love to disect these things looking for the meaning.

What's interesting is I don't really like that song when I'm awake (I mean, it's okay, but I don't really care for it..). I think the lyrics are possibly the reason, I have been trying to just live in the present and the lyrics are something like 'now or never' and it wasn't really a proper concert thing, it was like a small room and everyone was at tiny tables, and she was standing on this wooden stage with red curtains etc etc. Could've been her early days seeing as she said the song was 2 years old and the uk one was a remix (on the radio 2 weeks ago).

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thats pretty interesting. You could have been viewing an earlier stage of her life.

I have dreams of the future all the time that come true, and I think I do have dreams of past lives..pretty sure of it... Interesting.

Dreams to me seem to be an any time any place type of thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this!

Mr.Green turned me to this thread (it helped with his Sleeping issues).

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hey guys CavemanDD did that chakra check with the hand and my lower ones are a little out of balance. Going to try that tecnuiqe you mentioned as I really did feel the resistance on top 4 chakra's but not on the lower.

MG you are doing brilliant we all get them off days where we find it hard to meditate, and I dont mean brilliant as in "hey your at master level 100,000,000"

We are all still learning and the learning will never stop, thats the best thing about it "Time is irrelevant"

[edit on 26-4-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Wellcome sounds like sombody is happy
Nice to meet you, sit back relax and join in. Could you please share the story though because you got me intrigued now

Yes MG is a great person I can not thank her enough for the help she gave me

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

I'm glad that worked for you
. Its a pretty good technique that I think should be circling around more.

I need to work on my lower chakras too. Its good stuff to work with man... I gotta work on the solar plexus... energy...confidence.... if you have energy and confidence in your abilities, you will go far in life with your abilty to love and teach. I've been told by an astrologist that developing confidence would be the key to my success.

I must say man... i used to not have much of it, until I got a good kick... everyone should work on developing self-confidence.

I think a lot of us who are lacking in the lower chakras are...perhaps.. I wanna say.. trying not to be so attached to this world.. while trying not to over-do the ego part?

I don't know... I gotta stop posting today because I've had a couple drinks and I've known a decrease in usefullness of my oppinions, ha.

But uhh.. I think the full balance of our being is key here.

Nothing is impossible, we can accomplish anything.. we see people and think wow... I wish I was like that person... but I have to say something that was said to me.... "don't admire the person, admire the quality".

We admire these people because we see their qualities as ones we perhaps would like to posess. And I say to you this... It is within our reach.

Be the person you want to be.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yea tell me about it I used to really lack self confidence, I felt so pushed into a corner and felt like I didn’t fit in well. Supposed I lived a crazy life at a young age, once I got older I had done most of the things in life and grew older and wiser to them.

The safest place was inside away from all these crazy people. Since seeing both Alien and UFO in Ilkley moor England over 10 years ago I always felt different. Drove me insane, I mean I still had a social life but as I said I was like I didn’t fit. I could just predict situations before they happened and kind of just sat there listening to people babble on about something. Only to see the outcome I predicted so it became boring.

I just sometime could not pretend to be happy when I knew what was happening. The good news now though is since speaking openly about it and discovering my inner self through meditation, I have faced the problem of “Lacking Self Confidence”

You just need to understand yourself to understand the problem, Meditation is brilliant for that. This is about “You” finding that “You” and that you live in the present, Not the Past and Not the Future.

I just watched a good lecture on Remote Viewing and here is a quote from the lecture that I found just amazing.

“Does time really exist as we have been taught or is everything happening at once and it’s simply in separate frames?”

Remember this is about you and your journey and not in the Ego sense. Believe in yourself

[edit on 26-4-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Hey Thanks! Its nice to meet you too!!

I have issues with Sleep. For the past 2 years, I have dreams (similar to Mr G's) with the Ringing in the ears and Sleep Paralysis. I have some interesting dreams involving guns, being chased, being dragged accross the floor. Just some strange and scary stuff. Its like a cycle though. I'll go 3 months with no nightmares, or sleep paralysis, and then Ill have a solid month of it. Its strange really.

When I have these dreams I try not to stress myself out, and just let the dreams happen. But sometimes, I'm not so rational. Sometimes I get so freaked out by the fact that my legs and my arms can't move that I start to panic...and generally that makes the dream worse. I try to look at is at though its my own fear or stress that is "creating" the dream...that there is nothing in my room pulling at my legs, or pushing on my chest, or trying to cause me harm. That its just a dream.

As best as I can figure, its just my own fears. My own psycholgical thought process and insecurities and stress. In my Psychology class, we did a section on Dreams (sleep paralysis and different theories on dreams. Freud mostly), and I figured that if I can just "be" with the fact that my dreams are just "dreams" and not actually physically happening, I can keep myself from panicking and making it worse.

I was interested in what MrG was saying about Meditation helping them with the ringing in the ears. Because for me, the ringing is loud, and uncomfortable, its a drilling vibration (similar to that of the dentist drill). Lately the dreams have simmered down, I've been sleeping with a night-light (Don't laught, I'm 22). And that has made me more comfortable with sleeping. BUT I am interested in the Meditation and how to make the ringing stop...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is in reply to CA_Orot

oh god! Ok I'll tell you what I know to be true to me in my experience..

Man, first... forget that crap you read about dreams... your own dreams can only be correctly interpreted by YOU... as everything is personal perception... I could give you a few details about a topic and you could have a good idea about it, but you wouldn't understand it as clearly as you would if you experienced the topic yourself.. For istance...when you experience things, you do so on many concious, subconcious, levels... the 5 senses etc... Words could not possibly describe our perception of our direct moment.

Sleep paralysis... it is scary... scares the hell out of me every time but I know this to be because I've always been afraid of the unknown..detachment, yet its the thing I strive to know the most. It seems that there is a consistant duality in the universe... yes or no... electrons vs protons... in the binary computer sense...every computer program as real as they appear, is a string of 1's and 0's.....

What I am saying is, there is love = creation, movement, being, which you could define learning as when you break it down... it is the positive force..

And there is fear... it is uncertainty.. it is logic, that need we have to try and calculate the meaning of things. One could compare hate to fear.. as it is simply the absence of love, not exactly "anti-love".. again I would have to break these vague things down to 1's and 0's and get right into it. We fear what we don't understand, and so.... how to de eliminate fear? Its an easy one.... We learn.

Your nightmares..your sleep paralysis... if you just bury the memories of them they will dwell in your subconcious, which will effect your life in subtle ways you might not even be aware of. Or you could embrace the experiences and try to learn about it, so that you understand it, and so you don't fear it... and in time, you may even love it.

If you are curious about sleep paralysis...look up astral project, or Out of Body Experiences... theres good threads about the subject on this website.

When you experience that paralysis...(its crazy, it feels like your dieng
.. in a way)... you can project your awareness out of your body... astral projection.. to leave the body in a manner of speaking without actually leaving it... essentially, the world you explore is of the dream-world, but that itself is up to personal perception. I was reading a book about astral projection, and they did tests on a guy, they placed something in a box in a room or something... he then projected... found out what was in that box, and then woke up and told them what it was.

But yeah, thats a whole different can of worms all together man, you gotta really start from the basics. Start to generalise the world around you and see how everything compares, then start to look for the connections, then develope your own insights and go from there, it will open a door of utmost clarity and sense of being.

Stress can be rough, but we can't run from it, we have to analyse it to ever over-come it, otherwise it will ride on our subconcious..

Don't doubt the power of subconcious thought man.. for all you know, the decisions or lack there of you make now could be completely related to a past mistake or insecurity from like...TEN years ago that you've been dwelling on. Its that powerful. Get to know your mind. Start to pick apart your thoughts and ask yourself how much of it is uniquely you...and how much of it is programming / societal influences? A great deal I would say... it affects the jokes we make, different shades of our personality, and the outtermost layer of our belief system... that being... "what society deems to be normal.. scientifically...logically"

The real nightmare is waking life, and through increasing our awareness/ understanding of our surroundings through exploring the deep core of our being, will turn it into a wonderful dream. You start to live life the way you want to..you start to think the way you want.. and you start to do things "the right way"... or...your perception of the right way.. and let me tell you... it is amazing.

Taking that first step into the unknown corridors of your mind will set you free.

The fear you once posessed will be replaced with happyness and clarity.

Have fun, its an interesting trip.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by CavemanDD]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

nothing wrong with night lights either

Having light adds comfort to the room. The blue light from my computer speakers is pretty bright and casts a nice soft blue glow to my white walls when the room is dark. My room is very relaxing for me, as it should be for you.

I could see why you would want a light.. for when all is dark.. it limits are ability to percieve our surroundings (we THINK..).. and survival mode kicks in.... we don't know whats going on in the room so where there is the lack of knowledge...thats right, there is fear. Fear can be a horrible thing but look at this way... you are like a brilliantly designed computer beyond all comprehension... the experience of fear is like you kicking into overdrive, throwing in variables trying to explain your situation. It is like the ultimate programming uncertainty, but it is not a constant, it is the process.. for an answer eventually comes and the fear sensation subsides. Its in our nature to wanna KNOW things... we feel a certain satisfaction when do..or THINK we do.. So... put this in perspective.. we take for granted our knowledge of things, for if we didn't know anything, we would live in constant fear... the constant irratic, and unstable calculations. Though the calculations seem to never stop, once we start to organise them the sensation that follows you could describe as "wonderful".

I believe people sleep with blankets for a similar reason they may only be subconciously be aware of. People have this fear they could be..attacked or something while sleeping, its the openess that gets to them I think.. When we lie down on our beds, we feel open.. but that sheet...it doesnt matter how thin it is either which is the funny part... it makes us feel safe... ( a bedsheet would make a lousy protective shield).. I think its the contact with the sheet, the contact of energies. Why do people usually put there beds against a wall too? We like to feel enclosed to a comfortable degree. It all seems rather silly when you think of it, but when we acknowledge that we can work with it and help to optimise the comfort of our surroundings. Lets not also forget the tactile pleasure of bedsheets..so nice to touch. ha... but you what i mean though? we do whatever we can to make sleep pleasurable, comfortable, safe... we feel can totally let our guard down, but more then that we feel it doesnt matter.

I've noticed a huge effect on myself just by getting my place carpeted... its very secure feeling. Pretty funny to think about.

Crank up that night light dude.. who cares how old you are, i'm also 22.. to say such things are childish are again, exterior forces imposing their concepts on our own, trying to change how we feel about things. No'one can know whats best for you but YOU.

So to end those long rants... Have some sweet dreams

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Sit down, sit still, you dont need to meditate or nothing... raise a hand, feel it, then move it towards a chakra... we'll say your 3rd eye... so say..raise your hand to your forehead without touching it.... move your hand back and forth..closer and farther from the chakra... I find it kinda wants to BOUNCE away... the more active the chakra, the more obvious this feeling is, and the more it wants to repell your hand. This is a good way to guage which of your chakras are your strongest or most active, so you know what to work it... I started working with my lower chakras when I realised I could hardly feel them.

Thanks caveman this sounds really interesting I'll def try it. You mention your higher chakras becoming stronger than your lower ones, I too feel this. Somedays its like they are hardly there and I do try and spend more time on them now. I start off by visualizing the root one with a large red orb and try to get it spinning, once its spinning I move it out of my body so its visually in front of me spinning. I do this then will the other 6, I find this helps in activating them. The aim is to have all 7 spinning brightly outside my body in the exact place all lined up.

I have felt the energy in my hand chakras for a while now, its a faint force that radiates out and is excellent in giving total balance.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Hi caveman. Well I went to sleep last night at around 1am saying to myself I would have lucid dreams and if possible I would AP. I forgot to set my alarm..but that didn't matter because a house alarm went off extreamly loud at 6.30am. So Im awake at the correct time to induce lucid dreams and Im there saying to myself sleep,sleep ,sleep and ..nothing happened! Well nothing that I can remember. I know last night I dreamed alot but I just can't remember a thing and I don't think they were lucid dreams. With me Im starting to think things only happen to me when they are suposed to happen I can not force anything. Maybe I need to accept this and be happy with it and just meditate in between .

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

Hi caveman. Well I went to sleep last night at around 1am saying to myself I would have lucid dreams and if possible I would AP. I forgot to set my alarm..but that didn't matter because a house alarm went off extreamly loud at 6.30am. So Im awake at the correct time to induce lucid dreams and Im there saying to myself sleep,sleep ,sleep and ..nothing happened! Well nothing that I can remember. I know last night I dreamed alot but I just can't remember a thing and I don't think they were lucid dreams. With me Im starting to think things only happen to me when they are suposed to happen I can not force anything. Maybe I need to accept this and be happy with it and just meditate in between .

Isn't that only 5 and a half hours though?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kappo

actually I went to sleep at 1.30 am so technically its 5 hours, and the alarm may have gone off at 7.30 I really can't remember now. If so that would be 6 hours wouldn't it, can't remember it was all just TOO early kappo:
Point is though nothing happened that I remember. No it can't have been 7.30 must have gone off earlier, does this gap have to be exactly 6 hours? How would you work that out it may take you longer to get to sleep than you thought so its open to problems isn't it. You say go to bed at 1am set you alarm for 7am (6 hours gap) but lie there for an hour trying to get to sleep, alarm goes off at 7am you've only really had 5 hours sleep.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Kappo

actually I went to sleep at 1.30 am so technically its 5 hours, and the alarm may have gone off at 7.30 I really can't remember now. If so that would be 6 hours wouldn't it, can't remember it was all just TOO early kappo:
Point is though nothing happened that I remember. No it can't have been 7.30 must have gone off earlier, does this gap have to be exactly 6 hours? How would you work that out it may take you longer to get to sleep than you thought so its open to problems isn't it. You say go to bed at 1am set you alarm for 7am (6 hours gap) but lie there for an hour trying to get to sleep, alarm goes off at 7am you've only really had 5 hours sleep.

I think the key thing is here...no matter what the time... you have to be in a DEEP sleep... you have to be tired enough to wake up for 3 seconds and pass right out.. Pretend its a work day.. you hear the alarm but you're super exausted and your like ahhh (various curse words)..and you hit the alarm and think ahh I gotta get up for work..and then you just fall asleep for like 20 minutes, maybe even being late for work.

I'm just saying.. you wanna be tired enough to fall right back to sleep within seconds, but in a deep enough sleep for dreams.

One can argue that you never REALLY actually wake up... your eyes just maybe open for a second, you hit the alarm and pass out.

I don't know how well this would work if you forced it, I think the idea is a straight sleep..with a mild interuption to try and click in your mind knowledge of the concious world.

And I think you are right Ms Green.. I believe there is a time for everything... I think lucid dreams are a way to guide towards Astral Projection because I was given that opportunity and I failed the test because my fears manifested for me. (in the AP, my room-mate turned into a grey creature with big eyes and jagged teeth :lol
It startled me and that was it.

I wouldn't try this so much as an experiment because it instills this alertness or willingness that might just wake you up and you won't be able to sleep... its like how you know you're gunna get 4 hours of sleep one night, and you know you have the tendency to sleep in, but because you have something important to do the next day, you'll always wake up in time... the mental alarm.

I don't know... try doing it passively throughout the week, like any night where you go to bed late because your too busy doing stuff, that would be a good test.. but leave your alarm set early so you're able to sleep to your normal time.

If your alarm is too loud or something, you could try a computer alarm/sound notification, or a cell phone alarm.

You don't want to wake up with your heart pounding, just enough to disturb your sleep and see if the concious reality clicks in before you pass out again.

I'm gunna start experimenting with this again throughout the week
I'll let you know how I do.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

With me Im starting to think things only happen to me when they are suposed to happen I can not force anything. Maybe I need to accept this and be happy with it and just meditate in between .

That really goes for everyone as it is more a state of mind then it is a technique. That being said, you can induce LD's any time you want once you know what you're looking for but at one point you realize how completely un-necessary it is. It really doesn't matter too much on how tired you are, what really matters is being able to relax and hold a concept in your mind.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yes think I have been trying to hard to fall into a lucid dream. Went to bed about 1:30-2am and set my alarm for 8:45am. Thing is though when I woke up I was wide awake so I played on my NDS for a while.

Then went back to sleep about 10:45am, Took me ages to drift back off though because my mind was so active. I think I was just about Lucid Dreaming and my phone went off. So after the phone call my mind was active once again so I spen the best part of the morning trying to get back to sleep. In the end I got up at 2pm

Tonight I am going to just try setting my alarm just a little earlier say 5+ hours into my sleep and keep my alarm really close. Not going to open my eyes I am just going to turn the alarm off and go back to sleep hopefully with my awarness.

I think it's just a matter of finding out what works best. It's about finding the right moment for REM. We all sleep at different hours so to look at how sombody else is doing it may throw you miles away from LD.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The Experience of Lucid Dreaming
If you haven’t yet had a lucid dream, you may find it difficult to imagine what it is like. Although you have to experience it to really know what it is like (“’Those who taste, know”), it is possible to get an idea of the experience
by comparing lucid dreaming to a presumably more familiar state of consciousness: the one you are in right now! The following experiential
exercise will guide you through a tour of your everyday waking state of con-ciousness. Spend about one minute on each of the steps.

EXERCISE: YOUR PRESENT STATE OF CONSCIOUSNESS

1. Look

Become aware of what you see: notice the richly varied and vivid impressions—shapes, colors,
movement, dimensionality,
the entire visible world.

2. Listen

Become aware of what you hear: register the various sounds taken in by your ears—a diverse range of intensities, pitches, and tonal qualities, perhaps including the commonplace miracle of speech or the wonder of music.

3. Feel

Become aware of what you touch: texture (smooth, rough, dry, sticky, or wet), weight (heavy,light, solid, or empty), pleasure, pain, heat and cold, and the rest. Also note how your body feels right now and compare that to the many other ways it feels at other times, tired or energetic, stiff or limber, painful or pleasant, and so on.

4. Taste

Become aware of what it is like to taste: taste a number of different foods and substances, or remember and vividly imagine their tastes.

5. Smell

Become aware of what you smell: the odor of warm bodies, earth, incense, smoke, perfume, coffee, onions, alcohol, and the sea. Remember and imagine as many of them as you can.

6. Breathing

Attend to your breathing. A moment ago you probably were not consciously aware of your breathing even though you have inhaled and exhaled fifty times while doing this exercise. Hold your breath for a few seconds. Let it out. Now take a deep breath. Notice that being conscious
of your breathing allows you to alter it deliberately.

7. Emotions

Become aware of your feelings. Remember the difference between anger and joy, serenity and excitement, and as many other emotions as you care to feel. How real do emotions feel?

8. Thoughts

Become aware of your thoughts. What have you been thinking while doing this exercise? What are you thinking right now? How real do thoughts seem?

9. “I”

Become aware of the fact that your world always includes
you. As William James noted, it is /see, / hear, / feel, I think that is the basic fact of experience. 5 You are not what you see, hear,
think, or feel; you have these experiences. Perhaps most essentially, you are who is aware. You are always at the center of your multidimensional
universe of experience, but you are not always consciously aware of yourself. Briefly repeat the exercise with the following difference:
At the same time you attend to each of the various aspects of your experience, be aware that it is you who is noticing these things (“I see the light...”).

10. Awareness of awareness

Finally, become aware of your awareness. Normally, awareness focuses on objects outside ourselves, but it can itself be an object of awareness. In the light of ordinary experience, we seem to be distinct and limited centers of awareness, each alone in our inner worlds. In the light
of eternity, mystics tell us, we are ultimately all one—the unlimited awareness that is the source of being. Here, experience cannot be adequately expressed by language.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Then went back to sleep about 10:45am, Took me ages to drift back off though because my mind was so active. I think I was just about Lucid Dreaming and my phone went off. So after the phone call my mind was active once again so I spen the best part of the morning trying to get back to sleep. In the end I got up at 2pm

2pm!! You lazy thing. This is my point though messing about with sleep patterns may not actually induce anything if we are not ready to recieve this information. Saying that I didn't get up until 11.30am but its still not 2pm
The house alarm disturbed my sleep and like caveman says as it woke me up with my heart pounding I had no chance of anything happening did I. It did take a while to get back to sleep after that especially as it went on for about 5 mins.

No I have realized I personally can not induce any of these things and I am happy for them to happen in their own good time, I asked myself this question today in meditation , you know when your mind is alert at the start and you get thoughts coming into your head, well my answer came as just look within and the answer is there. So rather than induce all sorts of dreams and astral travels Im really going to concentrate on my inner voice during meditation. This is where my answer is.

If from listening and seeking this answer it leads to lucid dreams as a way of giving me answers then so be it. Inner peace and quite is probably the best thing all of us can seek for answers.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join