It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra Meditation

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I had another lucid dream this morning, as brief as it was, it was VERY interesting.

Ok I can tell you this, having varied knowledge of these things has seen to have paid off through..i'm not sure if its concious knowledge, subconcious or unconcious or a little bit of both.

I went to bed at midnight, and this is interesting... I know that usually the 6th hour or so of sleep, thats where dreams really start to be conciously realised.. i've also noted that when I'm in this deep state its harder for me to wake up...my alarm would ring at 6 am, i'd shut it off, be awake for 3 minutes then pass right out.

Ok so this is what I think happened, the alarm woke me, but only slightly because i was in a deep sleep... I think because of the content of the dream I was having, I hit the alarm off..carefull not to move my body too much because I knew this would wake me...but yeah I think i just wanted to prolong the dream, the same dream, and I knew this was possible as I had done it before...

when you are in that between state of dreaming and waking, you can say "sleep sleep sleep! dream dream dream!" and will yourself back in the dream..."

And heres the thing... I woke for that breif few seconds, so I was aware of these 2 different realities... I understood what I dream was and was directing it on a concious level, "lucid dream". It was like I accepted I already woke up but decided to linger for a bit and I generated a few things I just wanted to see, it made me happy. And I woke up 3 - 5 minutes which felt like an eternity, and kinda gave an interesting feel to the morning. I find the sleep conclusion to be very important to the start of your day.

Anyways, so I basically came here to explain a possible technique..

I usually don't get enough sleep so I think this is effective... go to bed late... set your alarm for 6 hours later..the REM sleep period or whatever..have the alarm close, within arm reach, you should be able to turn it off with your eyes closed if you've been using it for a while.... keep your eyes closed if you can, if you open them, simply close em fast, and tell yourself "DREAM, DREAM, DREAM, SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP" I find that when I do this there is a temporary moment of doubt but I always always innevitably fall asleep. And this I believe could effectively trigger lucid dreams.

I know its off-topic, but we were discussing it. This thread has seemed to take off and cover a broad range, which is excellent.. for such broad ranged topics though I usually post on the higher light thread.. but i'll try to make more of an appearance around here.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Well I have not had much sleep this week so I may try this tonight. So I will set my alarm for 6 hours and keep it close by. Will let you know if I manage to Lucid Dream

Brilliant advice by the way. Thanks for dropping in the thread again :

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Sounds really interesting, thank you for sharing

I was gonna try this but then you said about being used to your alarm clock, I never use mine cus it has this really loud beeping sound and when I put it near my bed, the numbers are really bright so it's annoying lol.. But it wakes up the whole house

I was wondering if you've tried to go to sleep with music playing on loop in your ears?
I wonder what that'd do.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kappo

Once when I was drunk and I could not work out what was happening when I woke up in the night. I though I passed out in the pub or something, I was like "Where is that music coming from"

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
reply to post by Kappo

Once when I was drunk and I could not work out what was happening when I woke up in the night. I though I passed out in the pub or something, I was like "Where is that music coming from"

Once when I was young, I wanted to impress this random person at this swimming pool place and I said: 'Once I slept with music on, and when I woke up, I kept saying the words of the song instead of normal speech. True story =0.'
Then he asked me what song and I said, I forgot, because really, it was an embarassing song.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kappo

I was wondering if you've tried to go to sleep with music playing on loop in your ears?
I wonder what that'd do.

I listen to ambient music..it...does things to me, man. It organises the energy in my being, I can feel it.
I open winamp, throw on the somaFM station, the "Drone Zone" one... just google it, you'll find it. Its good stuff. I usually have this running all day constantly.

When I sleep... I also listen to it..but very low that I can barely hear it over the computer fan..just because sometimest its too loud.. I find that it sometimes wakes me up and I have to turn it down while still half-asleep... I think its the bass.. its disrupts your sleep I think... so I turn the bass to zero and it doesnt really bother me.

Its excellent meditation music.. some people prefer complete silence for that, non-contamination concept I suppose you'd call it... but I love it.. music is very mathematical with certain energetic healing and altering properties, ambient music like this I thing really helps me RELAX...and brings to mind appreciation of beauty and harmony...balance and intelligence in the universe.. I think about aliens, realities, energy patterns... it really makes the meditation great for me.. 1. I find its easier and faster for me to enter a deeper level of meditation... and 2. When I get to that deeper level it really starts to pluck the strings of your being so to speak.... feelings of nirvana or pseudonirvana.. you almost feel like crying from the amount of love/beauty, but you do not... you dwell on the feelings for a bit if your in need of that sort of healing,...but you move on.. and think about the nature of the universe..your being, and remain on a stable line of concentration.

It really creates wonderful experiences for me.

Would I recommend music for meditation? If it works for you... would I recommend SomaFM Drone Zone? Hell yes I would...varied artists...beautiful music.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Be advised, the following post is a joke.

Are you interested with time travel? Have you ever wanted to meet yourself from a different time?

I make all these decisions I'm afraid I'll regret so I send myself personal messages to the future
Its usually a file or folder on my desktop that says "Steve, read this!".. and its wierd cuz its like someone else is talking to you... and I decide to make it fun, its usually a text file and its like "Steve.. hey man, listen...you moved this file from your hard drive, because you needed to do this, if you're having problems, all you have to do is move it back"

And then you'll stumble across the file like several months later... and its pretty funny, its like whoa... i'm talking to myself in another time. Its like communicating through a time/space singularity in your computer.

I just find I've been doing it more and it gets funnier every time.. you should try it.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Very good point you make about lucid dreaming happeneing 6 hours after we get to sleep. Yes the odd time Ive got to the AP usually was between 6 and 7 am after going to bed late
Something has woke me up early and Ive thought oh this is far too early Im off back to sleep, only to then find my body slightly vibrating with a noise in my ears which then takes me to the astral plane. It always seems to happen at this time so I think your theory of setting your alarm for 6 hours later is excellent. Only thing is sometimes I find it hard to get back to sleep and I may be kicking myself for setting the dam alarm on those days

I also like your point of thinking about something before you get to sleep so much that it then becomes your lucid dream. Someone else has also said this to me.

Good points as always caveman

Now I had posted just before kappos amazing revelation regarding two old friends of ours getting married, so now all the congratulations and who har over that has subsided I'll post it again
(Hey I wonder where the honeymoon was....)
Does anyone else feel its impossible to remain spiritually aware like 24 hours a day, every day? Somedays I feel very enlightened then the next I do not. Some days my chakra meditation is awful and I just end up falling asleep.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
Does anyone else feel its impossible to remain spiritually aware like 24 hours a day, every day? Somedays I feel very enlightened then the next I do not. Some days my chakra meditation is awful and I just end up falling asleep.

I've been interested in the idea of this as well. While I maintain the idea that anything is possible, i'm not sure how to go about this.

Either its a matter of maintaining that post meditation vibe, or maybe its a cumulative thing where eventually your waking reality becomes more like that.

I've been reading this book and thinking about it, and I don't... i dont want to say I think its not possible, but I think there would be complications. I mean.. we are all universal beings, and being here on earth has required us to adapt to it, you see what I'm saying?

I don't know how one could live here comfortably when their mind is always off in the clouds, you would neglect daily chores, you wouldn't even eat, as you would be like totally detached.

I don't know, I could see it being very possible but requiring a great amount of awareness and mental discipline.

The concentration you reach in meditation..can apparently carry over in your regular life. I have seen a huge difference in the way I think compared to 1 - 2 years ago, concentration wise...problem solving-wise.. memory...

I was reading another book a little while ago that basically said that with enough meditation, you can reach that deep level of concentration very quickly... mastery of the jhanas or something to that degree... most of us get to level 1... then 2.....3... and that might take us an hour or so... apparently you can shoot right to what they describe as level 8 pretty quickly with enough practise.

i gotta go

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well cavemanDD I can say I think that setting the alarm nearly worked. I remember having a dream but just can't remember what. Going to give it another shot tonight. Well worth the try peeps

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I slept on the couch for a bit last night because I knew it would disrupt my sleep, hoping that it would wake me in the middle of these dreams and help this information register. I was able to hold on to some interesting stuff but it was lost.

But the point is... I went from dream state, to waking state...or that between state rather... at least 4 times. I remember thinking every time I was slightly awake how interesting it was. Its too bad I couldn't retain the knowledge because it was fascinating.

You have to keep telling yourself your thoughts are essential telepathic, and are shared with the universe, then you have to pick them apart.

actually I wrote something about that on my blog a little while ago.. its somewhere that I store these meditations/thoughts I have, but I find i'm always updating it with newer concepts.

caveman-cavemansblog.blogspot.com...

But yeah... this between state, its very interesting. A tip on reaching it/working with it.

Go to meditate...but get comfortable..really comfortable... lie down, maybe with your legs folded, not so much in a sleep position but lets say a really comfortable meditation position... i used to meditate like this all the time, i couldnt do it any other way. When you're lieing down like this and meditating.. it helps if you're tired, or maybe didn't get enough sleep.

When your starting to clear your mind you'll suddenly get these like 15 minute periods of lost time maybe... you think...did I fall asleep? But you felt somewhat concious that whole time. You'll start to meditate, and think of things, but the things that pop in your head start to increase and become more random.

You know when your really tired and your almost asleep and all of a sudden something pops in your head like...fruit trees, pants and rock n roll... and your like WHAT? huh? and you kinda wake up and realise you were falling asleep.

But anyways, i wanted to work with that state, some cool stuff popped into my head but it was hard to hold on to, it was easily lost, like most dreams because I think the frequency of the information is hard to contain...like teaching calculus to an infant someone once said to me... its a matter of tuning yourself to analyse and recall that information.

I recall at one point something popped in my head like... beams of energy from the earth and this and that... it made total sense to me at the time, it could have been related to Ley Lines, as I was asking about them last night.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
Well cavemanDD I can say I think that setting the alarm nearly worked. I remember having a dream but just can't remember what. Going to give it another shot tonight. Well worth the try peeps

nice, i'm glad you had a somewhat constructive experience like that instead of just a loss of sleep like Ms Green here stated, ha.

If your having trouble sleeping... just breathe like you would in meditation, breathe calm...and let the amount of air you take in decrease as it wants to, dont force it... keep your eyes shut and away from light.. your brain creates melatonin or something that helps you fall asleep every time there isnt enough light getting to your eyes apparently.

This is why some people recommend meditating with a bright light, the light goes through your eyelids and is enough to keep you stimulated I guess. I can say I agree with this concept.. I'm more successful in bright areas.

And yeah...as your eyes are shut... as your breathing becomes relaxed, I find i'm usually stressed about stuff, thinking that I might not get enough sleep and have a long day. Let me tell you... I think the number 1 thing that keeps us awake is an active mind... Tell yourself you'll be thinking about these issues in your dreamworld anyway, in better clarity perhaps.

Try this, when your breathing... i picture all the thoughts leaving my mind when I exhale..this is how I meditate as well.

I find, beyond any doubts I may have, this will EVENTUALLY make me sleep. It usually only takes me 30 minutes on the most restless nights.

One more thing:
I was thinking about how we sleep a little while ago. I was thinking...well... theres some nights I just hit the pillow and its like pure bliss and all I wanna do is sleep and it comes quick and natural.. and then there is other nights where I just can't figure out the dynamic of it, i don't know what triggers it, and just thinking about it causes me to lose 2 or more hours of sleep, that and thinking about a variety of other things.

Sleep:
1. PHYSICAL COMFORT... get comfortable, its hard sometimes..
2. Control your breathing, it will slow your pulse, you can focus on your pulse as well and try to slow it down, this is actually an astral projection technique..focusing on the pulse and the heart chakra...once you reach that 'between state' it gets wild! instead of feeling your physical heart you feel this energetic orb that is like spinning out of control and it becomes a lot to handle, it was for me anyway.

3. CLEAR MIND... or restfull mind... go to bed with no worries, no problems, for even if you do sleep..you might wake up 2 hours later with your mind going a mile a minute. Tell yourself you have all the time in the universe to figure these things out... simply just remove them from your mind at the time being, for you know that at the moment, physical rest is priority.

This always works for me guys.. so if you have trouble, give it a try

If you come up with a technique be sure to share

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

This is from a book verry intresting stuff.

Stephan LaBerge. Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming

How to Schedule Your Efforts for Best Results
Many lucid dreamers have reported that their lucid dreams happen most frequently after dawn,
in the late morning hours of sleep. A partial explanation for this is that there is more REM sleep
in the second half of the night than in the first. Additionally, analysis of the time of occurrence
of lucid dreams in the laboratory showed that the relative likelihood of lucid dreaming
continuously
increases with each successive REM period. 10
To illustrate what this means, let’s say that ordinarily you sleep for eight hours. In the course of
the night, you probably will have six REM periods, with the last half occurring in the last
quarter of the night. According to our research, the probability of your having a lucid dream
during these last two hours of sleep is more than twice as great as the probability of your having
a lucid dream in the previous six hours. This also means that, if you were to cut two hours from
your ordinary sleep time, you would halve your chances of lucid dreaming. Likewise, if you
normally get only six hours of sleep, you could double your chances of lucid dreaming by
extending your sleep by two hours.
The conclusion is obvious: If you want to encourage the occurrence of lucid dreams, extend
your sleep. If you are serious about lucid dreaming, and can find the extra time, you should
arrange at least one morning a week in which you can stay in bed for several hours longer than
usual.
Even though most people enjoy sleeping late, we don’t all have the time to do it. If you find that
you just cannot afford to spend more time in bed, there is a simple secret to increasing your
frequency of lucid dreaming that requires
no more time than the usual number of hours you
sleep.
The secret is to rearrange your sleep time. If you normally
sleep from midnight to 6: 00 a. m.,
then get up at 4: 00 a. m. and stay awake for two hours, doing whatever you need to do. Go
back to bed and catch up on your remaining sleep from 6: 00 to 8: 00 a. m. During the two
hours of delayed sleep you will have much more REM than you would have had sleeping at the
usual time (4: 00 to 6: 00), and you will enjoy an increased likelihood of lucid dreaming, with
no time lost to sleep.
Some lucid dreaming enthusiasts make rearranged sleep a regular part of their lucid dream
induction ritual. For example, Alan Worsley reports that when he wants to induce lucid dreams,
he goes to bed at 1: 30 a. m. and sleeps a little less than six hours, from about 2: 00 until 7: 45,
when the alarm clock awakens him. He then gets up and eats breakfast, drinks tea, reads the
newspaper, mail, etc., staying awake for two or three hours. At 9: 00 or 9: 30 he writes down in
detail his plans and intentions regarding specific experiments or activities he wants to carry out
in his lucid dreams and then goes back to bed, usually falling asleep by 10: 00 or 10: 30. He
then sleeps for several hours, during which he frequently has lucid dreams, sometimes extended
series of them lasting up to an hour. 11
Redistributing sleep can be a remarkably powerful way to facilitate lucid dreaming. Be sure to
try it. For the small amount of effort, you will be more than amply rewarded.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
EXERCISE: SCHEDULING TIME FOR LUCID DREAMING
1. Set your alarm
Before going to bed, set your alarm to awaken you two to three hours earlier than usual, and go
to sleep at your normal time.
2. Get out of bed promptly in the morning
When your alarm goes off, get out of bed immediately. You are going to stay awake for two or
three hours. Go about your business until about a half hour before returning to bed.
3. Focus on your intentions for your lucid dreams
For the half hour before you return to sleep think about what you want to accomplish in your
lucid dream: where you want to go, who you want to see, or what you want to do. You can use
this time to incubate a dream about a particular topic (see chapter 6). If you are working on any
of the applications in later chapters of this book, this is a good time to practice the exercises for
the applications.
4. Return to bed and practice an induction technique
After two or three hours have passed since you awakened,
make sure your sleeping place will
be quiet and undisturbed for the next couple of hours. Go to bed, and practice the induction
technique that works best for you. Techniques are provided in the next two chapters.
5. Give yourself at least two hours to sleep
Set your alarm or have someone awaken you if you like, but be sure to give yourself two hours
to dream. You are likely to have at least one long REM period in this time, perhaps two.
The morning hours are ideal for lucid dreaming for another reason. Although it takes us an hour
to an hour and a half to get to REM sleep at the start of the night, after several hours of sleep we
often can enter into REM only a few minutes after having been awake. Sometimes we can
awaken from a dream and reenter it moments later. These facts make possible another type of
lucid dream—the wake-initiated lucid dream,

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yes I have experienced that random thought stream just before you go to sleep. It can be pretty fun too, You just sort of semi wake up and think of something totaly random.

I normaly meditate myself to sleep and I also find it easy to meditate in a well lit room.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

Good stuff, thanks for the post. This stuff seems to be all pretty basic to what everyone else says. I think there is one under-lying theme here which I believe to be the true cause of lucid dreams by using any of these techniques.

--> INTENT.

By putting yourself through any of these routines, your essentially establishing that you wish to have a lucid dream. I think this is the strongest factor.

Very interesting techniques... I tried a similar for astral projection but just lost sleep over it. I set my alarm to 3 am, then layed still, relaxed, focused on my heart... and it should be easy to pass out and project because you should still be tired... but I found that I was just too disoriented from sleeping to concentrate on the process.

However... the first time I had a real successful Astral Projection... I can't remember if I meditated before bed...but I woke up at 3 - 4, all restless... i basically thought...ok...i'm not gunna be able to sleep..so I should meditate before I get up for work in a couple hours... I was lieng down doing my little meditation... it was a decent one as I recall as much to my suprise, my mind wasnt so clouded... at one point I think I did intend to astral project, or I put it out there anyway...asked for it..

Well... I lieing down when I was meditating... I must have passed out.. All of a sudden I was in my room, standing up, looking at the door...percieving things differently, things felt different... and I just knew I was out of body somehow.. I thought... i gotta go tell my room-mate, try to wake him up... i teleported to his room pretty much...and tried yelling, and it was interesting cuz it felt like energy was being drained the harder I tried to yell...i could hear myself but extremely low... i had forgotten someone said you cant talk in that manner while out of body...

anyways... my fear got the best of me at one point and I snapped back into my body. I then wrestled with brief periods of sleep paralysis for a couple hours before my alarm woke me for work. I was EXTREMELY tired that day...

I still thought it might have been a dream, but someone told me about how it can energetically drain you and I started to think of it differently.

So what I'm trying to get at with this story here... I think intent plays a key role, and no doubt meditation could help the process greatly...as well, perhaps the time of night, or period of sleep like psycho listed in the posts above.

I'll tell you this, this is something that is a truth for me... since I've started meditating, I've been having a lot of dreams... i used to think I only dreamed like 3 times a year!... I find that if I have like a 2 hour meditation one day, that I will have dreams, that I will be able to recall. Now, its just a matter of making them lucid dreams right? No doubt this is a skill that can be acquired.

I also had a crazy meditation once... it was like 2 -3 hours long, and the experience was good, and the concentration was deep... I then decided ok NOW...now I'm going to go to sleep, while in this state and see what happens.. (this is like ms green was talking about, maintaining that meditative state...this was like an experiment on that)..

well... what happened was I woke up and the next day I had like... .. CLARITY... my concentration was sharp. I could look at a street sign and think only of it and not be distracted.. When people talk to me I find I gotta fight to keep my mind from wandering...well I was very attentive as well. My concentration remained sharp for most of the day...but I noticed coffee kinda wrecked it.. I gotta learn to live without that stuff

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

Hi I read somewhere you should avoid meditating your self to sleep as your brain over time associates meditation with going to sleep! Thus the practise of meditation becomes weaker as this association increases. I do sometimes meditate late at night but this is usually in addition to another session that day.

OMG that how to induce lucid dreaming is a little like a military operation to me, I feel a couple of days doing that and my work would suffer! there must be an easier way psycho

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes your right we can't stay spiritual 100 % 24 /7 we'd get nothing done, but I do feel most days Im still in a state of meditation because all I have to do is close my eyes and I feel it. Sometimes its quite annoying because I know that if I wasn't at work or driving I could take this feeling when its strong and prob have a very good meditation session.
When I was in TSOL I seemed to be able to take my meditation deeper, I actually saw my 3rd eye when I was with them, I saw colours of the chakras but now its like Im having to re learn it all for myself. Did you find this caveman? You seem to me to have alot of this sorted though.
I would love to be able to visualize the 3rd eye again but its never returned, it was a big blue eye pulsing.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

interesting.

I've been visualising them in my mind yes, it has gotten easier to locate them with my mind since I started playing around with this hand technique I saw in this book.

Sit down, sit still, you dont need to meditate or nothing... raise a hand, feel it, then move it towards a chakra... we'll say your 3rd eye... so say..raise your hand to your forehead without touching it.... move your hand back and forth..closer and farther from the chakra... I find it kinda wants to BOUNCE away... the more active the chakra, the more obvious this feeling is, and the more it wants to repell your hand. This is a good way to guage which of your chakras are your strongest or most active, so you know what to work it... I started working with my lower chakras when I realised I could hardly feel them.

I've noticed that after meditating one day that all my chakras were stronger in this "spongy" electromagnetic sense.. Particularly the 3rd eye..

I've noticed that my throat and heart used to be the strongest, and still are...but lately the brow/3rd eye is sometimes as strong or stronger.

Using this technique helps to visualise the chakras, and re-assures you that they are something percievably real. And that makes all the difference.

When working with chakra, i close my eyes, and I can feel an area of my body with my mind, and I just think of it being an orb with the associated colour.

This stuff is relatively new to me as well so my insights on it aren't exactly fantastic. But they are deffinately helping me. It only gets better with practise.

I've been working alot with feeling the minor chakra/energy in my hands, and using it to feel objects without touching them, you can also see them in your mind with this method, its quite interesting.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hey there guys, hope you are all okay.

You know how I posted that I wondered what would happen if you went to sleep listening to music? Well I had a dream I was watching this singer perform at a miniconcert. (The artist is September and it's whatever the song is that's out in the UK at the moment). Except the lyrics were different and the tune was a little off.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join