It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Film To Show Dolphin Slaughter To The World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Secret Film To Show Dolphin Slaughter To The World

search.japantimes.co.jp

Captured dolphins were filmed writhing in pain as Taiji whalers speared them repeatedly or cracked their spines with spiked weapons. Stricken dolphins are also shown thrashing about wildly, blood pouring from their wounds until they finally succumbed. Meanwhile, a number of dolphin trainers and officials from the Taiji Whale Museum are shown cooperating in the slaughter — some even laughing — as the killing cove's bloodied, ruby-red water swept round into the adjacent capture cove.

But perhaps the most iconic scene is one in which a baby dolphin leaps to its death on the rocks after its mother is killed. This really was a surreal and incredibly sad sight to see.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Man this has to be one of the most sickening things taking place in this modern age. There needs to be put into place an INTERNATIONAL LAW against this type of thing. These creatures are on a par of intelligence with humans and are absolutely beautiful. The scum perpetrating the brutal murdering and butchering of these creatures need to be locked up for life or shot on the spot IMO.

This makes my stomach turn.

search.japantimes.co.jp
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Jeffrey Dahmer his started his "career" torturing and killing animals. It's kind of the MO of young mass murderers.

[edit on 30-3-2008 by stikkinikki]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
These are the kind of people I worry about when it comes to humans. They have the state of mind that I think would make them more likley to do this kind of slaughter to innocent civillians in times of war etc.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And I thought I had a big problem with factory farming... Jesus this is disgusting...

Look at this bit

Meanwhile, a number of dolphin trainers and officials from the Taiji Whale Museum are shown cooperating in the slaughter — some even laughing

They were trainers and other 'officials'

Did they get into that line of work just so they could murder and toture them

This is right on par with the Canadian baby seal killing, maybe even worse considering we think dolphins are sentient..

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
These are the kind of people I worry about when it comes to humans. They have the state of mind that I think would make them more likley to do this kind of slaughter to innocent civillians in times of war etc.

I wouldn't exclude it to times of war.

Lets just say I wouldn't trust any of these guys to watch over my kids...or my pets... or even my plants...

If I had the power, they would be prisoned.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We can only hope that Nature continues it's ways of balancing things out and settling scores. If it does, I hope to see a brutal shark attack in these people's futures.

We kill animals for profit, and then we kill animals that kill humans. But what do we ever do to humans that kill animals? We either pay them or put them in jail for a few months.

These stories infuriate me.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
We can only hope that Nature continues it's ways of balancing things out and settling scores. If it does, I hope to see a brutal shark attack in these people's futures.

That will be in my prayers tonight

That would be poetic justice!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What is equally disturbing about this is the amount of effort these people go to to try and COVER IT UP...It sounds as if even the cops are in on it! They throw huge tarps above the scene to try and keep anyone from looking down into the cove to see what they are doing! This is so heartbreaking.

From their base in Boulder, Colorado, the OPS group made six trips to Wakayama Prefecture, where they were constantly followed by local police and stalked and harassed by Taiji "whalers." Despite this, their mission was successful. Their high-tech film gear was covertly inserted in the "killing cove" and extracted 16 times thanks to the efforts of the film's assistant director, Charles Hambleton, and three members of the OPS team. Their hidden, high-definition (HD) cameras successfully recorded the horror that unfolded behind Taiji's blue tarps. And what they saw was beyond their belief.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
There's a lot of things in this world that a powerful few control that are out of our reach for change.

But thankfully there are still small ethical and moral differences that we can make that can have big rewards for the only thing that truly matters - our planet. When we change our planet for the better, it changes us, as humans, for the better, along with all of the animal species we live with.

I say that because the grassroots efforts that can be made for even something as simple as this dolphin slaughter problem don't only have a great possibility of being successful and bringing change, but can and will have a more positive effect on the planet.

Maybe we can't change the elections. Maybe we can't bring truth to controversial topics like 9/11 and the Iraq War. But we can change things like this that need to be changed.

The political pressure from grassroots movements that can be put on Japan is great and it should be used.

If I had the money to go over there I'd be standing right by this OPS group. I commend them for taking the time to stand up for such a small travesty in terms of the global scale and attempting to make a difference.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey cool news dude. Unfortunately no one will actually do anything about it. Sorry poor animals. I'm guilty myself. Can't help a race that doesn't care enough to stand up and say " it's enough ".

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

Good sentiment, but sharks kill for very different reasons to Humans... Why expend all that energy killing something your not going to eat, or is not threatening you??

Much more likely nature would revenge it's self in the microbe world - rampant incurable viruses and disease's where nature could and would of gladly of provided a cure... Had we not wiped out the relevant plant or animal out on a whim years previously.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albert Wesker
Hey cool news dude. Unfortunately no one will actually do anything about it. Sorry poor animals. I'm guilty myself.

You won't, others will

Can't help a race that doesn't care enough to stand up and say " it's enough ".

So because they don't speak English you're concluding they don't care? What about the language of painful screams?

By that logic I guess it's fair game to kill many of the mentally handicapped and developmentally delayed humans. And of course... the mute

[edit on 073131p://31u24 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Someone has to play DA, might as well be me!

It is a culturally exceptable event in the lives of these people, we're all different and have different ways of life.

Yes dolphins are cute and most definitely sentient, but this practice is thousands of years old, it's the same argument as with the seals, but then all forms of hunting and killing are inherently cruel. Are they not?

Methods may vary, but the out come is the same.

You think people working in a slaughter house don't have a few laughs while they're frying cow brains?

MonKey

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Something needs to be done about this and I hope these people involved never see the ocean again.
It's people like this and others who slow down the human process of becoming more tuned to nature and the earth. It may have been a tradition over there in Japan but it's time to put an end to it. Just because it's a tradition doesn't make it right.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've already seen one disgusting and traumatizing video of this and basically cursed the whole Island over it that the sea will one day return these people to the ocean as fish food themselves.But maybe the Dolphins wouldn't be so harsh and have been known to push the deceased humans back to shore.
Imagine if Dolphins were actually these same people when they are reincarnated? Then they are eating their passed on neighbors ancenstors and relatives.

Let's not forget horses and other domesticated type animals such as puppies also.

I believe there was a similar bit on the news that much of the Dolphin meat is in their markets marked as another species. Many cultures such as these people have been eating whatever they can that isn't poisonous and sometimes is. Maybe they point at something and wonder if they can possibly eat it? I believe there was another documentary that people were feeding the Mongels their own children and people in stories of that history.

What would you do to learn to survive? Some may speculate that they are are already feeding their dead in those fish farms in other similar cultures.

Soylent green anyone?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It seems to me that the only people killing off endangered animals like dolphins, whales, monkeys, panda's, tigers, etc. are Asian/Japanese people...Because they're culture is more open to eating different kinds of exotic meat and its far more valued I guess but the way these animals are killed goes far beyond the simple rules of hunting- it has become torture...fun for their killers. Considering how smart of an animal a dolphin is, this deeply concerns me...I think poachers should have their boating licenses revoked, guns/weapons taken away, and they should be imprisoned if not beaten...These aren't animals we want extinct...Dolphins are miraculous creatures with a definite purpose. I don't understand the way some people think- I'd love to see the poachers poked, spines cracked, or pierced or whatever they did...ITS DISGUSTING for humanity to go so far like this. I feel sorry for those animals...they have no way to defend themselves. They feel pain just as any of us would...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
OK...well personally I would never buy dolphin meat unless my life depended on it, however I want to question what I feel is the irrationally judgmental attitude of many of the posters on here.

First off, the common dolphin is not in the least bit endangered. Second, what gives any of you all the right to impose your personal beliefs and preferences on the Japanese? No humans are being harmed by this activity, and the slaughter of these dolphins is no more cruel than what dolphins' natural predators do to them all the time. Are you going to ban sharks? I'm all for increased public awareness of dolphin slaughter, I'm just saying think before you flame.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Much more likely nature would revenge it's self in the microbe world - rampant incurable viruses and disease's where nature could and would of gladly of provided a cure... Had we not wiped out the relevant plant or animal out on a whim years previously.

It's really funny you say that. According to this article the content of mercury in dolphin meat is very high and is harmful. Unfortunately it is being served to children and other innocents who are not responsible for these killings but perhaps if this issue is pushed far enough perhaps the slaughters will stop.

One dolphin sample had a mercury content 10 times above the health ministry's advisory level of 0.4 parts per million, with a methylmercury readout 10.33 times over the ministry's own advisory level of 0.3 ppm.

Another dolphin sample tested 15.97 times and 12 times above advisory levels of total mercury and methylmercury, respectively.

The results prompted the two officials to describe dolphin meat as "toxic waste."

[edit on 31-3-2008 by InSanE1]

[edit on 31-3-2008 by InSanE1]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just cannot stop crying. This is so horrible. I don't care if I lose points for having only one line of text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join