It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Reasons to Doubt Close Alien Existence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
When people post those ET related pictures, I really don't see anything. Many of those Moon or Mars pictures is always our brains trying to make the rocks look like some alien mechanical device. It's like trying to picture things in clouds.

Becasue we havn't found any signs of life within a great distance, the chances of aliens coming here, in my oppinion, would be low. They would either have to travel at the speed of light for a few hundred million years or maybe they found some wormhole that we havn't found yet. And of course, all of this is based on the assumption that there IS alien life and the aliens are far away from us.

If there are aliens, why would they come here to Earth in insignificant numbers? Why wouldn't they invade and takeover our planet if they have such advanced technology. Well i guess they're just curious.

What do we have that they would want so badly when they can just fly around the universe and expand to other resource nodes?

We are not a threat and we cannot invade alien planets, because we are incapable of travelling fast or handling stressful conditions for long periods of time and much less invade a possibly more advanced civilization.

What I'm trying to get here is that our planet isn't really that special except that it has us. Unless of course there's something that we havn't found out about.

Curiosity like ours has driven the aliens perhaps?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I agree about the Moon and Mars pictures. But I think the evidence that we are being visited is compelling enough. Thousands of multiple credible UFO witnesses can't all be hoaxing/hallucinating.

Maybe the aliens are more interested in replenishing their supply of air, water, food than in us. Maybe life is as common as dirt in the galaxy.

Just my 0.02 (euro) cents.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Why the heck would an intelligent species create a zoo?

Good question.

Perhaps it's because we are fascinated by the lives and behavior of another species. We want to watch them, See how they exist, perhaps learn a little about ourselves by learning a little about them.

If I were offered a free ride to another planet to watch and learn about an intelligent life form that is residing there, I would sign up in a heart beat. If they're edible, thats like a bonus!

How does that saying go??????

"I imagine a world with no war, no hunger or strife, and I imagine us invading it because they would never see it coming."

OK, silliness aside.

If I had the chance to go study the life forms on a distant planet I would, Just out of curiosity.

If they are intelligent enough to make the trip, That's probably why they are here.

join